• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping for a new chapter after my weekend (locked away without acces to the net for grouptalk) and I got it ^_^ I'm so happy now and it was so good. The kisses, the kisses! :P Now I want more, but I'm also a bit worried about how Nelson is going to handle Haily. I'm starting to think something needs to be done about that or it'll blow up in his face.

I agree I'm eager for a closer look at Emily. It'll be interesting to see whether or not she really wants a relationship with Milo or if she's just sucking up to daddy. She could be a lot of trouble or she may end up helping resolve stuff with Milo and Mr. Trust.

I have a few predictions for the lady:

She'll find out before Milo's daddy and use it as blackmail (OH NOES!)... Or she'll find out before Daddy does and help Milo out and try to help break it to Mr. Trust. Then our young Trust will grow to love Ms. Trust.

She finds out after Daddy, while he's having issues thinking over... Like, he doesn't know how to handle it. All the while Milo is having hot, steamy SNERK with Nels. Hill contributes to the issues and tell Mr. Trust that Milo is A BIG TROUBLEMAKER. (Gasp now.) Either that, or she helps him cope and tells him it's okay.

Meh, mix and match those reactions, while adding either an angry or supporting daddy. I can imagine: ("Why didn't you tell me? I'M YOUR FATHER! *Pout pout.*")

Lovely chapter, Sir 'Luka. **Squish.**

Edited by Anzu
I have a few predictions for the lady:

She'll find out before Milo's daddy and use it as blackmail (OH NOES!)... Or she'll find out before Daddy does and help Milo out and try to help break it to Mr. Trust. Then our young Trust will grow to love Ms. Trust.

She finds out after Daddy, while he's having issues thinking over... Like, he doesn't know how to handle it. All the while Milo is having hot, steamy SNERK with Nels. Hill contributes to the issues and tell Mr. Trust that Milo is A BIG TROUBLEMAKER. (Gasp now.) Either that, or she helps him cope and tells him it's okay.

Meh, mix and match those reactions, while adding either a angry/supporting daddy. I can imagine: ("Why didn't you tell me? I'M YOUR FATHER! *Pout pout.*")

Lovely chapter, Sir 'Luka. **Squish.**

Actually, here's what I see happeneing.......

Milo never comes out of the closet. He stays in the whole time, and just when it seems like he's going to be able to stay closeted, the goat runs up from behind and hits him so hard he comes flying out of the closet door.

I loved loved loved adored loved worshipped this chapter. It was hot. Very hot.

I think Caleb's obssesion with Jame is strange..I really want to find out what made it so deep, even though I understand Caleb's nature to disslike people.

As to Emily Hill..I think Milo is overreacting, and I doubt someone can be that bad. Milo is very suspicious, and of course he's going to assume the worst about whoever wants to marry his dad.

I don't like Mr. Trust much, though. They're going to have a falling out soon, but somehow I don't think it's going to be because of Milo's sexuality.

NELSON NEEDS TO COME OUT. If only to his friends (might be better for Milo that way), I still think that staying in the closet is bad for him...especially with Haily. We can all imagine what kind of problems it's going to cause if she keeps on pursuing him. I believe that when he comes out, Haily is going to be ok with it, and she won't feel as bad as she would if Nelson told her that it's her that he doesn't like, and I think that from personal experience.

Did anyone else wonder about the origin of the name Milo?

**Hands over flowers to Julie** I would like to be the first to congratulate the couple on their new-born, may she grow up in a loving home, and learn to respect people of all walks of life. Also, may she have a great role in this story, or however great a role a baby can have.

I think our friend from the East said it all! Thanks Dom for another great chapter (even if you aren't going to read this for another few months...)

Steve

He's not "from the East" relative to me: he's "from the West," across the Pacific Ocean (much closer than going all the way around the globe the other way).

Did anyone else wonder about the origin of the name Milo?

Since Milo is an artist I think I immediatly associated it with the Venus de Milo without a second thought and didn't think about it any further.

But now that I do think about it, I doubt that's it. What the heck does a Venus and a greek island would have to do with him ? He's not even a sculptor. O_o

Nevertheless, it's a cute nickname.

Having nitpicked about geography, I can now really comment.

