Jay & Miles by ColumbusGuy

Sorry to be out of likes, I'll get back to them when I get some.

Of course, it's started clouding up and is sprinkling, working to rain later on I guess.

As soon as I got home, I tossed out her electric water dish since it didn't really work...I washed her food dish and it's drying on the sink, where it will go back into the cabinet. Emptied her litter box--can't decide if I'm gong to keep it, it's only a month old...almost no litter left, but nearly a whole bag of food. When I took the water thing out to the recycling container, my pocket tinkled, and I pulled her collar with its bell and name tag out, and sat on the back porch crying.

It took more than half an hour in the vet's office before I could manage to speak about what to do with her remains.

I'm sorry I'm not more collected right now, it's only been 2 1/4 hours since she left me.

• Like 1

Of course, it's started clouding up and is sprinkling, working to rain later on I guess.

As soon as I got home, I tossed out her electric water dish since it didn't really work...I washed her food dish and it's drying on the sink, where it will go back into the cabinet. Emptied her litter box--can't decide if I'm gong to keep it, it's only a month old...almost no litter left, but nearly a whole bag of food. When I took the water thing out to the recycling container, my pocket tinkled, and I pulled her collar with its bell and name tag out, and sat on the back porch crying.

It took more than half an hour in the vet's office before I could manage to speak about what to do with her remains.

I'm sorry I'm not more collected right now, it's only been 2 1/4 hours since she left me.

It's OK. You're doing much better than I would have expected.  I know she meant a great deal to you.  She was part of your family.  The little things (like her collar or her food dish) is going to get to you when you least expect it.  

• Like 1

You have every right to be distraught, and I'm impressed you can tell us what's happened in such a coherent manner. We're here for you, ready to listen and commiserate and send you virtual :hug: and :kiss: hoping to comfort you just a little.

• Like 1

Bortai is gone...not a respiratory ailment. Not sure where it came from, maybe the mammary glands were a final symptom, but x-rays revealed cancer in her chest cavity, and all through her lungs. The loss of appetite was because she couldn't eat and breathe at the same time, operations would have been useless so she sspent her last minutes in my arms as the final injection took hold. The vet gave me as much time with her before-hand and after as I needed. She is going to be cremated so I can have her with me, and I guess this place will include some of her fur. The vet took some pictures of her so I could have some recent ones.

I'm adding the most recent one I had of her, which is onsite elsewhere.

I'll see you on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.

Bortai, 12-25-00 to 8-10-15

I'm so, so sorry, CG... such a loss... you were a great dad... she was a lucky girl to belong to you... love you, buddy xoxo

We're crying with you, CG... there's not much more we can do, but we're here, and we loved her because you did...

• Like 2

Bortai is gone...not a respiratory ailment. Not sure where it came from, maybe the mammary glands were a final symptom, but x-rays revealed cancer in her chest cavity, and all through her lungs. The loss of appetite was because she couldn't eat and breathe at the same time, operations would have been useless so she sspent her last minutes in my arms as the final injection took hold. The vet gave me as much time with her before-hand and after as I needed. She is going to be cremated so I can have her with me, and I guess this place will include some of her fur. The vet took some pictures of her so I could have some recent ones.

I'm adding the most recent one I had of her, which is onsite elsewhere.

I'll see you on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.

Bortai, 12-25-00 to 8-10-15

RIP, Bortai. My thoughts are with you, CG

Thank you all so much--it means more to me than you can know that I have such friends online. That's why I don't do social media--any yahoo can add you as a friend. I have never made friends like that--every one I have means something special to me because we share something...just as the ones I've found here at GA. You are closer than family to me, as they aren't in touch with me unless someting bad happens--there is no day to day interaction, just maybe a birthday card. This year, the only Christmas card I got was from the cable company. With countless nieces and nephews, most of whom I've met once or twice at best, except for the gay one who I only see at Christmas or Thanksgiving at my middle sister's, the only birthday card I got was from the sister in between her and me.  All say they will call more often, but they never do.

I was looking at something on Facebook while seeing if there was new stuff on my home town I'd asked about, and just saw a post that my nephew was in town the night before at a gay bar downtown--then came to campus to spend time at a bar there owned by some friends of his--and he didn't bother to stop by--and he knows I keep very late hours.

So, you are all closer to me than family, and I wish I could hug each of you for your concern and well-wishes.

:kiss::hug::heart: :heart: :thankyou:

• Like 5

Thank you all so much--it means more to me than you can know that I have such friends online. That's why I don't do social media--any yahoo can add you as a friend. I have never made friends like that--every one I have means something special to me because we share something...just as the ones I've found here at GA. You are closer than family to me, as they aren't in touch with me unless someting bad happens--there is no day to day interaction, just maybe a birthday card. This year, the only Christmas card I got was from the cable company. With countless nieces and nephews, most of whom I've met once or twice at best, except for the gay one who I only see at Christmas or Thanksgiving at my middle sister's, the only birthday card I got was from the sister in between her and me.  All say they will call more often, but they never do.

