Don't want to fall into gender stereotypes  (but doing it anyway): Is that because you are a woman? If a guy hasn't been able to attract the guys he wants until the age of 21, he's either an official serial killer or ugly ;-).

Now you're being unfair to Colt. He has such high standards and narrow definitions for the guys and the sex he likes that it's not easy, particularly when 85-90% of the male population are unavailable (ie straight) from the beginning.

• Like 1

Or maybe his upbringing has been so terrible and left him so bitter and angry, he's not really giving off those lovey-dovey vibes... Hard to attract anyone in that state of mind.

I have quite normal and rather attractive friends who don't seem to be able to meet anyone either. More often than not, they have a back story...

• Like 1

But you see, I don't think Colt is ugly. He thinks he's ugly, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's true. There are very few ugly people in my opinion.

So like this? http://www.clickypix.com/funny-pictures-lazy-sunday/hot-nerd-guys-funny-pictures_clickypix/

Or maybe his upbringing has been so terrible and left him so bitter and angry, he's not really giving off those lovey-dovey vibes... Hard to attract anyone in that state of mind.

I have quite normal and rather attractive friends who don't seem to be able to meet anyone either. More often than not, they have a back story...

Oh Colt's full back story is book 5 <eg>

Now you're being unfair to Colt. He has such high standards and narrow definitions for the guys and the sex he likes that it's not easy, particularly when 85-90% of the male population are unavailable (ie straight) from the beginning.

I would say he has ... traditional .. definitions ;-)

Oh I just found this: http://www.clickypix.com/29-wonderfullly-sarcastic-ecards/sarcastic-rotten-ecards-13/

So like this? http://www.clickypix.com/funny-pictures-lazy-sunday/hot-nerd-guys-funny-pictures_clickypix/

Oh Colt's full back story is book 5 <eg>

I would say he has ... traditional .. definitions ;-)

That's not nerdy in any way. And you know it.

21? It's not that late. I'm no ogre, but I didn't attract anyone dateworthy until I was close to 20.

That's not nerdy in any way. And you know it.

21? It's not that late. I'm no ogre, but I didn't attract anyone dateworthy until I was close to 20.

We're not talking 'dates' but 'sex.' ;-)** I've done some browsing; and I have have to say you're right. IT's tough to find a good Colt. Not sure whether that's good or bad for a MC in a book ... 

---

** the 'gay' way - in the back alley behind the bar .. LOL

Edited by JohnAR

But is that because he's ugly? Or because, as Tim pointed out, wants to top guys who by stereotype don't really bottom for a little guy? Should we blame Rob Colton?

I'm pretty sure the 'big guys' he wants to top have NOT read Rob Colton ... bursting into laughter.

You never know. He's awfully popular. And all his readers can't be middle aged women who are projecting...

I'm pretty sure there's a substantial bunch of middle aged men projecting ... ;-) From my (limited?) experience the big guys are not the reading type ... otherwise my MetaWolf@gmx.com email address should be flooded with e-mails from 190cm hunks (sigh) ;-)

Edited by JohnAR
  • Like 1

Okay; I accept for the meanwhile it's dysmorphophobia. Still makes one wonder why those big guys always ignored him ...

See what I wrote above. If you believe you are ugly, then you won't give off any welcoming vibe. You might think that you do, but you don't. We haven't seen Colt "on his game" have we? Or did I not realise that's what he was doing..?

Not for gay men ;-)

So all gay men who get laid are good looking?

So all gay men who get laid are good looking?

or the other guy is drunk or gets paid  <evil grin>

We haven't seen Colt "on his game" have we? Or did I not realise that's what he was doing..?

First sentence: would be an interesting prompt idea

Second sentence: pls explain

Ok, so you are still not talking relationships? Because all of them aren't good looking and they can't be constantly drunk or on retainer.

That would be a worthy topic for a sociological study.

But I already agreed to yield ... Colt isn't ugly; he has wrong picture of himself; at the end Prime calls him 'handsome' ... but he's on drugs ...

or the other guy is drunk or gets paid  <evil grin>

First sentence: would be an interesting prompt idea

Second sentence: pls explain

Well if he's just sooo bad at hitting on guys, we as readers didn't realise he was actually trying to pick someone up. With the wolves, the scent thing was there from the start, so I don't know if that counts.

That would be a worthy topic for a sociological study.

But I already agreed to yield ... Colt isn't ugly; he has wrong picture of himself; at the end Prime calls him 'handsome' ... but he's on drugs ...

When you love someone, they are the most beautiful person in the world. And I still think it's love, not addiction.

Well if he's just sooo bad at hitting on guys, we as readers didn't realise he was actually trying to pick someone up. With the wolves, the scent thing was there from the start, so I don't know if that counts.

When you love someone, they are the most beautiful person in the world. And I still think it's love, not addiction.

You're surely persistent. ;-) I think I should write a prompt on the first. Normally, he only gets the attention of people he doesn't want to pick up (Spring, Hank); or he's upset with the beautiful ladies trying to get to Prime or Brian ... would be interesting to see what happens if he tries to pick a guy he really wants (non-wolf), if the guy goes for it (shock!) and how the wolves react ... mmmh. Where would that fit in? And how would it help MaryAnn? ...

Love is a chemical cocktail, hence, a drug.

Edited by JohnAR

But Colt had sex before he met the wolves, as far as I recall various hints. So he must have been able to pick up someone. Did he compromise on his preferences ?

I think he did. And he regretted it. The quality was sub optimal ... And I would suggest a bit of trial and error is needed to find out what one really likes ...

So Tim: Which hunk should Colt successfully try to pick up?

It's my profession and nature. I will at some point learn to shut up...

OK, I can agree to love being a drug, just as long as Colt doesn't keep saying they don't really love him.

I was thinking a pre-wolf prompt. Colt at his very private pity party. Guests: 1. I can't see him wanting anyone but his wolves now.

• Like 1

would be interesting to see what happens if he tries to pick a guy he really wants (non-wolf), if the guy goes for it (shock!) and how the wolves react ... mmmh.

So Tim: Which hunk should Colt successfully try to pick up?

are you kidding me??!! :o  Prime would blow a gasket, Brian would get snarkily sarcastic, and CE would have so much hurt in his puppy eyes, Colt will cringe in shame.  :pinch:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

It's my profession and nature. I will at some point learn to shut up...

OK, I can agree to love being a drug, just as long as Colt doesn't keep saying they don't really love him.

I was thinking a pre-wolf prompt. Colt at his very private pity party. Guests: 1. I can't see him wanting anyone but his wolves now.

How does he pick up some one at a private pity party? Isn't picking up implying a public forum?

are you kiddng me??!! :o  Prime would blow a gasket, Brian would get snarkily sarcastic, and CE would have so much hurt in his puppy eyes, Colt will cringe in shame.  :pinch:

And the poor being picked up guy would have to look for his balls in Ouagadougou.