Jay & Miles by ColumbusGuy

Okey-dokey. No rush, I have the rest of it to write, and I'm looking over something for another friend here.

Linda POV coming up...gotta try and channel one of my sisters. :)

I'm looking forward to Benny's POV... good night, my friend... G

• Like 1

Hey Tim...I'm pretty much into making things right, so I needed places in Toronto and Columbus where the boys could go, or hear of from people like Trebor and Dave, who are OSU freshmen. And Sam and Mikkel need a place to hang out in Toronto, and when they come to Linda's Graduation they might take in a bar or club.

The newest SATW comic was cool!

Ohh, I look forward to more Sam and Mikkel. :D

SATW: the dog one or the sheep one?

It should be a full house since Jerry is coming home for it also...now we just have to get there. I don't know if I should do a post with Jerry before he shows up or not. What do y'all think?

I loved both of them, but I really laughed my ass off at the dog one! Who'd have  thought people would paint sheep though? Wouldn't that ruin the wool at shearing time?

It should be a full house since Jerry is coming home for it also...now we just have to get there. I don't know if I should do a post with Jerry before he shows up or not. What do y'all think?

My suggestion would be to show Jerry through the eye of Miles first. It's will be interesting what an only child thinks of an older brother and how he relates to Jay. Then perhaps a chapter with a split POV from Jerry and Jay.

But you'll have to see what comes natural with the story you want to tell concerning Jerry.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

A long time ago I thought Jerry might be bisexual, and perhaps in a relationship with one of each, but my conscience told me threesomes weren't good. Linda said on the day of the fight that he'd been dating a girl for about a year in San Francisco, but whether that is true we don't know. And if it was, is he still with her, or moved on to a guy?  It has been said that the Coast Guard is probably the gayest branch of our services, and he IS stationed in San Francisco.....

• Like 1

We eagerly await the result of your speculations. :yes:

I have had an idea since the Graduation was first menntioned to answer that speculation...just waiting the chance to write it...part of the reason for asking guys if we might advance the story some, but it is early yet four our boys. We've got so much to get to: Easter in just over three days, the arrival of the package from Mikkel with Jay's 'cheat sheet', and the meet-up with Dave and Trebor on Friday or Saturday night.

• Like 1

I've been trying to write Chapter 31, and it's at 2700 words, but I can't concentrate. I've mentioned that I'm a Siamese cat fan, my current one, Bortai is a Traditional Tortie-Seal Point I've had since May of 2001, a couple months after I got her brother Genghis who was a regular Traditional Seal Point; both were born at my sister's farm where their mother had been thrown out, but I could only take the boy since I had two cats already, but when the third kitten got killed, I took in Bortai also. Genghis was stolen in 2005, so Bortai is all I have left to remind me of him besides my avatar picture.

Her appetite has been off for a couple days, but I put it down to maybe a formula change, but I noticed a couple small lumps she'd had before near her mammary glands--five years back they were benign and sucked out...now they seem to be back and a little bigger, and she seems to be in pain because she meowed when I tried to pick her up tonight...that's new. I am going to get her to the vet Monday since he's closed tomorrow...but I'm scared I'll lose her since she's nearly 15 years old.

I'm sorry this is delaying my chapter...

Edited by ColumbusGuy
  • Like 1

I've been trying to write Chapter 31, and it's at 2700 words, but I can't concentrate. I've mentioned that I'm a Siamese cat fan, my current one, Bortai is a Traditional Tortie-Seal Point I've had since May of 2001, a couple months after I got her brother Genghis who was a regular Traditional Seal Point; both were born at my sister's farm where their mother had been thrown out, but I could only take the boy since I had two cats already, but when the third kitten got killed, I took in Bortai also. Genghis was stolen in 2005, so Bortai is all I have left to remind me of him besides my avatar picture.

Her appetite has been off for a couple days, but I put it down to maybe a formula change, but I noticed a couple small lumps she'd had before near her mammary glands--five years back they were benign and sucked out...now they seem to be back and a little bigger, and she seems to be in pain because she meowed when I tried to pick her up tonight...that's new. I am going to get her to the vet Monday since he's closed tomorrow...but I'm scared I'll lose her since she's nearly 15 years old.

I'm sorry this is delaying my chapter...