I was looking at something on Facebook while seeing if there was new stuff on my home town I'd asked about, and just saw a post that my nephew was in town the night before at a gay bar downtown--then came to campus to spend time at a bar there owned by some friends of his--and he didn't bother to stop by--and he knows I keep very late hours.

So, you are all closer to me than family, and I wish I could hug each of you for your concern and well-wishes.

Consider yourself hugged, and stop making me cry, dammit... :,( lots of love... G-man

• Like 1

Consider yourself hugged, and stop making me cry, dammit... :,( lots of love... G-man

What G-Man said .  :hug:

• Like 1

I wish there was more I could do to make this easier for you but all I have to offer is my deepest heartfelt sympathy. I pray that in the fullness of time the memories both sweet and sad will bring comfort until then know there are those who grieve because you grieve.

• Like 4

I thought about this all night, wondering if I should share a pic of me and Bortai a few minutes after the sedative shot so she would be calmer when the final injection came twenty minutes later...I should have had one myself as I was a mess. When the vet asked to do x-rays, I knew it wasn't good news that an antibiotic could fight...then she said the cancer was all through her lungs and there really wan't another option. I could barely speak to tell her to do what she needed for the last step, and she took the pictures I asked her to, and gave me about another half hour before she came back to do it, then she left me with her when it was done, until I asked her to arrange the cremation. Dr. Monfort was great,she gave me all the time I needed, and was talking quietly to Bortai as I held her, reassuring her that she was loved and had a wonderful life with me, and that we'd be together again.

Anyway, I look like hell from crying and lack of sleep, but here's me and Bortai one last time together.

Bortai 1

• Like 3

I thought about this all night, wondering if I should share a pic of me and Bortai a few minutes after the sedative shot so she would be calmer when the final injection came twenty minutes later...I should have had one myself as I was a mess. When the vet asked to do x-rays, I knew it wasn't good news that an antibiotic could fight...then she said the cancer was all through her lungs and there really wan't another option. I could barely speak to tell her to do what she needed for the last step, and she took the pictures I asked her to, and gave me about another half hour before she came back to do it, then she left me with her when it was done, until I asked her to arrange the cremation. Dr. Monfort was great,she gave me all the time I needed, and was talking quietly to Bortai as I held her, reassuring her that she was loved and had a wonderful life with me, and that we'd be together again.

Anyway, I look like hell from crying and lack of sleep, but here's me and Bortai one last time together.

That is a very touching, beautiful picture, but I told you to stop making me cry, dammit. Having a great vet really helps, and it sounds like you had one... much love... Gary xo

• Like 1

I'm trying to keep my mind off it...the reminders are gong to take time to wear off, I don't need to pur food out, or worry about her litter box anymore. It hurt when I took my keyboard cover off since she wouldn't be jumping up to type, or pop off the keys anymore.

I think I'm doing better...she was never noisy, so that hasn't changed, but I'm going to write more today so that will help. Time for lunch, meds, then writing.

Chapter 31 is at 3600 words, but I can add to it now that I've had a little time to assimilate things.

Since age 15 I've parted my hair in the middle thanks to the cow lick in front and another on top, which I just HAD to give Miles, since he's me...you can now see in person how horrible it is. :)

Edited by ColumbusGuy
  • Like 2

Heard from the crematory today...not the same one who did Chula two years ago since this was a different vet hospital, but they are a big company here with lots of outlets. I was thinking of a wooden container for Bortai, but the ones made of real wood are a lot more expensive, so I opted for the copper urn, and they will give me a form to have the name plate engraved when I get her back in about a week. They will include an ink paw print and some of her fur, which seems weird to me because of her coloring making that so difficult...Siamese are usually two basic colors, a 'point' color on paws, tail and face--dark brown, lilac, red, blue, and bodies in various shades of white-cream-tan depending on what the points are. Bortai was a Tortie-Seal, which means she was tan, with seal-brown points, but the Tortie part is a genetic alteration which means part of the brown is missing a matching gene so parts will be marbled in creamy patches on top of the brown, and often on the main body as well. How can you pick a representative piece of that? I mean, one ear was seal brown, the other was marked like a checkerboard in the brown and cream. :)

Anyhow, Chapter 31 news: it's moving again, I couldn't sleep too much and wound up reading stuff, then ran out, and decided to try my chapter again. It's now just a hair over 4800 words, and going strong--Gary knows something I'm planning, in a general way, and it looks like that will be the ending of the chapter. Just to be perverse, I have a surprise with that which he doesn't know, so that ought to be fun to see his reaction...and yours, my dear friends.

• Like 1