Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

• Site Moderator

:heart:  :heart: I have no likes.. Carlos feigning innocence doesn't become you. You know exactly what you do.. First the bland ornament, now this...  ;) Thing is, we fall for it every time.. 

CJ is a cool kid. Not many teens would roll with the original version of that song!

Ha! Great minds Reader

Out of likes...:heart: :heart:

That's it in a nutshell Def.

Carlos knows we'll fall like a house of cards every time and always come back for more. :gikkle:

Edited by Reader1810

Actually I am surprised he isn't teasing more with the gift CJ bought for hid dad's. One little post under the pic of the package and that was it. I am also surprised no one has been cyber shaking it and speculating!

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Actually I am surprised he isn't teasing more with the gift CJ bought for hid dad's. One little post under the pic of the package and that was it. I am also surprised no one has been cyber shaking it and speculating!

Trying to be good for Santa...

I shook! Doesn't give away much at all!  -_-

• Like 2

Mann kids me about those types of plugs when I've done them, but he never complained when CJ was reading The Luxorian Fugitive while sitting in the hospital when Tom was shot!

As for my status update, I said it twice since I was trying to be clever what with the solstice next week and the story the week after that. So you focused on one and Adi on the other one. It's all good! :D

I actually thought of both, but I kinda felt bad because I'm one of those who stopped reading 'Summer' which is why I focused on that. I meant to start reading again but it was reading or writing for me and I decided on the latter. Now that I finished H&I, I might have finally some time before Caesura starts.

• Like 1

I'm trying to juggle Christmas 2013 and Christmas 2015 LOL!

I figured next week we could go back to 2013 since that Holiday will be covered in Winter.

I actually thought of both, but I kinda felt bad because I'm one of those who stopped reading 'Summer' which is why I focused on that. I meant to start reading again but it was reading or writing for me and I decided on the latter. Now that I finished H&I, I might have finally some time before Caesura starts.

I look forward to hearing what you think. For the record, Autumn is much better written!

I usually hesitate to read uncompleted stories, been left hanging once too often, but I'm pretty sure that won't happen here. Got forty-one chapters posted already and number 42 shows up on 1 January. And for the record, Winter is almost entirely written, and with Mann freeing up after this week, the editing should pick up speed then.

• Like 1

I decided it was easier to answer all the questions here:

1. Not sure what CJ's doing tonight, guess I'm not the big a part of the inner circle, I'm going to a nice retaurant in Miami for dinner with my family. One bother's down from NJ w/wife and sons, other brother's 55 today, and it's also my parents 59th wedding anniversary.

2. CJ: College and CJ:Fatherhood sound interesting. But if the boy gets a Ferrari today, he may just become a playboy, and spend his time smoking weed and driving fast.

3. Aside from the drama highlights, I try to give a sense of real life to the story. It's one reason why I mention real places, real restaurants, and describe some meals. I want the readers to catch a small glimpse of what the character lives are like. It took 40 chapters to cover six months. I'd hate to become the next Arbour with a few million words published! LOL

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

1. Not sure what CJ's doing tonight, guess I'm not the big a part of the inner circle, I'm going to a nice retaurant in Miami for dinner with my family. One bother's down from NJ w/wife and sons, other brother's 55 today, and it's also my parents 59th wedding anniversary.

2. CJ: College and CJ:Fatherhood sound interesting. But if the boy gets a Ferrari today, he may just become a playboy, and spend his time smoking weed and driving fast.

3. Aside from the drama highlights, I try to give a sense of real life to the story. It's one reason why I mention real places, real restaurants, and describe some meals. I want the readers to catch a small glimpse of what the character lives are like. It took 40 chapters to cover six months. I'd hate to become the next Arbour with a few million words published! LOL

1. That is a lot of things to celebrate in one night. Enjoy yourself young man!

2. College and Fatherhood..like the sound of that...I can just picture Cesar and Brett as doting grandpas. As for the Ferrari? I'm just not feeling that.

3. The realism of this story is one of the reasons I like it so much. I know you won't Carlos, but don't ever leave that behind.

PS: Please keep doing what you're doing because it's working!! :hug:

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2

1. CJ has turned 18, so he's legal unless his BF is under age. What do you THINK he is doing? No matter how mature he is, at 18 he is a walking hormone!

2. Ferrari and weed, you are in the wrong story thread dude! That's Will.

3 Who are you kidding? If people follow you the way they follow Mark you will be in heaven!

• Like 2

1. CJ has turned 18, so he's legal unless his BF is under age. What do you THINK he is doing? No matter how mature he is, at 18 he is a walking hormone!

