Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

Shouldn't that be LCD? or did Dickhead get a promotion? Thought he was a Lt. Col.?

LCD would be correct. With Brett's boss being a Colonel. When I go back to clean up Summer, I'll have to make sure I was consistent. There were some flip-flops in names I've caught and fixed already; I'm certain there are more!

• Site Moderator

Shouldn't that be LCD? or did Dickhead get a promotion? Thought he was a Lt. Col.?

I believe you are correct Kitt. My mistake for givong the guy a promotion (what was I thinking  :facepalm:). I know, I wasn't thinking as in I didn't want that guy to take up any of my thoughts, so I didn't go back and fact check...

• Site Moderator

LCD would be correct. With Brett's boss being a Colonel. When I go back to clean up Summer, I'll have to make sure I was consistent. There were some flip-flops in names I've caught and fixed already; I'm certain there are more!

Nope, this time I take the blame for calling him a Colonel in my post...you're off the hook for this one Carlos. :blushing:

I think clueless is a perfect way of describing Lourdes. Although what she allowed to happen ends up being the best for CJ, she's failed to realize she lost her son when she didn't stand up for him against CD.

I think Lourdes was lucky the CJ knew his limits and terminated the conversation. Why would you want to kiss some woman who threw you out instead of caring for you? She gave up the right to be his mother when she threw him out of the house. The kid was 15.

• Like 1

I think Lourdes was lucky the CJ knew his limits and terminated the conversation. Why would you want to kiss some woman who threw you out instead of caring for you? She gave up the right to be his mother when she threw him out of the house. The kid was 15.

I'm not done with Lourdes and LCD. We'll hear from them again.

In the meantime, I'm happy to report last night CJ completed his college application. A week ahead of schedule for the November 1 Early Admission deadline. If he gets accepted, he won't need to worry about applying anywhere else and will start his freshman year in August 2016 at :X

• Like 1

In the meantime, I'm happy to report last night CJ completed his college application. A week ahead of schedule for the November 1 Early Admission deadline. If he gets accepted, he won't need to worry about applying anywhere else and will start his freshman year in August 2016 at :X

CJ is definitely his anally retentive father's son - a week early  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

CJ is definitely his anally retentive father's son - a week early  :rolleyes:

He had no choice! Halloween's coming up and there's a lot needs to get done before October 31! :P

Talk about back to the future: posting 2013, writing 2014, and tracking 2015. I hope I can keep them separate enough in my mind, not to give too much away!

• Site Moderator

I should have known better, but for some reason, I thought you were going to spill the beans regarding CJ's future alma mater...oh well.

• Like 2

I should have known better, but for some reason, I thought you were going to spill the beans regarding CJ's future alma mater...oh well.

Believe it or not, I haven't decided yet. I was set on him going to one from the beginning and then... Most of what I envisioned will still take place, some of it may change locations, but as the story has developed it opened up opportunities for some interesting twists. I've not written anything yet which would necessarily lock me into one school, but I may have dropped a hint or two. Of course, the bloody kid could still surprise us all and become a basket weaver! LOL

• Site Moderator

One thing I forgot to mention in my review was a memory it brought up from my childhood.

The cigar scenes reminded me of my uncle who passed away a year ago almost to the day of this chapter - talk about coincidence...

Anyway, when I was young, he was pipe smoker. I can still vividly recall how much I loved the smell of his pipe whenever he smoked.

He had a bit of the Pied Piper in him when it came to kids, so that too may have played a hand in my wanting to be around him.

Thanks for the memory Carlos. :)

• Like 1

One thing I forgot to mention in my review was a memory it brought up from my childhood.

The cigar scenes reminded me of my uncle who passed away a year ago almost to the day of this chapter - talk about coincidence...

Anyway, when I was young, he was pipe smoker. I can still vividly recall how much I loved the smell of his pipe whenever he smoked.

He had a bit of the Pied Piper in him when it came to kids, so that too may have played a hand in my wanting to be around him.

