I agree with Puppulull and Def... my biggest issue, post-baby, was lack of sleep. That'll make anyone a little loopy.

I did like that Colt was smart enough to keep his mouth shut though... so he already has Sheldon Cooper beat ;)

Sheldon doesn't want or get sex. Well he would get Amy sex if he wanted. Edited by JohnAR

I fully understand that. What I'm saying is the only reason why men show tact in the front of ladies is that in one way or another that enables sex. If you don't want that, you don't need to show tact.

It of you get sex you have the motivation to be nice ... Kind of cosmic justice.

I fully understand that. What I'm saying is the only reason why men show tact in the front of ladies is that in one way or another that enables sex. If you don't want that, you don't need to show tact.

If that explanation is to be believed, and I don't think it gives some men proper credit, it doesn't explain why Colt was tactful with Emma then... he certainly doesn't want her sexually.  

• Like 3

I fully understand that. What I'm saying is the only reason why men show tact in the front of ladies is that in one way or another that enables sex. If you don't want that, you don't need to show tact.It of you get sex you have the motivation to be nice ... Kind of cosmic justice.

That's a horrible characterisation of men. I really don't believe it. Then again I live in the winter wonderland where we are all a bit strange... If it's true, no wonder the world is in the state it is.

It of you get sex you have the motivation to be nice ... Kind of cosmic justice.

:o  :no:  You don't really believe that do you? 

Ok, to dig us out of this hole I seem to have created, I'll try some old fashioned hypothesising.

The vampire/-s at Emma’s place – why are they there? To keep tabs on the new Alpha? Is h a new threat to the vampires? Is Forest somehow vital to the next phase? That's makes me think of the cycle again. This just never ends...

Is Prime’s mother really a mole? That would be terrible. If so, is it really her or is she being shadowed? But who is MG? Good or bad?

Fate seemes to have been building her forces for a very long time. I guess if you work in cycles of 3000 years, you have time to plan...

There were so many scents in this chapter. I started to think about the Russian lake. Water and lakes are "known" smells, but I can't recall a specific Russian lake and right now everything Russian is highly suspec to met. But why would Colt smell that? His sense of smell is developing fast, so maybe he's picking up other scents now. 

• Like 3

There were so many scents in this chapter. I started to think about the Russian lake. Water and lakes are "known" smells, but I can't recall a specific Russian lake and right now everything Russian is highly suspec to met. But why would Colt smell that? His sense of smell is developing fast, so maybe he's picking up other scents now.  

Sam is the one with the lake smell. If he smells Russian, does that mean he's being shadowed by Galina? :o

On the other hand his orange smell was there too, but perhaps MaryAnn passed on what she learned before Colt shot Prime/her?

Ok, to dig us out of this hole I seem to have created, I'll try some old fashioned hypothesising.

So the decoys are working  :devil:  :devil:

primes eyes have shown scenes form the Rockies, alps and carpathians. Isaac see has been Greek, Italian and French Mediterranean. Even Isaac apricot scent has been described as Turkish ... None of which had a deeper meaning (so far). So why suddenly  Russian lake? (I used Arctic lake before I think as well).

Of course, this is Meta after all.

Sam is the one with the lake smell. If he smells Russian, does that mean he's being shadowed by Galina? :o

On the other hand his orange smell was there too, but perhaps MaryAnn passed on what she learned before Colt shot Prime/her?

I didn't find that MaryAnn left a smell on Prime when she shadowed Prime, just suppressed his strawberry scent ?  Maybe the smell of a Russian lake is something else?  Another wolf?  

The vampire/-s at Emma’s place – why are they there? To keep tabs on the new Alpha? Is h a new threat to the vampires? Is Forest somehow vital to the next phase? That's makes me think of the cycle again. This just never ends...

Is Prime’s mother really a mole? That would be terrible. If so, is it really her or is she being shadowed? But who is MG? Good or bad?

Fate seemes to have been building her forces for a very long time. I guess if you work in cycles of 3000 years, you have time to plan...

So the decoys are working  :devil:  :devil:

primes eyes have shown scenes form the Rockies, alps and carpathians. Isaac see has been Greek, Italian and French Mediterranean. Even Isaac apricot scent has been described as Turkish ... None of which had a deeper meaning (so far). So why suddenly  Russian lake? (I used Arctic lake before I think as well).

Of course, this is Meta after all.

When it comes to Shadowing... What MaryAnn was able to do was reproduce the Dominant side of Primes scents not the more subtle side of him the Strawberries. Beyond that there was no extra scent present or alteration to the locations his scent was similar to that I know of off hand. We'd have to go scour through ShadowLands to double check that. The main other change when Shadowed was Colt saw a 'fog' in the Eye scenes that he gets from them.

Colt being able to smell more and more has been happening since ShadowLands also. It started with him picking up Emma being pregnant and has grown more and more since then. Off hand I'd say that since Battles started he's been able to get more of the emotional scents off people as he did in Canada, off Hunter in addition to his ability to pick up vamp scents present or older.

When it comes to the Russian Lake.. Well as JAR says he has used a LOT of location scents and vision scenes on the wolves of locations Colt could NEVER have known.

Now for Prime's Mother... there were a lot of interesting things there... She had a mate she loved but wasn't allowed to be with. She says she loved him and was a mate but was he a Scent Mate or just a Love Mate? Then on top Betsy gave a prophecy of an Alpha Line if she got with Arthur Seb Loope. I bet this Andre shows up in some way somewhere else in Meta as well! So she calls MG... The Prompt makes on expect MG to be someone working against the Pack and Colt that wasn't Prime's Mother so it would go into the aspect of multiple moles as MaryAnn stated IF that is her they are calling. Prime's Mom calling was ambiguous of good or bad intentions that were visible at least but coupled witht he Prompt leads one to think bad. At least Prime is insightful enough to have Warren pull up her call record... Hopefully its not a government number that they can have blocked from the records... If so then they need to get some spyware on that phone.

