Well I have a feeling that the chapters leading to the 'break' are going to have some major Scent influences.

We know that by MW6 Chapter 4's Prompt Bait that Colt has been captured/kidnapped. Then by MW6 Chapter 9 we have Prompt Fall... So needless to say Colt is going to be physically GONE from the pack for a very prolonged period of time. This means the Scent Addiction has to be 'handled' somehow. Be it it breaks or something else happens to mitigate it.

Now if you remember a long time ago in MW1 or MW2 MaryAnn had a discussion with someone about Scents and how to break it. It would require having a given shifter for months in order to put them through enough treatments to circuvent the natural scenting abilities/attractions of the shifter. So could this somehow be done to Colt during his captivity? Only time will tell for sure.

I have a feeling that the scents are somehow linked to the white wolf.  If the white wolf is gone, I wonder if Colt's addictive scent goes with him??  

• Like 1

Given the pack will have a little powwow (I so love that word) in chapter 13, maybe that provides some answers ... chapter 15 sure will do ;-).

And for all those who have a virus on my little MetaLapTop: My revenge will be served cold and at the moment you least expect it ...

JAR

Given the pack will have a little powwow (I so love that word) in chapter 13, maybe that provides some answers ... chapter 15 sure will do ;-).

And for all those who have a virus on my little MetaLapTop: My revenge will be served cold and at the moment you least expect it ...

JAR

:read:0:):unsure2::rofl: Its a good thing I don't have a virus.... I just go mining... Now some others... I expect are in trouble....

The inner circle needs another 'Colt powwow'

Edited by PkCrichton

I have a feeling that the scents are somehow linked to the white wolf.  If the white wolf is gone, I wonder if Colt's addictive scent goes with him??  

If Colt loses the White Wolf, he may no longer be able to scent his wolves. That would ve very sad, but I'm sure he'll still love them and desire them. And they will still be able to scent him, and I refuse to believe they will ever stop loving him and wanting him.

Remember, we know that all wolves scent their mates whether they are wolf or human (from Olof's explanation to Jett and from Seb and Emma). Colt may lose the waterfall and wine scents (though I somehow doubt it), but he'll still smell like Colt to the wolves.

I have to admit I would be really  :,( upset to have Colt lose his ability to scent his wolves, I love it when he remarks (in his own head) on how they smell. 

If Colt loses the White Wolf, he may no longer be able to scent his wolves. That would ve very sad, but I'm sure he'll still love them and desire them. And they will still be able to scent him, and I refuse to believe they will ever stop loving him and wanting him.

Remember, we know that all wolves scent their mates whether they are wolf or human (from Olof's explanation to Jett and from Seb and Emma). Colt may lose the waterfall and wine scents (though I somehow doubt it), but he'll still smell like Colt to the wolves.

I have to admit I would be really  :,( upset to have Colt lose his ability to scent his wolves, I love it when he remarks (in his own head) on how they smell. 

We know that Colt can still 'smell' others come MW7 when he is back at college. Bradley however didn't seem to scent him. So something has to happen that disables or suppresses Colt's scent. This is probably a factor leading to the 'pack' kicking him out. The White Wolf status we still don't fully understand and won't until MW8 Fate I'm sure... But it would make sense that somehow this 'ability' is lost playing yet another factor into the events to come.

As for love... We know Colt still loves them as he still refers to them as his wolves. Do they love him? If Fall is any proof I would say they do. Fall at a glance appears to happen either while Colt is in captivity or after he has been released, gotten away or been rescued. I personally believe that Fall takes place after his captivity is over. But that captivity and some other events lead to Colt being 'removed' from the pack. Remember Colt's Meta role was with the Inner Circle only, it has no baring on the pack itself. Now if he were somehow no longer the Inner Circle's Meta they may want him around still but the pack itself may not. Inner Circles can only control the pack as a whole to a point so if the pack wanted Colt gone Prime may have 'had' to give in. Knowing Colt though I think he would have seen the way things were moving and wanted to 'save Prime' from having to do that and would have left himself instead. This would explain the dire moods that the entire Inner Circle was in and described as being in by Brian during Fall.

*waits to hear someone say things are either interesting or saying there is a virus in play.

• Like 1

PkC, I'm going to disagree with a few of your thoughts. First, while it's true that the meta's role is with the inner circle it also has an enormous bearing on the pack as a whole. His influence guides Prime and the others, they in turn govern the pack. Also, each member of the pack defers to him in his role, i.e. Olaf's excitement at his visit to the funiture factory. Next point, a shifter pack is not a democracy, the alpha rules until challenged and defeated ... yes, there can be and often is intrigue but the alpha rules. If you don't like it and can't challenge petition to leave. How JAR fits future events to those basic tenents is what has us all bemused, befuddled and bewitched.

• Like 1

Nice theories, everyone! My brain is mush after an intense stay in the desert, sleeping on the plane last night and working today. So while I have FINALLY read ch 12, I have nothing to contribute yet. Need food and possibly sleep.