Thanks for the memory Carlos. :)

I may have mentioned before one of my earliest memories is sitting on my grandfather's knee, surrounded by a cloud of cigar smoke. PC or not, cigars will be part of the story :D

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

Sinatra at MSG in 1974. A good way to start the morning.

It was indeed. Thank you for posting the clip drp. :)

I remember watching the concert on TV. Howard Cosell's introduction of THE MAIN EVENT was so over the top, to this day I remember portions of it.

I actually found that clip on Youtube. Yay!  Could hear HC, the picture wouldn't show... :(

Do you think the music playing was a hint to, you know, cease and desist HC? :gikkle:

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Site Moderator

It was indeed. Thank you for posting the clip drp. :)

I actually found that clip on Youtube. Yay!  Could hear HC, the picture wouldn't show... :(

Do you think the music playing was a hint to, you know, cease and desist HC? :gikkle:

Carlos posted the clip. I just remembered where it was from. His Howard Cosell memory triggered the man's distinctive voice and speech pattern like I was hearing it now.

• Like 1

:blushing: drp corrected me, so thank you Carlos for posting the clip :thumbup:

Never an issue with getting credit. My ego's strong enough :gikkle:

The song, and a couple of others, have been wrecking havoc with my thoughts over the past few days. The other two I don't want to mention 'cause they're part of the Winter story line. Chance Pena is influencing my writing!

This one just seemed appropriate to post at this point in time.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Hey Carlos what about one of these colours for CJ's jeep, hmm? :)

The last one would really be Cesar projecting (subliminally of course :gikkle:) since the colour choice was his and Brett's, but I'm not sure if they would do that to CJ...

Then again, did CJ ever mention having a favourite colour? I can't remember if he did or not.

Miami Heat colours - red, yellow, black, white 

University of Miami colours - orange, green, white

University of Florida colours - orange and blue

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1

Hey Carlos what about one of these colours for CJ's jeep, hmm? :)

The last one would really be Cesar projecting (subliminally of course :gikkle:) since the colour choice was his and Brett's, but I'm not sure if they would do that to CJ...

Then again, did CJ ever mention having a favourite colour? I can't remember if he did or not.

Miami Heat colours - red, yellow, black, white 

University of Miami colours - orange, green, white

University of Florida colours - orange and blue

You forgot University of California @ Berkely - dark blue and gold. I'm telling Brett!

A client of mine had a Suzuki dealership when they first began selling automobiles in the US. I bought one of the initial Samurais and drove that sucker to death. It was the go-to vehicle during University of Miami football games--the open back held the booze and the food--and at one point I considered repainting it green with orange and white stripes or bands.

You'll find out the color, and a few other details, in chapter one of Winter. I may have fibbed when I said I had no idea. :P

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 1
  • Site Moderator

A client of mine had a Suzuki dealership when they first began selling automobiles in the US. I bought one of the initial Samurais and drove that sucker to death. It was the go-to vehicle during University of Miami football games--the open back held the booze and the food--and at one point I considered repainting it green with orange and white stripes or bands.

You'll find out the color, and a few other details, in chapter one of Winter. I may have fibbed when I said I had no idea. :P

Hey they were just suggestions after all...

:o You, fib??? Your admission of duplicity is shocking  - NOT! :P.

I know you like to surprise your faithful flock, so I will wait patiently for the answer to my musings.  :yes:

• Like 1

Ok dumb question, and I apologize if this has been asked, I've been neglecting the forums the last week, anyway, now that you're finished with Autumn, will you not be posting the rest of the year? Posting winter in 2016?

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Ok dumb question, and I apologize if this has been asked, I've been neglecting the forums the last week, anyway, now that you're finished with Autumn, will you not be posting the rest of the year? Posting winter in 2016?

Hey spikey, I ask dumb questions all the time, so join the club. I mean if you don't ask, how are you going to know the answer?

Anyhow, this question came up in a PM I had sent to Carlos. He told us a while back, but I had forgotten.

The much anticipated Winter is set to debut on January 1, 2016. So, there will be a wee break between the books - just as was done between Summer and Autumn. I know what I will be doing early New Year's Day... :)

• Like 1