Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

I'm not anxious...I'm excited!! :D :D

I think I get more nervous about CJ's story than anything else I post. My hope is for a well written, interesting story whuich will keep readers interested.

There are some who've stopped reading; I can tell because they no longer write comments of hit the like button which they used to do religiously. Unfortunately, I have no idea why they gave up on CJ. Then, there are a few who've discovered the story recently, and have devoured Summer and Autumn in a short time. Alll I can do is keep trying to improve and hope if I write it, they'll come and read it! (yeah, I kinda stole that line LOL)

• Site Moderator

I think I get more nervous about CJ's story than anything else I post. My hope is for a well written, interesting story whuich will keep readers interested.

There are some who've stopped reading; I can tell because they no longer write comments of hit the like button which they used to do religiously. Unfortunately, I have no idea why they gave up on CJ. Then, there are a few who've discovered the story recently, and have devoured Summer and Autumn in a short time. Alll I can do is keep trying to improve and hope if I write it, they'll come and read it! (yeah, I kinda stole that line LOL)

Sometimes it can be nothing more but lack of time. There are some I have stopped reading for that reason alone. Sometimes I go back to them and sometimes I don't...though I do have them saved in folders in Chrome. Due to the proliferation of good stories in GA, I get distracted by new ones I just have to read so my Next and Pending folders sit unopened...

I mean heck, I found out about Summer when you plugged it in a prompt...clever marketing tool btw. My goal at the time was to see if it was a real story. It was... I read a bit...you had me hooked before I knew what happened. Not that I am complaining, mind you.

:o As tim likes to say... *add in head slap* Oh geez!  you meant winter the story and not winter the season. Adi even mentioned Summer!  Sometimes, I think the blond hair I had as a toddler is with me in spirit. :blushing:

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2

Sometimes it can be nothing more but lack of time. There are some I have stopped reading for that reason alone. Sometimes I go back to them and sometimes I don't...though I do have them saved in folders in Chrome. Due to the proliferation of good stories in GA, I get distracted by new ones I just have to read so my Next and Pending folders sit unopened...

I mean heck, I found out about Summer when you plugged it in a prompt...clever marketing tool btw. My goal at the time was to see if it was a real story. It was... I read a bit...you had me hooked before I knew what happened. Not that I am complaining, mind you.

:o As tim likes to say... *add in head slap* Oh geez!  you meant winter the story and not winter the season. Adi even mentioned Summer!  Sometimes, I think the blond hair I had as a toddler is with me in spirit. :blushing:

Mann kids me about those types of plugs when I've done them, but he never complained when CJ was reading The Luxorian Fugitive while sitting in the hospital when Tom was shot!

As for my status update, I said it twice since I was trying to be clever what with the solstice next week and the story the week after that. So you focused on one and Adi on the other one. It's all good! :D

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Mann kids me about those types of plugs when I've done them, but he never complained when CJ was reading The Luxorian Fugitive while sitting in the hospital when Tom was shot!

As for my status update, I said it twice since I was trying to be clever what with the solstice next week and the story the week after that. So you focused on one and Adi on the other one. It's all good! :D

The difference between winter and winter. One I am looking forward to and one I am not...

Reader is right Carlos. Sometimes it is simply a matter of time. Right now I am so far behind on "Love on the Rocks" I would be mortified if the author ever replied to the email I sent once upon a time. It is not that I became dissatisfied with the story in any way, but just that there are not enough hours in a day, even more so now with the holiday approaching fast.  I feel very much like the lady in Elves!

• Like 1

Reader is right Carlos. Sometimes it is simply a matter of time. Right now I am so far behind on "Love on the Rocks" I would be mortified if the author ever replied to the email I sent once upon a time. It is not that I became dissatisfied with the story in any way, but just that there are not enough hours in a day, even more so now with the holiday approaching fast.  I feel very much like the lady in Elves!

Marc missed replying to a message. Oh, boy! I'm giving him shit about it LOL

Kitt, you know me. I want to hear it all. I'm not so sensitive criticism will send me into a tailspin, hell I welcome it. It can only make me a better writer, if people tell me what they don't like. But I'm nit-picking. I did just get an e-mail from a guy who discoverd Summer on a Monday and had read everything by Wednesday when he wrote me. Tells me there was something good in the story. And of course, I told you about the 16yo boy who wrote to tell me how much he enjoyed and learned, from reading about all different types of relationships between men. If I can reach someone like him once in a while, all the effort is worth it. Including yours!

• Like 2

"Love on the Rocks" is/was a favorite, unfortunately it has come to an end.

"Love on the Rocks" is/was a favorite, unfortunately it has come to an end.