I did think of this song though, during the chat between Colt and Jett (I must say I'm glad Olaf seems nicer to his son now, even if it took a little intervention of Fate).

Nice theories, everyone! My brain is mush after an intense stay in the desert, sleeping on the plane last night and working today. So while I have FINALLY read ch 12, I have nothing to contribute yet. Need food and possibly sleep.

I did think of this song though, during the chat between Colt and Jett (I must say I'm glad Olaf seems nicer to his son now, even if it took a little intervention of Fate).

Well glad you're able to catch up. I'm sure we'll look forward to your thoughts after you've rested.

PkC, I'm going to disagree with a few of your thoughts. First, while it's true that the meta's role is with the inner circle it also has an enormous bearing on the pack as a whole. His influence guides Prime and the others, they in turn govern the pack. Also, each member of the pack defers to him in his role, i.e. Olaf's excitement at his visit to the funiture factory. Next point, a shifter pack is not a democracy, the alpha rules until challenged and defeated ... yes, there can be and often is intrigue but the alpha rules. If you don't like it and can't challenge petition to leave. How JAR fits future events to those basic tenents is what has us all bemused, befuddled and bewitched.

I believe there is a difference between role to the Inner Circle, role with the Outer Circle/Pack and the role with the Pack Companies.

When it comes to the Pack Companies the role of the Meta would similar to the role with the Inner Circle since its guiding the future of the Pack for the long term. I'm sure as Meta that Colt was given a suitable top tier position with the companies that grants him the needed authority over those in the companies.

When it comes to the Outer Circle the Meta has no direct role unless it is through the lense of guiding the long term direction of the Pack. Typically this would only be most directly felt when a given shifter works for a Pack Company since the Meta would have a greater guiding role there than in any other day to day occurance with the Outer Circle. Outside of the Companies the Meta would have no direct authority over the Outer Circle.

As for Olaf well who doesn't like seeing their management taken to task for doing things in ways they shouldn't be done?

• Like 1

I would love to have Colt visit my job and deal with a certain person...

His role with the pack is as I see it that of a consigliere, with Prime as the Don. He may not have direct power over the pack, but for anyone to try and break them up would not end well for that person. That would mean Colt leaving has to be either his or the Inner circle decision. I think it's Colt. He would sacrifice himself in a heartbeat if he truly believed it would save the pack. He doesn't see himself as a soldier, but that's just because he doesn't think he fights just as much as the wolves. He does it with his intelligence. Too bad he doesn't appreciatehow valuable that particular skill is.

Edited by Puppilull
  • Like 2

As preparation for chapter 13  0:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=porkY6I0LLc

Edited by JohnAR
  • Like 1

Actually, it will solve some parts of the puzzle ... so I guess the Swedish king has an illegitimate son ...

He probably has several, the perve... Some of his rumored mistresses actually fit the description of vampires. LOL

Colt WAS born in Stockholm after all ...

If that is true, Colt really shouldn't expect any superpowers from his father's side... Or well, Victoria seems to have turned out Ok, so there might be something there.

We currently have no idea what a Half Wolf Shifter can or can't do.. We know that Forest is a Half Wolf Shifter and potentially an alpha but what about others? Could someone be Half Wolf but not shift and still pass on a Wolf to their children who could then shift?

We currently have no idea what a Half Wolf Shifter can or can't do.. We know that Forest is a Half Wolf Shifter and potentially an alpha but what about others? Could someone be Half Wolf but not shift and still pass on a Wolf to their children who could then shift?

The wolf gene is dominant (what a surprise). So when a half wolf has a child, his "gift" to the child is full wolf genes. So "at worst" the child is half wolf again. E.g. two half wolfs would only have 100% wolf children ...

The wolf gene is dominant (what a surprise). So when a half wolf has a child, his "gift" to the child is full wolf genes. So "at worst" the child is half wolf again. E.g. two half wolfs would only have 100% wolf children ...

Well that is interesting information. If both the wolf gene is dominant and when passing on genes a half wolf always gives 100% wolf for their 50% of the genes... Then Colt has 50% wolf genes. The other 50% are from Betsy and would be whatever % Vampire and Human.

But this also means that both Arthur and Forest are going to be shifting at some point.

So some questions and observations on wolf genes.

There are multiple versions of the wolf genes

• Alpha
  • Enforcer
  • Other
    • Betas
    • Gamas
    • Outer Circle Wolves

Do Betas have their own unique version of the wolf genes like Alphas and Enforcers? Or are they just wolves who have for one reason or another just been smarter?

We know that the Alpha and Enforcer genes can bo weaker or stronger in one generation yet in the next swing either way. The genes also need some level of nurturing to express themselves to whatever extent they can in a given shifter prime examples are Sam, Warren and Jackson. What would happen to a shifter if a wolf from an Alpha line and one from an Enforcer line mated?

I believe if an Alpha and an Other(beta, gamma, outer circle) mated that the Alpha genes would be more dominant but would assert themselves to varied degrees as seen with Seb and Prime.

• Like 1