Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

• Site Moderator

You were 7 years old when the Snoop Sisters went off the air!  You must be a rerun addict!

I don't remember how old I was when watched it but I remember watching her as Miss Marple too - helps having a Scottish mother who was a devotee of Masterpiece Theatre and the like.

I don't know which sister she was, but I have to be Helen Hayes!

You were 7 years old when the Snoop Sisters went off the air!  You must be a rerun addict!

I've never seen Snoop Sisters.. Google/YouTube here I come.. I know Natwick from movies. 

• Like 1

You are starting to sound like me!  Copies on my laptop, a thumb drive, a disc, and in the cloud of everything I have ever written, beta'd or edited!

LOL Even I don't know who the hell Owen is yet!

I back up to Google drive every night. The Summer, Autumn or Winter folders, depending on what I worked on that day. Often it's the entire CJ folder, or even the entire My Stories folder.. I also back up to an external hard drive on a weekly basis.

Go read the last chapter I sent you and you'll meet Owen :D

• Site Moderator

I back up to Google drive every night. The Summer, Autumn or Winter folders, depending on what I worked on that day. Often it's the entire CJ folder, or even the entire My Stories folder.. I also back up to an external hard drive on a weekly basis.

Go read the last chapter I sent you and you'll meet Owen :D

:o  :angry: Fine, let Kitt know and leave us hanging. You are such a tease Carlos. :lol:  

PS: I can wait, no sitting counting the days for me.  -_-

:o  :angry: Fine, let Kitt know and leave us hanging. You are such a tease Carlos. :lol:  

PS: I can wait, no sitting counting the days for me.  -_-

At least for now, Bucket's the first one to see each chapter. As my official Oztrayan consultant, he gets to tell me if the dialogue is proper.

• Site Moderator

At least for now, Bucket's the first one to see each chapter. As my official Oztrayan consultant, he gets to tell me if the dialogue is proper.

Oztrayan eh? I think you are already in trouble. :gikkle:

Just had a memory of a visit (years ago) from a couple of Australian cousins. I don't recall hearing them say anything that was particularly Aussie speak... :unsure:  Maybe it is a regional thing...

Edited by Reader1810

Oztrayan eh? I think you are already in trouble. :gikkle:

Just had a memory of a visit (years ago) from a couple of Australian cousins. I don't recall hearing them say anything that was particularly Aussie speak... :unsure:  Maybe it is a regional thing...

I've traveled all over New South Wales and my accent always gives me away as an American. Although people always guessed I was from California. Go figure since I sound like a New Yorker more often than not. Aussies have their own slang and definitely have that British-inspired accent.

A friend of mine in Melbourne complains these days kids sound more American than anything (he has an, I think, 17 year old boy.) American TV has changed the way the generation reaching adulthood acts and speaks.

Did y'all know the Sydney Opera House celebrated it's 40th anniversary in 2013?

"Designed by Danish architect Jørn Utzon the building was formally opened on 20 October 1973, by Queen Elizabeth II" (From Wikipedia)

There was a New Year fireworks display on 31 December 2013 to mark the anniversary.

• Site Moderator

Did y'all know the Sydney Opera House celebrated it's 40th anniversary in 2013?

"Designed by Danish architect Jørn Utzon the building was formally opened on 20 October 1973, by Queen Elizabeth II" (From Wikipedia)

There was a New Year fireworks display on 31 December 2013 to mark the anniversary.

No. I did not. I wonder if this little tidbit will be mentioned in Winter? :)

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2

No. I did not. I wonder if this little tidbit will be mentioned in Winter? :)

Just a little fact I came across while researching New Year's Eve in Sydney. Those Aussies sure make a big deal out of it, I think I may have added experiencing it to my bucket list.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

A month from today, on December 23, 2015 Cesar Marcos Abello, Jr. will turn 18!

Not sure what the plans are for the celebration, I haven't received my invite yet!

:D

Oh darn!! I have plans already  :(

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Not sure what you buy a millionaire teenager who's not very materialistic, but you can send the present to me for safekeeping. :P

Safekeeping, eh? Sure, absolutely, excellent plan...I think not    :ph34r:    :wizard:  :ph34r: ...my best approximation of a gift...

Think that bunch of gay dudes would mind a straight old lady crashing the party?

You mind company? Would love to see CJ in action !

A little background information on those famous steps next to the Abello-Davenport home in Georgetown

http://georgetownmetropolitan.com/2015/10/30/in-celebration-of-the-exorcist-steps/

That's interesting. As many times as I've been to Washington, I've never been inclined to go search it out. Maybe I'll correct that. 

• Like 1

You mind company? Would love to see CJ in action !

Funny thing is after postinf CJ's b'day reminder and reading the commments from you guys, I started thinking about what would be happening next month and got a headache. It was tough trying to figure out what would be taking place, but even tougher thinking of all the damn characters and who'd be around then. Never mind trying to think of the relationships of those characters. I ended up just having a couple of cocktails to try and stop the wheels turning LOL

Just want to say thanks to all of you who've read, liked, reviewed and/or discussed CJ's tale over the past year. I've had the time of my life sharing the boy's story with you.

Later on this afternoon I'll be in Miami, at my brother's place with about 20 other relatives, I'll probably end up sitting by the lake drinking! But I have no idea where CJ, or any of the other guys, are today. I'm sure he'll share the details with me at some point, and I'll be happy to tell you all about it in then. But for now, on his behalf and mine, Happy Thanksgiving!