Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

I think I'm finally away but this will the the laziest day of the year so far LOL After a couple of short naps I'm now watching Florida vs Michigan in the Citrus Bowl. Cesar's rooting for Florida, I'm rooting for Michigan (yep, sucking up to Mann!) Not sure were CJ is. He's probably just rooting :D

I don't think so either, which is why I am lobbying to manage his career. I just need him close by. I have an idea too as to who Doc may end up with, so Reader we will have to compare notes later.. 

I'm saving my dollars so I can afford to hire him for a weekend!

• Site Moderator

LMAO!

Funny how I jusd had a discussion with Bucket about relationships amongst the men. We didn't discuss Doc however. Hang on to your idea, it may take a long time but at some point you'll have to tell me if you were right.

My idea isn't going anywhere, so we'll see. If I'm right, there should be signs pointing in that direction at some point. I will admit it is a bit of a long shot and something else I shall not name, so I am content to play the wait and see game. 

I think I'm finally away but this will the the laziest day of the year so far LOL After a couple of short naps I'm now watching Florida vs Michigan in the Citrus Bowl. Cesar's rooting for Florida, I'm rooting for Michigan (yep, sucking up to Mann!) Not sure were CJ is. He's probably just rooting :D

I'm saving my dollars so I can afford to hire him for a weekend!

lol... I think he just might give you a break..  I'm watching Michigan too.. Lazy, lazy day today.. 

• Site Moderator

lol... I think he just might give you a break..  I'm watching Michigan too.. Lazy, lazy day today.. 

I'm still watching the snow fall...

Edited by Reader1810
  • Site Moderator

I've Read and Liked chapter two and am working on the review.

Just had to say Carlos, one of the things that I really enjoyed about this chapter was the descriptive (but not overly so) nature of the narrative. Having never been to Australia, they helped my mind's eye see it for myself. :thumbup:

• Like 1

I hope to take CJ (and his traveling companions) to many of the places I've visited. The 40 year age difference will place some limits on where he goes and what he does, but hopefully I can capture some of the wonder I experienced when I first visited New York (when I was 9), or Chicago (even though he didn't get to watch a game at Wrigley)and now Australia. Many of the locations are real as will be many others. I'll keep trying to find the proper balance so it's interesting and doesn't drag the story down.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

I hope to take CJ (and his traveling companions) to many of the places I've visited. The 40 year age difference will place some limits on where he goes and what he does, but hopefully I can capture some of the wonder I experienced when I first visited New York (when I was 9), or Chicago (even though he didn't get to watch a game at Wrigley)and now Australia. Many of the locations are real as will be many others. I'll keep trying to find the proper balance so it's interesting and doesn't drag the story down.

It's my opinion that you've been able to find a nice balance between too much and not enough...baby bear's porridge just sprang to mind lol....so keep doing what you're doing Carlos. 

• Like 1

It's my opinion that you've been able to find a nice balance between too much and not enough...baby bear's porridge just sprang to mind lol....so keep doing what you're doing Carlos. 

Thanks, 1810.

I replied to all the reviews this morning and have been answering emails from readers who're not GA members just now. The last two both wanted to know when CJ's getting a boyfriend. What's with the interest on my boy's love life? Don't people realize whomoever he ends up dating will have to deal with a helicopter father named Brett? Okay, well, maybe not really a helicopter father but can we say protective? LOL

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

Thanks, 1810.

I replied to all the reviews this morning and have been answering emails from readers who're not GA members just now. The last two both wanted to know when CJ's getting a boyfriend. What's with the interest on my boy's love life? Don't people realize whomoever he ends up dating will have to deal with a helicopter father named Brett? Okay, well, maybe not really a helicopter father but can we say protective? LOL

I know it might be over the top, but I do appreciate the concern Brett shows regarding all things CJ. While he was a part of CJ's younger years, he did not have the responsibility of a parent...more like a favourite fun uncle perhaps.  The poor guy starts his role as parent to a full grown free thinking individual having no time to make mistakes that the kid would be oblivious to, so for that, I think he is doing an admirable job....

I still smile thinking of him in full Papa Bear mode as he parked his bike at the police station before he "moved with a purpose" (stole that line from Aliens) inside like he owned the place. :D

• Like 3

Thanks, 1810.

I can see why they might have an interest in that, CJ is such a sweetheart and it'd be nice to have a little romance in his life. That being said, he's only 16, and while that makes him a legal adult in many countries (like Australia ;-D) he's still very young. Teenage romance can be so fickle, and he's really starting to feel his freedom and explore his sexuality. Sex can be romantic and meaningful and all those things and enhance a relationship. But it can also just be a little safe fun between two people. It's part of discovering someone your compatible with. He's not going to know what he's looking for without trying out a few things first.