We're getting a whole raft of contrasting family and friendship dynamics, and we're being set up for some massive re-examination of assumptions. Joe and Caleb are being set up really well as very different friends of Nelson's, and I'm expecting them to play very different roles -- and it's a matter of some really interesting suspense as to who's going to do what. I know what I want to see relative to Jame and Haily, of course, but there's been a lot of acrimony in various directions and Haily's already getting her feelings hurt a lot, and will necessarily get her feelings hurt a lot more -- it's an open question what she or Jame will actually do.

There's this word from French film theory (and there's a long story involving World War II, Humphrey Bogart, and Jerry Lewis, as to why the French developed the second intellectually advanced film theory ever in the world -- the Soviets were first -- but it's a side issue) --mis-en-scene. Mis-en-scene is placing the characters and story into a setting, and placing the elements which will drive the plot and the character's actions and development. And the reason I wanted to introduce the word is that it's the word I can use to say that I just figured out that's what the cliffhangers do early in the story. I think they do something else later in the story. Anyway, that's some bodacious mis-en-scene you got going there.

Each chapter is better than the last. Wow. I love what Nelson did in class, where he didn't ask Milo if he wanted to do anything. It was really cute seeing Milo so eager in trying to initiate something.

When they were talking about Jame, I got a sense that perhaps Jame likes Milo. Perhaps that's why lately he's so against Nelson.

When Milo shows up at Nelson's house.. that was great. Especially since it's Milo, that must have taken a lot. (knowing first-hand, since I probably would act exactly as Milo does.. lol) The scene they had together was hot, I like how Dom puts so much detail into it without making it tasteless. It just works, he's able to make it hot yet sweet. Milo's little episode before Nelson is able to even take his pants off was really cute. And when he comes back in and just stares at Nelson.. ahh too many favorite parts.

I really don't get a sense that they are like Jude and Quinn. I mean, sure you can find some parallels, but when I'm reading it.. I don't think.. hmm this sounds like Quinn. I love these characters, even more so than I loved Jude.

This is just a random, off-the-cuff prediction ... but I could potentially see Mr. Trust disowning Milo and throwing him out of the house (at least temporarily), but Milo being too proud to go to Nelson, who obviously cares for him, and whose family would care for him. Maybe he would go to Jame, and when Nels finds out, he'd resent that ... or something along those lines.

As for Nelson's motives in wanting to be with Milo, I don't think it's purely sexual at all, or just because Milo's the only other gay guy around. Nelson was drawn to Milo the first time he saw him getting in that car a year before. He certainly doesn't like some things about Milo's personality, like his stubbornness, mood swings, etc., but I think some of those things are what endear Nels to Milo. Also, when Milo flat out asked Nels what he wanted, Nels said just spending time with him outside of class would be enough for him. Nels likes Milo, wants to get to know him better ... he'd have to have problems to not have sexual urges towards Milo (hell, they're both 17 years old!), but I don't think that's the basis of his attraction.

Being the romantic sap that I am, I *really* hope they eventually break down and say "I love you!" to each other ... :wub:

BTW, Kitty rulz!!! :music:

• Site Moderator
This is just a random, off-the-cuff prediction ... but I could potentially see Mr. Trust disowning Milo and throwing him out of the house (at least temporarily), but Milo being too proud to go to Nelson, who obviously cares for him, and whose family would care for him. Maybe he would go to Jame, and when Nels finds out, he'd resent that ... or something along those lines.

As for Nelson's motives in wanting to be with Milo, I don't think it's purely sexual at all, or just because Milo's the only other gay guy around. Nelson was drawn to Milo the first time he saw him getting in that car a year before. He certainly doesn't like some things about Milo's personality, like his stubbornness, mood swings, etc., but I think some of those things are what endear Nels to Milo. Also, when Milo flat out asked Nels what he wanted, Nels said just spending time with him outside of class would be enough for him. Nels likes Milo, wants to get to know him better ... he'd have to have problems to not have sexual urges towards Milo (hell, they're both 17 years old!), but I don't think that's the basis of his attraction.

Being the romantic sap that I am, I *really* hope they eventually break down and say "I love you!" to each other ... :wub:

BTW, Kitty rulz!!! :music:

I like your predictions and hope you're right an most of them.

