Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

New Members Welcome-Introduce Yourself!

robbie1042

Ahoy there! The name's Xuan. I'm 17, gay, and hiding out in Sydney, Australia until I can find somewhere else to wing it to. I'm sarcastic, caring, crude, and nice. All at the same time. A soothing combination, eh? I guess you could say I'm here as a reader and a writer, although I like to poke my editorial nose around every once in a while. :)

On good days, you

Is it 'de rigour' to say "Hi" or is it like one of those 'clothing-optional' beaches where almost everyone wants to go, but no one wants to 'put out' ? :P

Took me a while to register although I've read the complete works of several authors here since graduating from nifty on the recommendation of a fellow-author and buddy, 'T Storm'.

What to say? I'm a Brit, farmboy born and bred, heavily into developing new computer software technology so an immense geek in some respects, now living in the south of Spain since first planning to emigrate last year and loving the decent weather!

Looking forward to a long hot summer and playing plenty of sports: soccer, running, tennis, swimming, wind-surfing, squash and anything else that turns up.

Hoping to see my friends come over during summer for freebie vacations so we can catch up, hang out, and generally not become strangers now I'm a few thousand kilometers away. Should make for some good material for new stories!

Finally got around to tidying up and publishing some of my stories that are based around my life after a bit of motivation from 'T Storm'. I put them on nifty but they're also on my web-site. So far 'True Tales of a Farmboy' and 'Infuriating Dilemma' are being published, about a chapter a week right now.

I love community sites where there's a good ethos and sense of spirit and was really chuffed to discover gayauthors. I'd searched in the past but somehow missed it. Looking forward to causing some spirited controversy with some of my opinions at some point :P

Tris.

Edited by Tristan Jaimes

Is it 'de rigour' to say "Hi" or is it like one of those 'clothing-optional' beaches where almost everyone wants to go, but no one wants to 'put out' ? :P

Took me a while to register although I've read the complete works of several authors here since graduating from nifty on the recommendation of a fellow-author and buddy, 'T Storm'.

What to say? I'm a Brit, farmboy born and bred, heavily into developing new computer software technology so an immense geek in some respects, now living in the south of Spain since emigrating last year and loving the decent weather!

Looking forward to a long hot summer and playing plenty of sports: soccer, running, tennis, swimming, wind-surfing, squash and anything else that turns up.

Hoping to see my friends come over during summer for freebie vacations so we can catch up, hang out, and generally not become strangers now I'm a few thousand kilometers away. Should make for some good material for new stories!

Finally got around to tidying up and publishing some of my stories that are based around my life after a bit of motivation from 'T Storm'. I put them on nifty but they're also on my web-site. So far 'True Tales of a Farmboy' and 'Infuriating Dilemma' are being published, about a chapter a week right now.

I love community sites where there's a good ethos and sense of spirit and was really chuffed to discover gayauthors. I'd searched in the past but somehow missed it. Looking forward to causing some spirited controversy with some of my opinions at some point :P

Tris.

Posted Image

I'm sure you'll enjoy the environment here... :) Have fun..

BeaStKid :devil:

• Site Administrator

Welcome, Tris! As an author, I'd suggest email Joe (joe@gayauthors.org) or PM him (JSmith) and ask to be added to the author group :) It will give you access to some of the other forums here that you might like.

If you've got any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me or the other moderators/admins. :) We're here to help ;) Mostly 0:):P

[...]

So far 'True Tales of a Farmboy' and 'Infuriating Dilemma' are being published, about a chapter a week right now.

Tris.

Hey there! welcome to the community! I did read some chapter of "true Tales of a Farmboy" on nifty,, it's great that you made your way over here.. :P

Hey guys,

Regular reader, first time poster.

What can I tell you about myself?

I'm Matt, 21, uni dropout, ambitious to a fault and wasting my best years in Hobart, Australia.

From a writing POV?

Well I've worked for a few street presses over the years, but nothing of any great length until about 6 months ago. Since then, I've put together 8,000 words of utter crap and called it the beginning of my first novel.

Chapter One's almost in the can, I'm sure you'll see that pop up on here at some stage.

Somewhere down the track, I'd love an editor to tell me how it is, too. I've let a few friends read my works in progress, but I want somebody who'll have no hesitation in pointing out my shortcomings. I hope I've piqued somebody's interest.

Outside of writing?

I love my music, my iPod's in ALL THE TIME. I also enjoy...

Ah f**K it, just read my blog.

http://pluginmatty.blogspot.com/

Or add me on MySpace.

http://www.myspace.com/icantbelieveitsnotmatty/

Add me on MSN too, if you want.

tiger_fan_tiger_man@hotmail.com

You'd better get used to this writing style, too. Short, sharp, punctuation is your friend.