2. Ferrari and weed, you are in the wrong story thread dude! That's Will.

3 Who are you kidding? If people follow you the way they follow Mark you will be in heaven!

LMAO!

1. Age of consent in Washington DC is 16. CJ has probably put so many notches on his bedpost by now it looks like a toothpick!

2. I've not read the last two books in Mark's saga/soap. You make it sound as if I should! (I do know a kid from college who got a Lamborghini and a bag of cocaine for his birthday. From his dad! :D

3. Not sure I could handle the pressure! And I'm having enough trouble keeping track of things already! I'd have to start killing off characters...

• Site Moderator

LMAO!

1. Age of consent in Washington DC is 16. CJ has probably put so many notches on his bedpost by now it looks like a toothpick!

2. I've not read the last two books in Mark's saga/soap. You make it sound as if I should! (I do know a kid from college who got a Lamborghini and a bag of cocaine for his birthday. From his dad! :D

3. Not sure I could handle the pressure! And I'm having enough trouble keeping track of things already! I'd have to start killing off characters...

3. Nooooooooooo!!!!! Grrr....No killing off characters, this is your only warning mister! -_-  :lol:

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

LMAO!

I suggest you find away to up your event/character tracking game stat! Killing off characters is not an option that would come without consequences.. See Reader's veiled warning above! 

• Like 2

Y'all forget I already killed off Adriano's wife a while back. I like to start small and work myself up to the bigger characters.

However, what has me confused at this moment is all those people who thought I'd written a Christmas story or surprised at some of the reviews I left on a few of the posted ones. Seems I have some sort of reputation and I need to get to the bottom of this. What the hell kind of rep do I have when all I try to do is make sure I keep people confused about what's beneath each layer I take off? LMAO

I have notes and spreadsheets but there've been a couple of times recently when I've had to go back ans speed reead a couple of chapters to ensure I was being consistent. I may end up needing a cadre of continuity consultants at this rate :P

Y'all forget I already killed off Adriano's wife a while back. I like to start small and work myself up to the bigger characters.

However, what has me confused at this moment is all those people who thought I'd written a Christmas story or surprised at some of the reviews I left on a few of the posted ones. Seems I have some sort of reputation and I need to get to the bottom of this. What the hell kind of rep do I have when all I try to do is make sure I keep people confused about what's beneath each layer I take off? LMAO

I have notes and spreadsheets but there've been a couple of times recently when I've had to go back ans speed reead a couple of chapters to ensure I was being consistent. I may end up needing a cadre of continuity consultants at this rate :P

I saw that.. Too funny.. Isn't it nice though to completely surprise people's opinions.. ( btw, I totally know there's a big, mushy, romantically sweet, teddy bear underneath those tats) 

Continuity Consultants, hehe! 

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

zY'all forget I already killed off Adriano's wife a while back. I like to start small and work myself up to the bigger characters.

I thought of that, but in truth, she was a bit player, so I gave you a pass on that one...even though it was very sad and had a huge impact on all of the main players.  There are characters who fall in the "untouchable" category and I know you know who they are... :yes:

You've done quite well with your continuity so far. I don't recall having had a "hey, wait a minute" moment while reading one of your stories.

:thumbup:

• Site Moderator

I thought of that, but in truth, she was a bit player, so I gave you a pass on that one...even though it was very sad and had a huge impact on all of the main players.  There are characters who fall in the "untouchable" category and I know you know who they are... :yes:

You've done quite well with your continuity so far. I don't recall having had a "hey, wait a minute" moment while reading one of your stories.

:thumbup:

I saw that.. Too funny.. Isn't it nice though to completely surprise people's opinions.. ( btw, I totally know there's a big, mushy, romantically sweet, teddy bear underneath those tats) 

Continuity Consultants, hehe! 

I can't remember which story recently made Carlos cry...his words, not mine...but another reviewer just about crowed at his expense for that. Too funny that was. hehe! 

Just want to say I'm super excited to see the next book up, and can't wait to see what CJ and his family get up to next!

As usual before a new story posts, I'm kinda nervous. It's true authors should write to please themselves first, but it's hard when your characters have a loyal following. As much as I do it for me, it's also for all of you. Y'all make me want to put forth an interesting, well-written tale. I hope you stick around for the ride and you let me know how I'm doing now and then.