Another great chapter there Dom. This story does seem to rock. I love Nels approach with his friends. He pretty forcefully let Milo know that he wasn't going to let Caleb or Hailey's opinions rule him on who he choses as friends. He just needs to go further and actually come out to them. Though I am sure that would cause all kinds of problems with Milo if news got out. The whole not wanting to be guilty by association.

Milo is like a tarzan being brought into civilization or a cornered wild animal...whichever works. He seems to be in need of careful handling. After last chapter though, I really thought that Milo would lay into Nels with how high handed he was being with his lips. I see that I was wrong.

Loved the ending of the chapter though..Nels was NOT going to pull up his pants. Him standing there all defiant was cracking me up. But how could Milo resist. He had his panting in 3-D or is it 4-D? Anyway..can anyone say speechless? Loved it. Can't wait til the next chapter.

Since Milo is an artist I think I immediatly associated it with the Venus de Milo without a second thought and didn't think about it any further.

But now that I do think about it, I doubt that's it. What the heck does a Venus and a greek island would have to do with him ? He's not even a sculptor. O_o

Nevertheless, it's a cute nickname.

As every Australian would know, Milo is a powdered drink additive for milk, comes in chocolate and malt flavours, there's also a range of Milo flavoured cereals and energy bars.

Milo

Imagine how amusing it was when I first saw the name :P tis a cute name though.

I really enjoyed this chapter, and With Trust is now my favourite story from Dom, and that's high praise in itself.

As for story predictions I have a few ideas but I'm going to wait and see if they happen.

OK, I've lurked round here long enough and felt it was about time I posted.

I'm absolutely loving this story. It's the first time where I haven't wanted to consistently slap our protaganist, repeatedly (maybe less for Owen, but Quinn and that Rory kid...you can only shake your head) lol. I'm finding all the vivid descriptions, both erotic and non-erotic, a pleasure to read, which only makes this story more engaging and I find myself visiting the page consistenly even though I know a new chapter won't be there. Well done Dom.

Ladies and gentlemen, introducing our newest advocacy group: G'NITE

(Goat and Nelson In The End)

:wub:

You have to be kidding....ahahaha :funny: . Ok, thought I'd get that out of the way...

As every Australian would know, Milo is a powdered drink additive for milk, comes in chocolate and malt flavours, there's also a range of Milo flavoured cereals and energy bars.

Yeah that's exactly what I thought. I wonder if he tastes as nice... :devil:

well, about the nickname "Milo", I had first thought about the Venus of Milo as well and thought it was fitting because of the art theme... but it's true that it doesn't seem to really fit actually...

So I have just been thinking that it might have something to do with spanish which they seem to speak absolutely fluently at home... and I don't understand at all. You know, some sort of nickname given by the "housekeeper" or his mum... Did the mum speak spanish thought?

too many "maybes"... I'm looking forward to knowing where he got the name, I'm sure DomLuka will unfold that mystery in a few chapters...

anyway, awsome chapter! Really really well written!!! I can't wait for the next chapter!!!

I'm still really worried about Halley, she seems awfully territorial about Nelson eventhough he did tell her that he was not looking for a girlfriend...

As to the idea of Jame being into Milo, I am not really convinced it's the case since he is trying so hard with Halley... Then again, who knows? Maybe he's bisexual...

Later's!

Edited by annushka

Maybe Assface (Jame) will end up with the goat ...

If he does, will WT have to be listed in the "Bestiality" section on Nifty? lol

As for "Milo" (the chocolate drink), they have that here in Taiwan, too. Very yummy stuff. That was also the first thing I thought about when I saw his name.

Anyway, I can't say enough how absolutely awesome this chapter was ... brilliant, just brilliant!!!

well, about the nickname "Milo", I had first thought about the Venus of Milo as well and thought it was fitting because of the art theme... but it's true that it doesn't seem to really fit actually...

So I have just been thinking that it might have something to do with spanish which they seem to speak absolutely fluently at home... and I don't understand at all.

I still have no idea how Dom choose this nickname but I remembered that Milo (or Milu) is a slavian first name.

