Do You Identify As Gay?

How Do You Identify?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How do you personally identify yourself?

• I identify as part of the gay (LGBT) community
    • I identify as someone who has sex with the same gender
    • I identify as something else (please explain)

1 hour ago, droughtquake said:

And apparently the racism, sexism, biphobia, and Transphobia (plus the agism I forgot to mention) are not restricted to the US, the UK’s Independent has an article about the issue..

I wish I could say that your wrong, but unfortunately you are very right, I've witnessed this on many occasions.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 1 month later...

I identify as queer. I'm bisexual and genderqueer/non-binary, I'm an activist, and I volunteer at Pride every year (this year I was a sound tech at Pride House in Oslo). I don't like calling the LGBTQ+ community the gay community. To most people, gay means people who are exclusively attracted to the same gender, usually men who are attracted to men. I'm not gay, and I think calling it the gay community erases the other identities therein. Which, as @droughtquake points out, is actually a huge problem within the community. I have often felt like I'm not welcome. I feel like my gender and sexual identities are largely invisible in the community at large. I've been told to pick a side, call myself either gay or straight because bisexuality doesn't actually exist, according to some. It's just people who are too cowardly to come out as gay. 

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wow 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2018 at 9:01 AM, BHopper2 said:

I've met a lot of gays that have never slept with a woman before. Hell, there's even a name for it:

Gold Star Gay = you never touch a vagina in sex.

Double Gold Star Gay = never had sex with a vagina, and was born via a c-section.

I heard that in Will and Grace, but instead of Double Gold they call  it Platinum Star Gay. :gikkle:

I guess Ionly have Gold... Damn Mom :rofl:

Edited by Sweetlion
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...