You know what? It ws time for it to end. The chapters during the tour were becoming repetitive. I think Marc kept it going for a while so he could reach 60 chapters and make the entire thing 100 chapters long. I do know towards the end he was running around trying to get some inventory of chapters built up and he complained his editor was missing too many things. I still can't believe the fucker named a character after me and gave me a shout out in his final remarks! CJ owes a bit of his personality to McNally's son. Anyway, Tyson will pop up around town when you expect it least! LOL

On a separate note, it's the last day of classes today at WALLS (that's in 2015 if you're reading this 1810... :D) The kids have a little over two weeks off for their Christmas break. I can't wait to write about the upcoming events!

• Like 1

You know what? It ws time for it to end. The chapters during the tour were becoming repetitive. I think Marc kept it going for a while so he could reach 60 chapters and make the entire thing 100 chapters long. I do know towards the end he was running around trying to get some inventory of chapters built up and he complained his editor was missing too many things. I still can't believe the fucker named a character after me and gave me a shout out in his final remarks! CJ owes a bit of his personality to McNally's son. Anyway, Tyson will pop up around town when you expect it least! LOL

On a separate note, it's the last day of classes today at WALLS (that's in 2015 if you're reading this 1810... :D) The kids have a little over two weeks off for their Christmas break. I can't wait to write about the upcoming events!

I saw his mention of you. I knew were a fan and had corresponded with him. The two of you have similarities in writing style yet are distinctive. Though I agree the tour was a bit repetitive I'll miss the ongoing saga. Now if Winter could come a bit early ...

• Like 1

I saw his mention of you. I knew were a fan and had corresponded with him. The two of you have similarities in writing style yet are distinctive. Though I agree the tour was a bit repetitive I'll miss the ongoing saga. Now if Winter could come a bit early ...

He and I have become friendly. He let me mention Tyson back in Summer which was pretty cool. His son is the same age as CJ, so Marc has shared stuff which has made its way into my story.

It's 85 in South Florida and 45 in Washington right now. I wish winter would get here also, I wanna wear my leather jacket when I ride. Instead I'm out on the bike wearing a t-shirt!

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

I am reading this Carlos...just what are you implying, huh?  :o    Never mind...I know what you're implying.   :rolleyes:  :P

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Good idea Dugh! Just this once, I wouldn't mind if winter came early....maybe a strong wind might help. :P

21 December 2013

Quantas flight departs from Washington Dulles International Airport in late afternooon.

21 December 2015

CJ, a senior in high school, has received his acceptance to the university he applied to for early admission. He's about to turn 18, and for this birthday... :X

(yes, I've plotted this far out in advance LOL)

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

21 December 2013

Quantas flight departs from Washington Dulles International Airport in late afternooon.

21 December 2015

CJ, a senior in high school, has received his acceptance to the university he applied to for early admission. He's about to turn 18, and for this birthday... :X

(yes, I've plotted this far out in advance LOL)

Since you've plotted it, you might as well write about it. :D 

• Like 1

Since you've plotted it, you might as well write about it. :D

As long as I'm alive and able to, I probably will. But that's two years of the characters' lives, and I don't want to just jump ahead. You may have to suffer through a few chapters, before we get there :P

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

As long as I'm alive and able to, I probably will. But that's two years of the characters' lives, and I don't want to just jump ahead. You may have to suffer through a few chapters, before we get there :P

Did I say you had to jump ahead? By all means, fill in the gaps. :P

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

21 December 2015

CJ's been running errands all morning. Here's one of the songs on the playlist he's been listening to while driving around in his (insert color here) Jeep. He keeps hitting repeat on this one...

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Brings back memories that does and to think CJ wasn't even born when that was recorded.

As for..... (insert color here)... you're going to milk that until the end aren't you?  :pissed:

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Brings back memories that does and to think CJ wasn't even born when that was recorded.

As for..... (insert color here)... you're going to milk that until the end aren't you?  :pissed:

I have NO idea what you're talking about... :rofl:

As for the music, CJ discovered that song last year. After the release of this one:

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Site Moderator

I have NO idea what you're talking about... :rofl:

As for the music, CJ discovered that song last year. After the release of this one:

Yeah right, sure you don't.  'Innocence' doesn't suit you Carlos and following it up with laughter just proves my point.  -_- :

As as for the 2014 version? Not as good as the original IMHO. I found the theatrics...you are not in concert ladies...of a couple of the performers a little off putting.  Then again, maybe it's just me. :)

:heart:  :heart: I have no likes.. Carlos feigning innocence doesn't become you. You know exactly what you do.. First the bland ornament, now this...  ;) Thing is, we fall for it every time.. 

CJ is a cool kid. Not many teens would roll with the original version of that song!

Yeah right, sure you don't.  'Innocence' doesn't suit you Carlos and following it up with laughter just proves my point.  -_- :

As as for the 2014 version? Not as good as the original IMHO. I found the theatrics...you are not in concert ladies...of a couple of the performers a little off putting.  Then again, maybe it's just me. :)

Ha! Great minds Reader

• Like 1