And it's actually the first name of Milo Manara, a rather famous italian erotic artist. And it still doesn't really fit, does it ? X_x

Milo is not really rare as a given name for English-speaking boys. It's basically the same name as Miles (and they both come from the Latin for "soldier," but we don't care about that. do we?). It's also the name of the protagonist in The Phantom Tollbooth.

There doesn't have to be a deep dark meaning for the name: it could be a middle name, or a name he chose himself, or the name his mother called him before she decamped.

Obviously, I'm enjoying this story immensely, and I just wanted to touch on something that's been brought up -- ya know, whether or not the protagonist is active or passive. I want to start off by saying that while some would think that Aiden was the more active one, I believe that both he and Owen switched those roles more than a few times. I also feel like characterizing Seth or Rory as one or the other doesn't really fit them either.

Sure, you can draw parallels between Milo and Quinn, but Milo wasn't adamant about being heterosexual, like Quinn was. The Ordinary Us (a story that I've been re-reading, and falling in love with all over again) was certainly a coming out story, and how one person (Jude) can make it happen, and help out along the way. Jude was gay and wasn't hiding it. He presumably went through some of what Quinn was going through, and was there for him many a times.

Milo is definitely a bit of a basketcase like Quinn, but he's certainly not wrestling with his homosexuality nearly as much as Quinn is. At least in the departments of accepting it. Sure, he's got a lack of sexual experience similar to Quinn, and a few problems with his parents similar to Quinn, but he's not "sleeping through" anything. I like how With Trust is a journey that involves two people, pretty much simultaneously. Just because they have different personalities doesn't mean that they're not in the same boat.

Edited by carmichael

After some long and hard thinking, I've come to a conclusion......

Combining my love of Goat meat with the lack of a good ITE group, i've decided to form the GDITE's.......GOAT for DINNER IN THE END. When Milo's familia and Nelsons Family sit down for dinner at the end of the story, the goats big role in the story will finally be revealed.....he's the common link that will forever bond these two families :):wub::wub::wub:

GDITE, BIATCH!!!!!!

After some long and hard thinking, I've come to a conclusion......

Combining my love of Goat meat with the lack of a good ITE group, i've decided to form the GDITE's.......GOAT for DINNER IN THE END. When Milo's familia and Nelsons Family sit down for dinner at the end of the story, the goats big role in the story will finally be revealed.....he's the common link that will forever bond these two families :):wub::wub::wub:

GDITE, BIATCH!!!!!!

Oh, no, the acronym wars have begun!!!!!

And, Nick, at least in DD you didn't propose that one of the main characters become dinner!!! Oh, the humanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink: :wacko: :D

:sheep::sheep:

Edited by C James
And when he comes back in and just stares at Nelson.. ahh too many favorite parts.

I'm sure that's what Milo was thinking too :lol:

As for "Milo" (the chocolate drink), they have that here in Taiwan, too. Very yummy stuff. That was also the first thing I thought about when I saw his name.

I knew of "Milo" myself, though I've never had the pleasure of sampling it. That wasn't my first thought though since I first encountered it as a name. No my first thought was of Milo from the band Prozzak. :boy:

Milo is not really rare as a given name for English-speaking boys. It's basically the same name as Miles (and they both come from the Latin for "soldier," but we don't care about that. do we?). It's also the name of the protagonist in The Phantom Tollbooth.

There doesn't have to be a deep dark meaning for the name: it could be a middle name, or a name he chose himself, or the name his mother called him before she decamped.

I agree Lucy, I was thinking "middle name" myself. And while I've never known a Milo personally I've heard of enough of them for it to never even cross my mind as an "odd name". I read The Phantom Tollbooth as a kid, but honestly I don't remember anything about it :( . Now that you mention it though Milo sounds right as the lead character's name.

Obviously, I'm enjoying this story immensely, and I just wanted to touch on something that's been brought up -- ya know, whether or not the protagonist is active or passive. I want to start off by saying that while some would think that Aiden was the more active one, I believe that both he and Owen switched those roles more than a few times. I also feel like characterizing Seth or Rory as one or the other doesn't really fit them either.

I agree Alan! That's what I liked about Owen and Aiden so much :D