CG... Don't worry about the chapter. I really hope Bortai is okay. I'll say a prayer for you, my friend. I'm not ashamed to tell you that your post made me cry. My emotions over losing Mallory are still right near the surface. Keep me posted... Love you, Buddy... G-man

• Like 1

Thanks so much Gary. I tried tempting her with a little hamburger earlier, and she didn't eat it. She seemed to be a little congested with her breathing, so maybe that's what's behind the appetite loss--so I gave her part of an allergy pill which I was using for my Chula, maybe that will help until Monday. The scary thing is that just two years ago, Chula had to be put down for respiratory problems that resisted four courses of antibiotics--she was only 8 years old, a Classic Seal, which is the in-between size: Traditionals are BIG healthy monsters, Classics are thinner, but still robust with a more pronounced forehead, and the Moderns which are living skeletons--but that's what is deemed siamese now with extremely large ears, skinny bodies and numerous health problems as a result.

• Like 1

Thanks so much Gary. I tried tempting her with a little hamburger earlier, and she didn't eat it. She seemed to be a little congested with her breathing, so maybe that's what's behind the appetite loss--so I gave her part of an allergy pill which I was using for my Chula, maybe that will help until Monday. The scary thing is that just two years ago, Chula had to be put down for respiratory problems that resisted four courses of antibiotics--she was only 8 years old, a Classic Seal, which is the in-between size: Traditionals are BIG healthy monsters, Classics are thinner, but still robust with a more pronounced forehead, and the Moderns which are living skeletons--but that's what is deemed siamese now with extremely large ears, skinny bodies and numerous health problems as a result.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she'll be stepping on your keyboard for years to come...

• Like 1

Thanks Tim and Gary. I've almost always had great luck with cats, Chula was the exception. I've gotten 16 years out of most cats, my longest-lived one was 21, maybe a little more since his birthdate was a guess as he was a stray I rescued--he was a lilac point Siamese someone tossed out, so a neighbor asked me to take him in as he had too many animals already. Kublai was rail-thin from not eating much, covered with oil, and flinched at any sudden movement or loud noise--despite all that, within five minutes of getting him to approach closer, he was curled up in my lap and purring away. Took years for him not to be so skittish at noises, but he got back to a good weight and was healthy. He meowed loudly whenever he heard my voice, so I got him on my answering machine tape. :)

For the whole 15 years I had him (he was 6 or 7) when I found him, he was always close by, sleeping under my blanket at night with his head on my pillow next to mine. His last three years he was blind and beginning to lose his hearing, but he knew where everything was and would always stay close to me...then he started having mental 'moments' where he'd start walking in circles and not be able to stop until I picked him up--once I set him down, he'd be fine until the next time some days later. His last night with me was late February 01, I got home from work and he wasn't downstairs, so I got him out of my bed and carried him down to fuss over him and get him to eat--he was purring as I held him, then he took a bite of his food, drank a bit of water, then turned and keeled over. I sat up with him all night in front of his favorite electric heater, holding him, then got him to the vet as soon as they opened. He'd gone into a coma during the night--the vet said they could give him fluids which would bring him around, but it would only be temporary since his kidneys had shut down...so I held him in my arms as the vet gave him his final shot, staring into his eyes as they dimmed.

I was a wreck, digging the hole for him in my back yard next to the daffodils, and I put an encaustic tile over him so I'd never dig there by accident. One month later I got Genghis from my sister--he was two months old, then two months after that, I got his sister Bortai.

I'll try writing something, maybe that will help distract me, but meds first.

• Like 2

Out of sheer stress, I sat down to try and write--Chapter 31 is at 3600 words, and the vet's office just called with an appointment for 10:30. Been at least five years since they last saw her. I don't know what will be involved, whether they'll want to keep her for a while, or what samples they'll take. I just want her better. I had been hoping we'd go out together, with my luck with cats and my health....I'm not going to make my dad's 83, probably not my mom's 76 either.

With any luck, I can write a lot more when I get back, armed with meds to make Bortai her old self again. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Bortai is gone...not a respiratory ailment. Not sure where it came from, maybe the mammary glands were a final symptom, but x-rays revealed cancer in her chest cavity, and all through her lungs. The loss of appetite was because she couldn't eat and breathe at the same time, operations would have been useless so she sspent her last minutes in my arms as the final injection took hold. The vet gave me as much time with her before-hand and after as I needed. She is going to be cremated so I can have her with me, and I guess this place will include some of her fur. The vet took some pictures of her so I could have some recent ones.

I'm adding the most recent one I had of her, which is onsite elsewhere.

I'll see you on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.

Bortai

Bortai, 12-25-00 to 8-10-15

• Like 1