We always suffer, but in different ways. When you don't write: withdrawal. When you do write: clue induced headache... ;)

I just read your last prompt review, and the title Juno threw me, but you mentioned Hera, so you're not far off in whatever you were thinking. Both were queens of the Gods, and protectors of women, so different sides of the same coin? Maybe you can help clue me in? Lol... 

So I'm screwed if I do, and screwed if I don't do? ...

...basically. 

• Like 1

Ok, and I was thinking babies and birthing. A brave new world, born through prolonged pain due to the wrath of the gods... Interesting how perspective influences our interpretations of the world.

We don't really go into that detail when studying WW2 at school.

Ok, hold on to your hats. Straight, married feminist going to rant here... ;)

First, I have to say that the irony of Colt's comment on kept men is almost too huge to handle. I know of no women who have that tight a leash on their man as he has. And don't say "It's the Meta thing" because all relationships have their own rules. Maybe it's a cultural thing, but I really don't see a difference in expectations regarding behaviour and commitment in men and women around me. So Colt, reality check!

Secondly and more important, I really find the double standard in wolf society offensive. Apparently, boys can explore. Girls cannot. Sadly, I doubt Colt will find time or interest to deal with this.

By the way, wouldn't nature want the young to have sex in order to produce more wolves? I don't see how linking the ability to shift to losing one's virginity would increase mating and pup production. Or is the desire to be able to shift really strong? Even stronger than the regular sex drive?

Edited by Puppilull
  • Like 3

By the way, wouldn't nature want the young to have sex in order to produce more wolves? I don't see how linking the ability to shift to losing one's virginity would increase mating and pup production. Or is the desire to be able to shift really strong? Even stronger than the regular sex drive?

That was my thought too, given the concept of procreation in the human/animal kingdom. As it relates to our wolves, if the desire to shift really is stronger than their sex drive, the girls still get a raw deal.

I forgot to add this thought in my review, but do we think it's possible for an outer circle wolf to become a CE, in the event of an unspeakable loss? I'm curious as to whom CE named.. 

Finally: some more ranting!

If we look - statistically - at societies that have the highest procreation rate (up to 7 kids per woman), we find they are the most 'conservative' with the least 'equality for women.' The more societies advance in regard to equality the lower the reproduction rate. Only on the 'extreme end,' one can observe an uptick again (e.g. Sweden). So while it would makes sense 'at first glance' to get girls reproduce as quickly as possible, this is only sustainable on an aggregate basis when women see multiple child-rearing as their 'only' role in society - raising one kid 'alone' might be doable, multiples is not; not even mentioning the potentially negative societal feedback. So, statistically again, the wolf society falls into the 'conservative end' of the spectrum to increase reproduction (you might remember the pain Fauna could 'only' have two pups given her near death with Seb). They don't behave like animals in that regard as ( a ) they do build human-like societies and ( b ) raising a fully grown wolf shifters takes 15+ years, much more than in the animal kingdom (again more human-like).

JAR

I forgot to add this thought in my review, but do we think it's possible for an outer circle wolf to become a CE, in the event of an unspeakable loss? I'm curious as to whom CE named.. 

Yes, it is possible. Are you thinking of anyone in specific?

Edited by JohnAR

Finally: some more ranting!

If we look - statistically - at societies that have the highest procreation rate (up to 7 kids per woman), we find they are the most 'conservative' with the least 'equality for women.' The more societies advance in regard to equality the lower the reproduction rate. Only on the 'extreme end,' one can observe an uptick again (e.g. Sweden). So while it would makes sense 'at first glance' to get girl reproduce as quickly as possible, this is only sustainable on an aggregate basis when women see multiple child-rearing as their 'only' role in society - raising one kid 'alone' might be doable, multiples is not; not even mentioning the potentially negative societal feedback. So, statistically again, the wolf society falls into the 'conservative end' of the spectrum to increase reproduction (you might remember the pain Fauna could 'only' have two pups given her near death with Seb). They don't behave like animals in that regard as (a) they do build human-like societies and © raising a fully grown wolf shifters takes 15+ years, much more than in the animal kingdom (again more human-like).

JAR

Yes, it is possible. Are you thinking of anyone in specific?

Seb or Jackson came to mind? 

Ranting has been too scarce...

Those societies with that many kids per woman are usually also signified by women getting little or no education. I find it hard to believe this is the case in packs in the US. One other explanation is an almost sect like society, which more fits the packs' hierarchical structure. If procreation was so important, it seems very stupid to not allow the best of each pack to have pups. But tradition is stronger than reason, perhaps.

And it still doesn't explain why they have to be virgins? Are the leaders afraid more freedom will lead to less mating?

• Like 2

Seb or Jackson came to mind?

Jackson could never be a CE...he hated being an enforcer...I'm not even sure about Seb...he could maybe a gamma. I could see Gavin becoming and enforcer if (God forbid) one of the enforcers dies. :/

• Like 1

Ranting has been too scarce...

Those societies with that many kids per woman are usually also signified by women getting little or no education. I find it hard to believe this is the case in packs in the US. One other explanation is an almost sect like society, which more fits the packs' hierarchical structure. If procreation was so important, it seems very stupid to not allow the best of each pack to have pups. But tradition is stronger than reason, perhaps.

And it still doesn't explain why they have to be virgins? Are the leaders afraid more freedom will lead to less mating?

Traditional religious sects indeed ...

Please note that women in the wolf packs so far so position relegated to traditional womanhood (woman, grandmother, aunt, desperately trying to 'make a good catch,' ie. alpha, beta, ...)

Jackson could never be a CE...he hated being an enforcer...I'm not even sure about Seb...he could maybe a gamma. I could see Gavin becoming and enforcer if (God forbid) one of the enforcers dies. :/

LitLover knows me well it seems ... though Gavin is much too young ... we will find out eventually ;-) (although I think LitLover will kill me if I kill CE).

Seb has a pup and a wife. Wouldn't that disqualify him? Jackson is in that awful prompt, where everyone has died, so maybe him...

'Awful' prompt?  :o

I find it was one of the better ones (still cringing about 'Toddlers').

:yes:

Obviously Tim will kill me if I kill Brian, Puppilull if I kill Isaac and Defiance if I kill Warren.

Surprisingly nobody's vouching for Al.

Not surprisingly nobody's vouching for Colt ('the bullying prima donna') <g>.

Obviously Tim will kill me if I kill Brian, Puppilull if I kill Isaac and Defiance if I kill Warren.

Surprisingly nobody's vouching for Al.

Not surprisingly nobody's vouching for Colt ('the bullying prima donna') <g>.

I don't want Colt to die, but I don't need to vouch for him. This is his story, so he's not going to die (or it won't be until the bitter end) or the story would be called "alpha" or something.

I don't want Colt to die, but I don't need to vouch for him. This is his story, so he's not going to die (or it won't be until the bitter end) or the story would be called "alpha" or something.

:gikkle:  :X