New Members Welcome-Introduce Yourself!

I suppose I shouldn't let the robot do all the work.

Hi, I'm an undergrad studying biochem or bioeng, not sure. I'm not entirely new -- I've lurked for a couple of years here and there, but I've decided to emerge and take over the world. I write a lot and used to be good at grammar, but that was back when I was studying for the SAT writing.

Anyone who really likes Yeats or opera (esp Maria Callas) is my new special friend :D

You want to take over the world, eh? I'm aiming a bit higher. I shall be King of the Universe! :king:

Welcome to GA! :hug:

Hi, I'm an undergrad studying biochem or bioeng, not sure. I'm not entirely new -- I've lurked for a couple of years here and there, but I've decided to emerge and take over the world. I write a lot and used to be good at grammar, but that was back when I was studying for the SAT writing.

Anyone who really likes Yeats or opera (esp Maria Callas) is my new special friend :D

Posted Image

Welcome to GA, Corvus. It feels great that new members come forth and post. :) Have fun here. Kick back and read a few stories...comment on them...and if possible, submit a few of your stories as well, i.e...if you write.. :)

BeaStKidPosted Image

Hey Corvus,

Welcome to this select club! don't get impressed by anyone here and find your place, read the numerous good stories there are on the site and take some time to make comments. I can even recommend to you a few.

as for opera,, well I like better the male singer like the 3 tenors.

sacha

• Site Administrator

G'day, corvus :)

Taking over the world is a great and noble goal. I hope you succeed, because it's been in a bit of a rut lately, with no one in charge. :P

Alas, it doesn't sound like I'll be a your new special friend :( Oh, well. Maybe next time....

Graeme :D

Well, as i am new here i suppose i should say "Hi" also (even though i already posted on some threads).

I am YaP (Yet another Pete) from Germany (duh, you can see that on my profile ;-)). "Middle aged", or some say "at the best age" (haha, well, once you are over the midlife crisis i think its a good age actually).

Self employed software engineer, hobby musician... hmmm, well, ask me if you like to know more about me ;-)

I have been reading here at gayauthors for quite some years, but was one of the many "quiet" readers around. I signed up mostly to give feedback to all those awesome writers here, that share their work for free for all of us to read and definitely deserve a hug and a "thanks a lot" once in a while for their efforts...

So - as many of the authors seem to be active here on the forum - i'd like to thank yall very much again for what you do.. reading stories from gay authors definitely made a change for me (special thanks to Dewey who runs his own site but probably is well known here as well).

laterz ;-)

Well, as i am new here i suppose i should say "Hi" also (even though i already posted on some threads).

I am YaP (Yet another Pete) from Germany (duh, you can see that on my profile ;-)). "Middle aged", or some say "at the best age" (haha, well, once you are over the midlife crisis i think its a good age actually).

Self employed software engineer, hobby musician... hmmm, well, ask me if you like to know more about me ;-)

I have been reading here at gayauthors for quite some years, but was one of the many "quiet" readers around. I signed up mostly to give feedback to all those awesome writers here, that share their work for free for all of us to read and definitely deserve a hug and a "thanks a lot" once in a while for their efforts...

So - as many of the authors seem to be active here on the forum - i'd like to thank yall very much again for what you do.. reading stories from gay authors definitely made a change for me (special thanks to Dewey who runs his own site but probably is well known here as well).

laterz ;-)

its kinda late to welcome you now...seeing as we have seen you discussing things in other threads as well...but...WELCOME.. :)

BeaStKid

its kinda late to welcome you now...seeing as we have seen you discussing things in other threads as well...but...WELCOME.. :)

BeaStKid

thank you kid :-)

Yes, i thought too its kinda late to post something here.. but ...*shrugs*.. now its "official" ;-)

laterz ;-)

Then you're officially welcome now!,

You're very right, I'm sure I not a lot of my fellow writer here will disagree when I say that getting feedback, or simply knowing that someone read and enjoy our story is always welcomed.

Also, being able to interact with the authors, is partially what makes this forum special and one-of-the-kind

sacha

You're very right, I'm sure I not a lot of my fellow writer here will disagree when I say that getting feedback, or simply knowing that someone read and enjoy our story is always welcomed.

Also, being able to interact with the authors, is partially what makes this forum special and one-of-the-kind

sacha

I, for one, would not disagree... :) Feedback is one thing that drives my writing. And meeting/discussing things with such great authors here is a lifetime experience for me. :)

BeaStKid

sacha

Yes, most of the authors that i gave feedback to in the past (via email) seemed to appreciate it.. and i think email, pm, or "publically" in a forum are the only way you guys know that your work is appreciated. A published author knows how well his books sell by checking his account :P . But your only way to know that someone is actually reading what you post by feedback.. and its the least i can do - as you provide my entertainment and education for free - to let you know i actually read it and like it....

and besides that after just a few days here i really like the athomosphere *leans back on the sofa and gets a cup'o'tea* :)

thank you all for the warm welcome ;)

Well hello everybody!!!!

I so hope that i clicked the right button here. Just wanted to say hi to everyone since im the newest member! YAY! GO ME! lol.

So far i really like this site and ive been doing pretty good finding my way around and how to set things up. Once it would let me log in properly.

