W.a.r. By Jeff Wilson (Jkwsquirrel)

It will have to be Billy himself. Brett & Dustin wouldn’t dare. Paula wants to, but who will hold Billy down while she does the cutting – the Vanilla Douche doesn’t seem likely! Joey’s father doesn’t seem to be a close enough ally of hers either…

Edited by Former Member

I can see Paula trying to cut it in his sleep, though.

Now, if Billy does end up getting a tattoo, would he consider that to be a big enough defiance of Paula to allow his hair to be cut?  That's another question.

I'd love for it to be Dustin because they both let their hair grow to spite a parent, and Dustin could be able to convince Billy to "grow up" about it. 

Edit:

I'm really liking the parallels between Billy and how Dustin was a year ago, and I like how Dustin is trying to keep Billy from making the same mistakes, no matter how small they are.

Edited by Shadow086
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Billy’s friends might want to hold an intervention that includes cutting his hair (but I don’t see Paula getting invited). Whoever is involved will be on Billy’s sh*t list for life! Only a girl would be brave enough to try cutting it for him – Billy still hasn’t apologized to what’s-her-name!  ;-)

Edited by Former Member

Here's the thing, though: Billy's letting his hair grow just to spite Paula, and he doesn't really like it either.  So what if he found another way to spite her?  I think he wouldn't mind letting someone cut it if that was the case.

I can see Billy getting a tattoo on his neck (hidden by his long hair) and agreeing to let Paula cut it so she can see the tattoo while giving him a haircut.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, jkwsquirrel said:

I always enjoy the conversation that takes place on each chapter.  That's one of the best things about publishing on GA.  Seems to be some simmering discussion about Billy's ever-increasing hair length.  Let's be honest, we all know eventually it's going to get cut.  But I thought it might be fun to begin a little bit of speculating!  So, here's the question:

Who will be the one who cuts Billy's hair?

A. Billy himself

B. Brett

C. Dustin

D. Paula

I'm gonna go with A, Billy himself.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Freerider said:

The focus of their life around their parents has to stop, if they want to get further in life.

But isn’t that typical of most teenagers? I know when I was Billy’s age, I was pretty unaware of things outside school and my family. Billy has seemed to be fairly average for his age.  ;-)

8 hours ago, droughtquake said:

But isn’t that typical of most teenagers? I know when I was Billy’s age, I was pretty unaware of things outside school and my family. Billy has seemed to be fairly average for his age.  ;-)

Is it? I left home at 17.

• Wow 1
27 minutes ago, jkwsquirrel said:

I feel bad because I have emails in my yahoo account that I want to reply to, but yahoo mail is so slow it's becoming unusable.  I can't even get the new chapter sent to nifty at this point.  Pathetic.

Gmail accounts are free! I prefer Google over Verizon anyway. (And I generally prefer Bay Area companies over companies based in New York – although I hate the big banks and have accounts at a Credit Union instead.)  ;-)

37 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Gmail accounts are free! I prefer Google over Verizon anyway. (And I generally prefer Bay Area companies over companies based in New York – although I hate the big banks and have accounts at a Credit Union instead.)  ;-)

He's right I sent nifty a chapter using my gmail. It was posted way quicker than my AOL. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, jkwsquirrel said:

What better way to enjoy the shortest day of the year (in the northern hemisphere) than by reading a new chapter?

Blessed  Solstice y'all

• Like 3

Jeff, You have said several times that as much as the story is about Brett and Billy, It is more about Billy and his dad.  The last chapter (Like father, Like son) Really shows that.  Even though George is gone from the story he is still a very important part of it.  Billy's reaction to his diagnosis and the subsequent "talk" with his father really shows that.  Eventually Billy will realize that even though technically Billy's diabetes is George's "fault" it is a genetic condition that can be passed on.  If George lived a healthy life or not Billy would still end up being diabetic.  Thanks for the awesome story and Happy Holidays!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 6:45 PM, glennish said:

Jeff, You have said several times that as much as the story is about Brett and Billy, It is more about Billy and his dad.  The last chapter (Like father, Like son) Really shows that.  Even though George is gone from the story he is still a very important part of it.  Billy's reaction to his diagnosis and the subsequent "talk" with his father really shows that.  Eventually Billy will realize that even though technically Billy's diabetes is George's "fault" it is a genetic condition that can be passed on.  If George lived a healthy life or not Billy would still end up being diabetic.  Thanks for the awesome story and Happy Holidays!!!

Thanks glennish!  Yes, I've always thought of the story as being as much about Billy and George as it is about Billy and Brett.  George's impact will continue to be felt in the story, as now Billy has to come to terms with what's happened.  This will actually help push Billy forward, because for a year he's allowed his life to be ruled by a ghost.  Maybe now he can find some closure and move on with his life.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I didn't think I'd ever be able to hate any character in this story as much as I hated Joey (and asshole Dustin in book 4), but here we are.  I haven't been this angry at a fictional character in a long time, she just pushes all my buttons.  I need to calm myself down now, I'm almost shaking with anger.

Good job, Jeff!

Edited by Shadow086
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Obviously, every single Jeff Wilson in the world is listed on Wikipedia. I’m trying to figure out if our Jkwsquirrel is a Canadian politician, an American professor and ‘academic dumpster diver’, or a former contestant on Survivor: Palau. I can’t imagine him as an English footballer, a New Zealand rugby and cricket player, a British auto racing driver, or a past member of the band Nachtmystium.  ;-)

20 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Well Mr Squirrel, you certainly know how to rile up your readers! At least the pitchforks and torches aren’t for you! But Paula doesn’t have any defenders, does she?

;-)

By the way I'm having a clearance sale for said    pitchforks and torches

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
14 minutes ago, glennish said:

Is the sale Buy one Get one free??  If so I will take two pitchforks and 2 torches please!!

Buy one get two free! ( only in cases where intended victim is the mother of an diabetic gay teen)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3