No, silly. We didn't feel the need to do something extravagant. Just us and the kids. After 20 year and two kids, you are committed no matter what's on paper. We're planning more of a party in August.

Oh yay! Congratulations!

Oh yay! Congratulations!

Thank you!

it seems I'm always going to bed when you log on! We're timewise incompatible. It's like that movie, Ladyhawk. We only get a glimpse in real time before sunrise or sunset part us...

Edited by Puppilull

But, but Gary just sent me a COTT chapter :o

Ooops and Tillykke med brylluppet.

And I won't tell you what he sent me after midnight. Without my favorite of his characters doing what he's supposed to do ...  :devil:  :pissed:  :thumbdown:

JAR

You're a bad boy. It's official. Something's bad going to happen Brian.

:o  no, no, no  :o  :no:  I didn't mean it !

wait a moment...

what sort of 'bad' are we talking about here? Colt can be very bad..,  :P

particularly when Brian the Innocent Jock provokes him.

Edited by Timothy M.

Apart from feeling sad for CE and wanting to hit Stan and Will in the head with something heavy and blunt (No, JAR, no!), I liked the description of the vampire queens. Especially Cristina Chavez. Ha, ha!

Speaking of swamps and draining, Washington as I recall had a bit of a drainage problem early on. It is indeed humid as hell. Tsar Peter's crazy idea for location of his city seems to have been way worse than Washington's. Also, there is a good French film partly on the subject, "Ridicule".

That's the total of my knowledge regarding the history of drainage.

Edited by Puppilull
  • Like 1

:o  no, no, no  :o  :no:  I didn't mean it !

wait a moment...

what sort of 'bad' are we talking about here? Colt can be very bad..,  :P

particularly when Brian the Innocent Jock provokes him.

Nice try, Tim. But no. Not the good bad. The bad bad. Good there's a battle coming up.  :,(

Apart from feeling sad for CE and wanting to hit Stan and Will in the head with something heavy and blunt (No, JAR, no!), I liked the description of the vampire queens. Especially Cristina Chavez. Ha, ha!

Speaking of swamps and draining, Washington as I recall had a bit of a drainage problem early on. It is indeed humid as hell. Tsar Peter's crazy idea for location of his city seems to have been way worse than Washington's. Also, there is a good French film partly on the subject, "Ridicule".

That's the total of my knowledge regarding the history of drainage.

Well, CE was hoping for a fight; but he is too duty-bound to act on his feelings ... I don't know how he does it. I remember having a tight throat when I wrote it; esp. the scene of little CE lying on the carpet imagining his future ...

The queens. Oh I had fun playing with all the stereotypes on my hand. Though my favorite is Vroni. I hope the Germans won't read my book.

JAR

Edited by JohnAR

Vroni struck me as the fashionista from hell, but I don't think she'll upset the Germans in particular. Maybe rather MaryKate and Ashley...

Will there be an Isaac prompt?

Edited by Puppilull

Vroni struck me as the fashionista from hell, but I don't think she'll upset the Germans in particular. Maybe rather MaryKate and Ashley...

Will there be an Isaac prompt?

It's online. I hope it helps ...

It's online. I hope it helps ...

Do you feel I need help? No, wait! Don't answer that!

Guys! There might be MetaEditor job coming up. Any takers?

JAR <mean>

Why don't you pit Tim and me against each other? Fight to the death... Edited by Puppilull
  • Like 1

Do you feel I need help? No, wait! Don't answer that!

Why don't you pit Tim and me against each other? Fight to the death...

a ) was more directed to me

b ) I love you guys ... but I'd like to pit other candidates against each other. Oops that's another story. Back to my dark, dirty corner.

JAR

Edited by JohnAR
  • Like 1

Aha! I like the beginning so far, even if I think Isaac using the word faggot is a bit much. But that might be explained further in the chapter.

One novel idea would be to have one editor who is native English speaking. I never know if I'm actually right or just making stuff up. Doesn't stop me from being opinionated.

That's not my point. I know it's common practice. I just expected more from an intelligent person like Isaac. Especially given the pack he's in and what they have had to sacrifice to just be themselves. If the point is to prepare Gavin, this could be done without acting like an imbecile. There is one thing to know reality, it's another to conform to it. There must be an awful lot of much more imaginative insults to use. If it's absolutely necessary, this could be conveyed by one line showing Isaac actually making a conscious choice to use those words.

If Colt and Isaac like to play rough and have it as part of their "thing" it's somewhat different. I personally don't get off on abusive language, but people do and that's fine.

• Like 1

That's not my point. I know it's common practice. I just expected more from an intelligent person like Isaac. Especially given the pack he's in and what they have had to sacrifice to just be themselves. If the point is to prepare Gavin, this could be done without acting like an imbecile. There is one thing to know reality, it's another to conform to it. There must be an awful lot of much more imaginative insults to use. If it's absolutely necessary, this could be conveyed by one line showing Isaac actually making a conscious choice to use those words.

If Colt and Isaac like to play rough and have it as part of their "thing" it's somewhat different. I personally don't get off on abusive language, but people do and that's fine.

Stating educated self-awareness to distance oneself from the mindlessly imitating the environment to fit it. Good idea. I'll consider that for later today. I guess  I don't react to the word as strongly as you. But I appreciate you sharing it with me.

JAR

It's just too stupid to use insults based on things people can't change.

I guess I haven't had the exact same experience, but I have been a young woman in a very male world (business law) and I have had to prove myself in ways my male colleagues haven't. If I on top of that had had to hear people say that women lawyers are inferior as some casual insult, I would be very angry.

Mindless order following should be possible to accomplish in other ways.