2024 Anthology Entries Due Tue October 1 ×

You Only Think You Hate Country Music.

MikeL

Gee, I can remember back when the Country Music folks used to take pride in being the clean cut types and would make fun of the long-haired hippy types.  My, my.  How things have changed!  lol 

I just wish the music industry would get over its obsession with shoving music into predefined categories :angry:

There are just three types of music - good... mediocre... and bad :P

• Like 1

I just wish the music industry would get over its obsession with shoving music into predefined categories :angry:

There are just three types of music - good... mediocre... and bad :P

May I suggest a fourth type: wish I was deaf.

And to answer your riddle, a smurf, maybe?  ;)

• Like 1

There are usually exceptions to rules, and it is that case with my tastes in music :)

Generally, I do not like Country ( :o yes, shocking for a Texan, but I ain't the only one ;) ) but I do find songs here and there that I do like. And I like the video you shared Mike :)

Thanks for posting :hug:

• Like 1

• Site Administrator

I don't like country. I don't like rock. I don't like rap; I don't like pop. I don't like classical.

I like music.

That's why my music collection includes Tchaikovsky, Spice Girls, Beatles, Meatloaf, Hunters & Collectors, U2, Ronan Keating, Jean-Michel Jarre, Billy Idol, Billy Joel, Beethoven,... I used to have Garth Brooks, but I lost those when I forgot to move them from one of my old computers.

I prefer Zombie's music classification system :)

• Like 2

I like a lot of different styles/genres of music. Depends more on the song and the voice behind the song to be honest. I can't stand rap, but I can on occasion listen to Pitbull. I can't stand the heavier rock/grunge music, but sometimes I can listen to Nickelback and I really like Evanescence. Country songs are my go to for writing, only because of the more laid back sound and the story-telling principal a lot of country songs have.

Lately I've been really into Adele and Ellie Goulding.

• Like 1

Still hate it too. Reminds me way too much of the rural redneck culture I grew up around and fled from the first chance I got. 

One of the few exceptions is Darius Rucker's version of Wagon Wheel. 

Edit: Okay, after watching it a few times this particular version is actually pretty good. Though I still really don't like country music in general. 

Edited by TetRefine
  • Like 1

• Site Administrator

Hmmm, after that I still don't like Country :P

All I see is:

"MUSIC Country Music Awards...." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Country Music Association Inc. ......

- Brothers Osborne - Stay A Little Longer

They're catching some heat for this video. I think the song is catchy and the video is nice. It helps that the lead's looks and voice doesn't really match, but wrapped into one person = really sexy. :D Anywho, Country music needs more artists to push against what is - what they said - regurgitated ideas. So not all 'country' music is the same, I really do like this duo. :P 

• Like 1