Forest is an Alpha pup. Well we all knew Seb was showing more and more Alpha tendancies since Emma got pregnant! Its only fitting that one of his sons got that side of the genes. But he is also Half Wolf like Colt's Father. I wonder how that will alter things. The fact that there are vamps present around and in her house are troubling. The complex she lives in was described as a good place turned run down this fits in a lot with what the vamps want to do with the world. I half bet the owner of the complex is a Vamp.

So Bradley is ALREADY showing up in the chapters. I didn't expect to see him show up at all until MW7! But that Georgia wolf living in Maine for School would have needed to change now in order to be in LA for MW7 when Colt is back there! He is having dreams already of battles... That Betsy calls the Final Battle... Oh damn MW8! We knew there had to be more! Then she tells him he needs to be in LA or the vamps will rise back up and that 'someone' would need his protection there. She really loves to mettle but is it for her own goals or is it to help Colt? Its intersting that he already has many of the features that Colt likes in his wolves... I guess his wolf won't have to 'alter much' come Bonding time. I'm really liking Bradley(ugh I want to call him Brad... damn southern lets use our full name)

Ok thats enough analysis on my part for the moment.

• Like 1

Ok so some thoughts on Prompt Fall and Deaths 12

So was thinking over Fall more.. It takes place 5 chapters after Prompt Bait. In that Colt had been captured and imprisoned by vamps. So something that happened during the imprisonment must have caused the 'change' in status. But there is also the issue of Betsy's prophecy to Bradley. She said he would need protection during this time but its going to be a year until Colt goes back to school in LA since Fall takes place in Fall of MW6 and Colt doesn't even apply until Spring/Summer the next year. And yes its really hard seeing the wolves in the state they are in or described. CE seems to have a really hard time with it given the end of the prompt. Everyone seems to be shutting themselves off to their more sensitive sides.

Nice to see Olaf's family showing up but wow its strange seeing the perspective change for basically an entire chapter. That puts more weight on Jett as an important character than anything. Brian and CE didn't ever have that much of a chapter dedicated to them before midway into Origins and ShadowLands.

Natasha makes me think of Galina and the blond male vamp in Silensia.

I think something ELSE is up with Jett... He could smell Colt's arousal but since Colt met Warren the Tattoo immerged his emotional scents were hidden even from ALPHAS... Shouldn't that include his arousal? Jett is supposed to do something really good as per Betsy... Maybe that has something to do with pack or Colt specifically. Jett is supposed to go to college in the fall. Prime's College is mentioned but what college is that? Is it a college in the ShadowLands territory or is it the college in LA that Colt, Prime, Brian, CE, Sam and Al all went to? If its LA then maybe he helps look out for Colt while he is 'non pack'? Its nice to finally meet Jett after the allusions to him in the Olaf Prompt. I like the kid a lot so far. I bet he and Gavin would be thick as thieves if they were around each other. His thoughts on the wolves are great. Him playing rugby with them would be quite a sight I'm sure lol. I wonder when it was that he went to the college tour, was it before or after he first saw Colt and started getting those feelings that Colt didn't like him?

Something feels off with Agneta. Yes it could be the worry for her children and her not having the 'social status' she liked in West Montana but it feels a little deeper.

I hadn't known that at least 1 of the pack companies was a Furniture Company. I wonder if it making High End, Modern Style is something that Colt pushed for or if it had been doing that prior? I love Olaf's reactions and thoughts about when Colt went to the factory. So fits in with what we all thought happened whenever he took part in any company meetings. I really like Olaf in this chapter a lot more than I did in his introductory Prompt.

• Like 2

I think something ELSE is up with Jett... He could smell Colt's arousal but since Colt met Warren the Tattoo immerged his emotional scents were hidden even from ALPHAS... Shouldn't that include his arousal? 

I don't think arousal can be classified as only an emotion, since there is physical stuff involved too. And I bet that's what Jett sensed (smelled), albeit vaguely.

I don't think arousal can be classified as only an emotion, since there is physical stuff involved too. And I bet that's what Jett sensed (smelled), albeit vaguely.

Makes you wonder what is and isn't able to be smelled off Colt since the tattoo manifested. Emotions, feelings and your physical body are so heavily tied together...

Makes you wonder what is and isn't able to be smelled off Colt since the tattoo manifested. Emotions, feelings and your physical body are so heavily tied together...

Of course, there could be another reason ... but for that you'll have to read MW8.

Of course, there could be another reason ... but for that you'll have to read MW8.

Ok, I'll give my farout theory now....  I think Jett is another 'nose', but a natural born one and Colt will be a vampire king :P

• Like 2

Ok, I'll give my farout theory now....  I think Jett is another 'nose', but a natural born one and Colt will be a vampire king :P

If he was a nose, he would now if the vamp seducing him is a Queen. Or perhaps not, if noone has told him what Queens are supposed to smell like.

Well I have a feeling that the chapters leading to the 'break' are going to have some major Scent influences.

We know that by MW6 Chapter 4's Prompt Bait that Colt has been captured/kidnapped. Then by MW6 Chapter 9 we have Prompt Fall... So needless to say Colt is going to be physically GONE from the pack for a very prolonged period of time. This means the Scent Addiction has to be 'handled' somehow. Be it it breaks or something else happens to mitigate it.

Now if you remember a long time ago in MW1 or MW2 MaryAnn had a discussion with someone about Scents and how to break it. It would require having a given shifter for months in order to put them through enough treatments to circuvent the natural scenting abilities/attractions of the shifter. So could this somehow be done to Colt during his captivity? Only time will tell for sure.

• Like 1