• Like 2

I can see why they might have an interest in that, CJ is such a sweetheart and it'd be nice to have a little romance in his life. That being said, he's only 16, and while that makes him a legal adult in many countries (like Australia ;-D) he's still very young. Teenage romance can be so fickle, and he's really starting to feel his freedom and explore his sexuality. Sex can be romantic and meaningful and all those things and enhance a relationship. But it can also just be a little safe fun between two people. It's part of discovering someone your compatible with. He's not going to know what he's looking for without trying out a few things first.

I can't have him falling in love with the first pretty face he sees! That love-at-first-sight stuff only happens in bad romance novels and cheap chick films! (Please ignore the fact I had Cesar and Brett fall in love like that :P)

And I can't have him graduate high school a virgin, not living in such a large city and traveling around the circles he does. (It would probably lead to hair growing on the palm of his hand and unrealistic expectations :P)

I'm with you, he has to try out different things and that's always better done while single. My problem's I still haven't decided how much I'm going to have him experience! So until I figure that one out... :D

• Like 2

I have said it before and I will say it again. The best characters take on a life of their own. That being the case, I am quite sure CJ will let you know when he is ready to try different things Carlos. He will scream inside your head until you let him do it!

• Like 2

I have said it before and I will say it again. The best characters take on a life of their own. That being the case, I am quite sure CJ will let you know when he is ready to try different things Carlos. He will scream inside your head until you let him do it!

Last night I was watching one of the Batman movies, instead of concentrating on what the Joker was doing, my thoughts kept wandering off towards CJ and a couple of scenes I'm still trying to frame in my mind. I know what, when and where but I'm still working on the proper dialogue sequence. Dragon and Sean keep screaming they want more lines! I may have to tie those two down so I can retain what little sanity I still have!

• Site Moderator

Last night I was watching one of the Batman movies, instead of concentrating on what the Joker was doing, my thoughts kept wandering off towards CJ and a couple of scenes I'm still trying to frame in my mind. I know what, when and where but I'm still working on the proper dialogue sequence. Dragon and Sean keep screaming they want more lines! I may have to tie those two down so I can retain what little sanity I still have!

*snickers delightedly*

PS: Love the new photos, but I am out of Likes, so I'll come back later when they've regenerated. :)

• Like 1

I'm not at all surprised that some of the guys are clamoring for attention ... I don't think you could write a truly shy character if you tried. And yeah, you can take that as a challenge.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

I'm not at all surprised that some of the guys are clamoring for attention ... I don't think you could write a truly shy character if you tried. And yeah, you can take that as a challenge.

I do believe you are correct Dugh in that assertion. I tried to think of one from any of the stories I've read, but I am coming up empty.

Carlos, will you dare to take this challenge? hehe

• Like 1

LOL

I'm trying! There aren't a lot of shy people in the circles I move in, or at least not many I know well. I overcame my own shyness when I was in high school and haven't looked back since. Speaking in public, or on camera, comes easy when you believe in yourself and what you're talking about.

I do believe you are correct Dugh in that assertion. I tried to think of one from any of the stories I've read, but I am coming up empty.

Carlos, will you dare to take this challenge? hehe

Patrick's kinda shy... :P

And so's :X. We'll get to spend a little more time with him around chapter 10 of Winter.

You'll have to let me know if that works. Although I don't think CJ will let anyone around him remain shy for long!

And so's :X. We'll get to spend a little more time with him around chapter 10 of Winter.

You'll have to let me know if that works. Although I don't think CJ will let anyone around him remain shy for long!

Patrick is still a kid and not that shy among his family and friends. Chapter 10 that posts in what mid-March?

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

About Patrick. Is he shy or just temporarily inhibited right now because he is overwhelmed by what is happening within his family? I mean, he did show some chutzpah when he bested his mouthy cousin, did he not?

As for chapter 10, if Dugh's figuring is on the mark that's going to be a long wait to meet :X 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Site Moderator

LOL...

Chapter 10 would post early March!

I've actually been trying to keep the number of new character at a minimum. I realize with so many of them it can get confusing. But, I love a challenge!

I can keep up, so no worries about new characters for me.  -_-

Your characters are distinct people with individual personalities. You don't add them gratuitiously, each has a reason for being and are memorable. Don't shy away because you fear confusion on the part of readers. I would think their development in your own mind might be the bigger issue.

• Like 2

Blah blah blah....Sean screaming more lines...blah blah blah!  :P

Your characters are distinct people with individual personalities. You don't add them gratuitiously, each has a reason for being and are memorable. Don't shy away because you fear confusion on the part of readers. I would think their development in your own mind might be the bigger issue.

Dugh said it perfectly. We trust your process and we trust you as a writer for sure. You've never let us down yet..