I like friends

Ahoy there! The name's Xuan. I'm 17, gay, and hiding out in Sydney, Australia until I can find somewhere else to wing it to. I'm sarcastic, caring, crude, and nice. All at the same time. A soothing combination, eh? I guess you could say I'm here as a reader and a writer, although I like to poke my editorial nose around every once in a while. :)

On good days, you'll find me into Irish dance, writing, reading, surfing the internetz, playing around in Adobe Photoshop, and swearing like a sailor - all of this done with a cup of tea (Earl Grey, please) gripped in my hand. On bad days, my hobbies stretch to laughing at people for no reason, randomly breaking out in song, and eating sweet foods. Especially chocolate. And lollies that are extremely delicious. Like "hello Type 2 diabetes" delicious. Mmm.

I'm obsessed with amateur photography, guys, TV shows with dry humour coming out the wazoo, and practising my dances to the point where they get progressively worse rather than progressively better. And... my ears stick out a bit. So I like to think I lead an exciting life. Tada.

So, ya know, hi! :)

B) .........Welcome, it seems we've had a run on Aussies lately, Graeme what's in your water? :P enjoy yourself here, there are a lot of great people here!!

Edited by Benji

Hey guys,

I'm Matt, 21, uni dropout, ambitious to a fault and wasting my best years in Hobart, Australia.

From a writing POV?

Well I've worked for a few street presses over the years, but nothing of any great length until about 6 months ago. Since then, I've put together 8,000 words of utter crap and called it the beginning of my first novel.

Chapter One's almost in the can, I'm sure you'll see that pop up on here at some stage.

Somewhere down the track, I'd love an editor to tell me how it is, too. I've let a few friends read my works in progress, but I want somebody who'll have no hesitation in pointing out my shortcomings. I hope I've piqued somebody's interest.

Outside of writing?

Or add me on MySpace.

You'd better get used to this writing style, too. Short, sharp, punctuation is your friend.

I like friends

Posted Image

I would surely love to read what you've written... :) Welcome to the Forums... :)

Hey guys,

[...]

I like friends

hey Matt and welcome,

great to see you here on the forums,,, I hope that you're going to find yourself a place at home here. it's all very fun.

all the best

sacha

Hey there! welcome to the community! I did read some chapter of "true Tales of a Farmboy" on nifty,, it's great that you made your way over here.. :P

Hey guys,

From a writing POV?

Outside of writing?

Or add me on MySpace.

I like friends

Well, good luck with your story, Matt. Sometimes we are overly critical of our own work. The first thing you need to do is find a good editor. A beta reader would be good too. Btw, Welcome to GA! :hug:

• Site Administrator

G'day, PluginMatty!

The Australian takeover continues... :P

Seriously, welcome! Hobart's really nice at this time of the year (I've been there many times for work), but I'm afraid you can keep your winters.... ;)

B) .........Welcome, it seems we've had a run on Aussies lately, Graeme what's in your water? :P enjoy yourself here, there are a lot of great people here!!

*gasp* you don't think the site's going to go down under do you? :lol:

LOL, always a pleasure to have our aussie buddies with us :)

Hi, guys! I just signed up yesterday. lol, I know it won't really be interesting, but anyways! Here's a bit bout me.

I'm a girl who is about as attracted to women the same as I am with men. Well, most of my crushes and attention are for men, but then, I had this huge, huge infatuation for my friend Xandra. Wasn't really surprised about my bisexuality, but it was still something.

I'm Canadian born Chinese, and I live in Quebec, Montreal. French is my second, and most spoken language. I started learning English in grade four, and I'm still learning it!

I'm also an artist and love, love reading. Which is the main reason I'm here! :D

Hi, guys! I just signed up yesterday. lol, I know it won't really be interesting, but anyways! Here's a bit bout me.

I'm a girl who is about as attracted to women the same as I am with men. Well, most of my crushes and attention are for men, but then, I had this huge, huge infatuation for my friend Xandra. Wasn't really surprised about my bisexuality, but it was still something.

I'm Canadian born Chinese, and I live in Quebec, Montreal. French is my second, and most spoken language. I started learning English in grade four, and I'm still learning it!

I'm also an artist and love, love reading. Which is the main reason I'm here! :D

Posted Image

I'm sure you'll have a great time reading the vast treasure of stories here. Don't forget to say hi to the authors as well as you read their stories. :)

BeaStKid :devil:

Welcome to GA! :hug: Btw, I :wub: your avatar.

hey gal! welcome to the club,, make yourself at home on here,, it's great enjoy it! and don't be afraid to ask if you need it

Welcome to GA, Laurie :hug::wub:

Hey Nick! Thanks for the welcome. I've had this thing for a little while but I'm

about as computer savvy as a brick and have no idea what I'm doing or how

I'm doing it. I'm lucky if I can find my way out of a open field.

Hope you can see this

Also, I have a Yahoo IM thing. it's lunchroom_mom

Take care! :blink:

Hey Nick! Thanks for the welcome. I've had this thing for a little while but I'm

about as computer savvy as a brick and have no idea what I'm doing or how

I'm doing it. I'm lucky if I can find my way out of a open field.

Hope you can see this

Also, I have a Yahoo IM thing. it's lunchroom_mom

Take care! :blink:

Posted Image

Have a great time here...