The Drop in Centre

26 minutes ago, kbois said:

love you Mom. 💔

Thank you for sharing this about your mom's life.  i'm very sorry for your loss.  You've so many memories that will be a comfort for you.  And you were a champion for your mom in these last years.

i wish you and your family, comfort and strength.

tim xo

• Like 2
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, kbois said:

I love you Mom. 💔

I'm sorry you lost your Mom, kbois.

It was such a gift you gave to her - to be present and there when she needed you most. You did exactly the thing all elderly parents hope for.

tim said it well: Comfort and strength to you and yours.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

@kbois so sorry for your loss of your Mother. may this help you. Take care 

“A mother’s love is always with her children. Losing a mother is one of the deepest sorrows a heart can know. But her goodness, her caring, and her wisdom live on, like a legacy of love that will always be with you. May that love surround you now and bring you peace.” – Unknown

• Like 2
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Tested + this morning for Covid.  Been congested all week but this is the first morning it's seemed like anything other than a bad case of my normal year-round allergies.  Sinus headache, but nearly no temperature.

Of course, I work on a campus and have had probably 50 people in my office in the last two weeks talking about payroll issues.

And the assistant to the Graduate Director just re-tested + this morning after having just had it less than a month ago.  😟

Take care and I hope you start to feel better soon :hug:xx

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Fae Briona said:

Tested + this morning for Covid.  Been congested all week but this is the first morning it's seemed like anything other than a bad case of my normal year-round allergies.  Sinus headache, but nearly no temperature.

Of course, I work on a campus and have had probably 50 people in my office in the last two weeks talking about payroll issues.

And the assistant to the Graduate Director just re-tested + this morning after having just had it less than a month ago.  😟

Fae see if you can get the Paxavill it will help you.

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Image My gift to you all is peace. It is something i seek everyday and it's hard, sometimes, to find.

Happy Friday, my friends.

Thank you for this tim. It's well timed. 

I hope everyone enjoys the weekend, especially those who have a three-day one. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 8/31/2022 at 8:30 AM, Fae Briona said:

I'm sorry to hear you're ill. Take care of yourself, Fae. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
On 8/28/2022 at 5:36 PM, kbois said:

February 27, 1931. A baby girl was born, a daughter, granddaughter, niece. In the years that followed she became a sibling to three brothers and a sister. She was a friend, a classmate, a good student, finally in 1953, a teacher. It wasn't long before she was a girlfriend, then fiancee. April 28, 1956, she took on the role of wife. Her greatest title, Mom, was earned on February 15, 1957 with the arrival of the first of five boys over the next seven years. During this time she also expanded her collection of titles to include sister-in-law, aunt and godmother. Then on July 13, 1968 she surprised everyone by giving birth to a daughter, one who went nameless for three days because she was sure she was having another boy. The next three decades of her life she added mother-in-law and Grandma, even Great Grandma to her long list of accomplishments. Sadly, after 60 years of marriage, on June 19, 2016, she had to take on the title of widow. 
Then on August 28, 2022, she left this world behind, shedding the confusion that shadowed her final years. The energy, the force that gave life to this amazing woman was released back into the universe. 

I love you Mom. 💔

Lovely testament for your mom.  I am sorry for your loss and at the same time, grateful for her release. 

I wish you strength and peace. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

I'm sorry to hear you're ill. Take care of yourself, Fae. 

Doc ordered me a steroid to help clear the lungs out.  It will raise my blood pressure but I know this and can keep an eye on it and take something if it gets too high.  Still have just enough of an increase in temp to make me tired and not feel well, but not a a fever.  Coughing has gone down; breathing has gotten easier.  All in all this has been extremely mild compared to some people who I know who have had it.

SP hasn't got it yet, thankfully.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Doc ordered me a steroid to help clear the lungs out.  It will raise my blood pressure but I know this and can keep an eye on it and take something if it gets too high.  Still have just enough of an increase in temp to make me tired and not feel well, but not a a fever.  Coughing has gone down; breathing has gotten easier.  All in all this has been extremely mild compared to some people who I know who have had it.

SP hasn't got it yet, thankfully.

Sounds like you're on top of it.  I hope you continue to improve and that your beloved doesn't end up with it. 

• Like 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1

Once upon a time, we had a long chat about poached eggs.  That may have happened in the first Drop in Centre. maybe. Anyway... i just saw this. i've not tried it, but i will .. cuz while i can make poached eggs, these look amazing.  Here it is.. as they say in this.. how to kick poached egg butt:

• Love 3
  • Site Moderator
15 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Once upon a time, we had a long chat about poached eggs.  That may have happened in the first Drop in Centre. maybe. Anyway... i just saw this. i've not tried it, but i will .. cuz while i can make poached eggs, these look amazing.  Here it is.. as they say in this.. how to kick poached egg butt:

Not sure I remember that convo, but funnily enough, I think this same - or one claiming the same - video was just in my YouTube feed. This does look good, and I may try it myself.  

Thanks for posting this, because as I am want to do, I got distracted away from investigating the video I found.

Shiny things will get me every time… 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Not sure I remember that convo, but funnily enough, I think this same - or one claiming the same - video was just in my YouTube feed. This does look good, and I may try it myself.  

Thanks for posting this, because as I am want to do, I got distracted away from investigating the video I found.

Shiny things will get me every time… 

The problem with investigating a video is it leads to another video, and another and another...

A friend of my daughter frequently falls down a toc-toc rabbit hole while waiting in her school bus for her next set of children. There have been days Wings has to turn off notifications to get the chores done, since she forwards the good ones.

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, Kitt said:

The problem with investigating a video is it leads to another video, and another and another...

A friend of my daughter frequently falls down a toc-toc rabbit hole while waiting in her school bus for her next set of children. There have been days Wings has to turn off notifications to get the chores done, since she forwards the good ones.

i save a lot of stuff for later.. then forget about them usually. YouTube is okay, not a real fav for me. Luckily, i dont use social media, tic toc etc. at all.  That would be a bad thing for me, i think.  i am allowed Prime and the Toronto Star newspaper online and YouTube if i choose.  That's enough to be going on with.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

i got some new fidget/anti anxiety toys to add to my things to do when i'm anxious... i can knit but it can be a bit much if i'm in a meeting... .

image.png.0acd2a8873595141e772bffbac745e5b.png

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
28 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i got some new fidget/anti anxiety toys to add to my things to do when i'm anxious... i can knit but it can be a bit much if i'm in a meeting... .

Love the colours in the afghan. :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

The kindness of others never ceases to amaze me and reinforce my faith in people:

https://bnbealone.com/?utm_source=vancouver is awesome&utm_campaign=vancouver is awesome%3A outbound&utm_medium=referral

this is really sweet. thanks for sharing it with us, tim. :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..