I got really bored this month and had no internet at home or any of that and decided to write a story well i dont know what to really call it it ended up being 117 pages LOL tonight i decided to end it because i am so lost where to take it now or if it even makes any sense anymore my characters pretty much ran away and started doing there own thing and i just let them. THANK YOU! SO MUCH to this website that i found this neat little program how to organize my characters better its that Felis Roster thing. I am so going to use that next time if i decide to carry on with my characters i really liked them but they were being weird and i didnt know who to ask for advice or any of that. Omg and like i broke spellcheck on my computer i have no idea how you break it but i did it doesnt work it says Spellcheck complete no errors. And i made so many spelling mistakes. I know that my grammar and that is really bad especially with puncution because i wasnt using it and then somethings i just threw in things like, . ! so hopefully i got them in the right spot. I was thinking of posting this catastophy but i dont know how to create a post on my profile page. I just feel like i should post it and see what people think i can work on and who knows maybe with some good revisions i can fix it up to be a really great thing? And man do i ever feel bad for the people who read it. LOL saying that nobody is going to want to read it.

Welcome to GA, Mattie... It's great to know that you are an author as well. You'll find awesome support and feedback for a newbie author, being one myself and being on the receiving end, trust me. :)

As for posting your story, I'd suggest doing it on E-Fiction. There's a link to it on the top of the page inside the blue line of links. I think you'd need to set up an account there and then go to 'account information' to add a story. Rest is all simple.

You should also contact Joe so that he could set you up into the author's group enabling you to post announcements in the E-Fiction announcements.

A discussion thread in the E-Fiction Discussion Forum would also be good. :)

I hope you have a great time here and enjoy reading as well as writing stories... :)

BeaStKidPosted Image

• Site Administrator

G'day, Mattie!

I got really bored this month and had no internet at home or any of that and decided to write a story well i dont know what to really call it it ended up being 117 pages LOL tonight i decided to end it because i am so lost where to take it now or if it even makes any sense anymore my characters pretty much ran away and started doing there own thing and i just let them.

:lol: You have no idea how many authors can relate to that. It happens all the time :)

When you think you're ready, post it in the eFiction section, as BeaStKid suggested. If you are a bit more cautious, try building up to five posts so can you get into the Sneak Peeks forum. You can then post some of the story there and ask for constructive feedback.

Good luck!

Graeme :)

Well hello everybody!!!!

I so hope that i clicked the right button here. Just wanted to say hi to everyone since im the newest member! YAY! GO ME! lol.

I got really bored this month and had no internet at home or any of that and decided to write a story well i dont know what to really call it it ended up being 117 pages LOL tonight i decided to end it because i am so lost where to take it now or if it even makes any sense anymore my characters pretty much ran away and started doing there own thing and i just let them.

LOL saying that nobody is going to want to read it.

Welcome to the club Mattie!

I won't repeat what graeme and beastkid said, but they, of course got it right. Even at 117 pages it can still be called a story, I'm sure that we can find stories that, counting all the chapter, amounts to more than that. As for the characters running away on their own, well, try taking some time off, then return to the story you'll see it from another point of view, and that can be helpful. If not, well try to get yourself a betareader (or whatever) to read it and give you pointers.

don't worry about people wanting to read it!! I'm sure it's good.

again, welcome

sacha

I am so going to use that next time if i decide to carry on with my characters i really liked them but they were being weird and i didnt know who to ask for advice or any of that. Omg and like i broke spellcheck on my computer i have no idea how you break it but i did it doesnt work it says Spellcheck complete no errors. And i made so many spelling mistakes. I know that my grammar and that is really bad especially with puncution because i wasnt using it and then somethings i just threw in things like, . ! so hopefully i got them in the right spot.

I was thinking of posting this catastophy but i dont know how to create a post on my profile page. I just feel like i should post it and see what people think i can work on and who knows maybe with some good revisions i can fix it up to be a really great thing? And man do i ever feel bad for the people who read it. LOL saying that nobody is going to want to read it.

Hi Mattie. Welcome to this diverse world of Gay Authors and your exploratory writing experiences. All of us who author stories are led by the characters as they develop little quirks, attitudes and more dimension. Then the story line takes an unexpected turn and a new character appears. A sub-plot idea enters the arena and you're off.

I suggest that you find a friend or seek assistance in the Writer's Forums and identify an editor to help proof your initial efforts. A second or third eye will help cull typos, spelling errors, grammar boo-boos, etc. All of us have missed things because we're too close to the material. You will also find some excellent discussion threads about writing in general. I've been helped from reading helpful points posted by other writers.

Once you have a text that has been edited, run a portion in "Sneak Peaks" and solicate reaction. Then, as Graeme suggested, post it in eFiction. Good luck!

Jack B)

Evening Lads/Ladettes,

John here. New to the site, and really nervous about making friends. But heh, one can hope. I'm from the West Midlands in Great Britain. Currently I'm goning to use the site as a community before a type out a few stories. Umm Friends with Myr, and have been for near on a month now. Umm that's it really.

Much luving and stuffs

John

• Site Administrator

I'm from the West Midlands in Great Britain.

G'day, John! :D

I lived in the West Midlands for a year, but not near you. I was in the heart of the Black Country -- Dudley :P

Welcome and I look forward to your stories when you're ready to post them. B)

Graeme :mace:

Evening Lads/Ladettes,

John here. New to the site, and really nervous about making friends. But heh, one can hope. I'm from the West Midlands in Great Britain. Currently I'm goning to use the site as a community before a type out a few stories. Umm Friends with Myr, and have been for near on a month now. Umm that's it really.

Much luving and stuffs

John

Welcome to GA. :hug: