[DomLuka] What's your favorite scene in DD?

Guest Kitty

In the discussion thread on DD, THE last part, Rad asked,

Anyway. WOW! What a story. I had thought Aaron was gonna change and that WTH is with Seth? Hehehehehe. One of the most memorable scenes for me was the short misunderstanding about Rory's hickey when he went home with Sth. Too bad, I had hoped that Dom would "prolong" the misunderstanding. LOL! :2thumbs:

Anyway, what is your favorite scene in Desert Dropping? Why?

There are so many, but the image that has stuck (pun intended) in my mind is Rory, still discombobulated from his mother's death and being dropped in the desert to live with total strangers, running off and sitting on that cactus. That scene is vintage DomLuka, IMO. If this story is ever published in book form, that's got to be the illustration on the cover.

Kitty :)

Edited by Kitty

My favorite scene was the swimming pool scene where Luke thought he had to save Rory, and then they both ended up on the bottom of the pool staring at each other. And then later when Luke got locked outside and had to beg Rory to let him in. That scene ended their little disagreement

Great story Dom :2thumbs:

Definitely, Mission : Taking the Hand!.

It was very sweet but that's not really what caught my attention. First, that was extraordinary well described and then it sounded so true. I mean, I guess everybody already have been in such a situation where you ponder every little move you make on somebody, weigh every reaction they have and try not/dare not to jump them right away.

I guess it might be the phone number in the dirt... absolutely creative and unique! it was just so sweet too... well, Seth is just sooo sweet!

on a slightly different topic, I loved the "I pulled a Luke" sentence said by Rory in the last chapter, really funny and to the point for those who know the story!

too bad it can't be used on an everyday basis...

Someone already said the hand holding scene. I loved that, too! My favorite part of the whole story.

Another favorite for me was when Rory was telling Luke how he didn

I have to say my favorite part has to be when Rory confronted Luke and Dom left us with the cliffhanger.....'Seth wasn't all wrong.' Or something like that. I was dying to hear what happened after that and it seemed we waited so long for the next chapter.

And any part where Rory repeat to himself what other's said. Loved it!

Meleth

Let's see.... hmmm... *ponders*... I think one of my favorite scene from DD would have to be when Seth Brought Rory home from the party where Aaron (notice i didnt use TLS) had practically tried to rape him and so Rory gets out of the truck, followed by Seth and Rory asks seth what he was doing and all seth says is "Walking you to the door."

That is when i wished i had some one to be that sweet to me... it makes me wonder what all i miss by not having a boy friend... Maybe one day i will find my Seth :boy::wub: ...

but anyway... yeah... that is totally my favorite DD scene.

later ~ nick :read:

There are a lot of memorable scenes in DD, but most of them have been pointed out already. I'm suprised no one mention this one. The scene where Eddie pleads with Rory to stay with them is one of my favorite. Personally, I think this was one of the saddest scene in the story other than the ending and the flashbacks.

I really can't just pick one scene -- I'd really have to think about it for a while. But, I really love the ones that you guys came up with.

I also liked the one where Rory fell off of Seth's bed.

And when Rory and Aaron are on that ride at the Water Park -- I know, I know ... not exactly what most would think, but that chapter really set the stage for Rory's first kiss, and it was exciting nonetheless.

I also like the scene where Rory and Aaron are arguing at the park.

And I like the scene when Eddie and Rory are in the attic.

AND I like the scene where Dave sees Rory and Aaron at the diner ...

Yeah, I have too many, but what can I say? This story had a lot of it, and a lot of those scenes are just flooded with the sentimental value that they carry. It's so emotional to remember the scenes from the beginning of Dom's stories -- especially to see how the main characters' perceptions of there eventual boyfriends has changed so dramatically throughout the story.

... like when Quinn sees Jude for the first time behind the school ...

It's weird. Each one of Dom's stories have characters and places and storylines that I'll never forget, and they each give me this great feeling. It's almost like they're real people and real places, and I can't wait to go find them and hang out with them and be their best friend. It's corny, but true.

I have always felt the beginning of DD is the best ever. Rory getting picked up from the airport all lost and in a 'oh my god he could break me in two if I tell him I'm gay' mood and then inside Eddie's house seeing the picture of Eddie with his arm around Jase thinking Jase is a drinking buddy and Eddie telling Rory Jase is his 'uncle'. I think I broke down laughing here the first time I read it because it was so obvious ^_^

Btw, now that I reread the story, what happened to the fishtank?

My favorite scene was the swimming pool scene where Luke thought he had to save Rory, and then they both ended up on the bottom of the pool staring at each other. And then later when Luke got locked outside and had to beg Rory to let him in. That scene ended their little disagreement

Great story Dom :2thumbs:

Yeah, I would have to agree, this was my favorite scene. It stuck in my head for a long time, and it was the first scene to pop in my head. :D

Let's see.... hmmm... *ponders*... I think one of my favorite scene from DD would have to be when Seth Brought Rory home from the party where Aaron (notice i didnt use TLS) had practically tried to rape him and so Rory gets out of the truck, followed by Seth and Rory asks seth what he was doing and all seth says is "Walking you to the door."

That is when i wished i had some one to be that sweet to me... it makes me wonder what all i miss by not having a boy friend... Maybe one day i will find my Seth :boy::wub: ...

but anyway... yeah... that is totally my favorite DD scene.

later ~ nick :read:

It's a tie for me between the "walking you to the door" scene and the part where rory finally opens his present and hears his mom's voice again. IMO, that was the most emotional point of the whole story. But the other part was definitely the cuter one.

There are a lot of scenes that I liked, but one that is sticking in the back of my mind was the first scene that Eddie touched Rory, by hugging the boy in the attic. It was right after Aaron tried to rape Rory, and Rory was hunting fiercely for a picture of his mother the next morning. He was so upset that he was trying to find comfort from the one person who was there for him his entire life, and since she was gone, hugging the picture to chest in bed after he found it and crying was the best he could do.