The Drop in Centre

4 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Yep, I hear you, though for me it was iced salted caramel (Nescafé), though I’m not sure if the flavour was true to its name. Will probably go back to my regular iced half coffee-half hot chocolate.

i only made one iced coffee this year so far ... coffee has been bothering my delicate stomach..lol so i don't drink much of it now.  And i don't drink any caffeine for the first hour after i wake up, only water if anything.

but I'm glad you're still enjoying your icy treat!!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
53 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i only made one iced coffee this year so far ... coffee has been bothering my delicate stomach..lol so i don't drink much of it now.  And i don't drink any caffeine for the first hour after i wake up, only water if anything.

but I'm glad you're still enjoying your icy treat!!

You gotta do what works for you.  I’m glad you found an alternative. :) 

I mix coffee with hot chocolate because I need too much sweetener and cream to make it palatable. My way means neither of those are involved, though the HC probably has sugar in it. It’s been a while since I looked at label. I use the PC brand which isn’t as sweet as Carnation that I do know. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

You gotta do what works for you.  I’m glad you found an alternative. :) 

I mix coffee with hot chocolate because I need too much sweetener and cream to make it palatable. My way means neither of those are involved, though the HC probably has sugar in it. It’s been a while since I looked at label. I use the PC brand which isn’t as sweet as Carnation that I do know. 

Makes sense. i'm sure the hot choc has sugar, you couldn't drink it otherwise.  We usually have a decaf coffee in the afternoon. i used to have to sweetner but i've stopped using anything in tea or coffee other than some milk/cream.  i do have some amazing hot choc powder and i have one now and again.

This stuff:  image.png.e97806ad3c7117d43c553d77bd1114c0.png

It's sooooo good. Gourmet Village makes lots of diff flavours and a sugarless version.  i bought a bunch of these last year to give out as xmas gifts..  i have one now and again! 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

what a week (whew!!)

month end reports done right

new strategies in place to make July go even better

AC died at work on Sunday, no AC for the week. conditions at the office were such that no testing could be done Thursday

while at the retina clinic with Phil today i found out that our corp office approved a new AC system

name that tune bingo and drinks with old friends tonight

bundled of to bed now

take care y'all

How many years have we known each other? Your office has had AC issues since then, lol.  i hope the new one works!!

Lots of good news in your post.. i'm glad for you!! xoox

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Off to a housewarming get together for a coworker tonight. Although I probably won't stay too long. My stomach has been a bit wonky the past few days. We'll see. Stay cool everyone!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

How many years have we known each other? Your office has had AC issues since then, lol.  i hope the new one works!!

Lots of good news in your post.. i'm glad for you!! xoox

i know, right?! 
thanks, for all the issues, it was a pretty good week 

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
4 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

It's sooooo good. Gourmet Village makes lots of diff flavours and a sugarless version.  i bought a bunch of these last year to give out as xmas gifts..  i have one now and again! 

Given your enthusiasm, I’m going to have to try this. :) 

21125237_front_a06_@2.png

This is the one I buy. It’s more like dark chocolate than milk, and it’s not dusty like som other HC’s are

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
22 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

yeah.. just fans today and lots of iced tea

Getting back to the hot weather we just had, it looks like we’re in for rain - possibly - just about every day this coming week. One thing I hope we don’t have is a relentlessly hot summer like we did last year. *fingers crossed*

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
3 hours ago, kbois said:

Off to a housewarming get together for a coworker tonight. Although I probably won't stay too long. My stomach has been a bit wonky the past few days. We'll see. Stay cool everyone!

Looks like the next week will be cool and rainy. I hope you feel better soon. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Looks like the next week will be cool and rainy. I hope you feel better soon. 

Thanks Reader. I just got home. Still a feeling meh, but not horrible. Getting home was an amusing adventure. 

One coworker gave me a ride there. When it was time to go another coworker had a few too many beers so they asked me to drive because we live close and I hadn't had anything other than water. 

Sure. 

"Can you drive a stick?"

Ummm... yeah, but it's been about 20 years. 

The car is a 15 yr old Chevy clunker. The key is stuck in the ignition. I swear my toes hit the front bumper trying to push the clutch in and of course the #s on the shift have long since been worn into oblivion. He worked the stick. I drove and pushed the clutch. Only stalled twice. Not too bad. Par for the course in my world. Lol.

• Haha 1
  • Wow 4
20 hours ago, kbois said:

Thanks Reader. I just got home. Still a feeling meh, but not horrible. Getting home was an amusing adventure. 

One coworker gave me a ride there. When it was time to go another coworker had a few too many beers so they asked me to drive because we live close and I hadn't had anything other than water. 

Sure. 

"Can you drive a stick?"

Ummm... yeah, but it's been about 20 years. 

The car is a 15 yr old Chevy clunker. The key is stuck in the ignition. I swear my toes hit the front bumper trying to push the clutch in and of course the #s on the shift have long since been worn into oblivion. He worked the stick. I drove and pushed the clutch. Only stalled twice. Not too bad. Par for the course in my world. Lol.

This made me laugh. I miss driving stick. Well, I miss driving altogether. LOL

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
35 minutes ago, kbois said:

I technically  know how to drive a stick. I mean.... if it came down to the only escape route from the zombie apocalypse was me and a 1973 bright banana yellow Ford Fiesta hatchback 4 speed... we might have a fighting chance 🤣

Sorry, k, but I laughed. I couldn’t help myself, because your storytelling is so vividly real. 

• Haha 5
4 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Sorry, k, but I laughed. I couldn’t help myself, because your storytelling is so vividly real. 

I try 😁

• Like 2
  • Love 2
On 7/9/2023 at 7:51 PM, kbois said:

technically  know how to drive a stick. I mean.... if it came down to the only escape route from the zombie apocalypse was me and a 1973 bright banana yellow Ford Fiesta hatchback 4 speed... we might have a fighting chance 🤣

(Stop laughing @Wayne Gray

Better than me.  I've only attempted to drive a standard once.  It went.......poorly

I'd be zombie food 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, Starrynight22 said:

Better than me.  I've only attempted to drive a standard once.  It went.......poorly

I'd be zombie food 

Don't worry. ... you can squeeze in the back with the rest of the gang. 😁

• Haha 5
48 minutes ago, spyke said:

Have you told @Starrynight22 all about your Korner Krew? Squeezing into the back with us could be very dangerous. 🤪

What do you mean. The Korner Krew are a well behaved bunch.

Edited by chris191070
  • Haha 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
29 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Really?

**insert sarcastic eyebrow raise**

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, kbois said:

I think Starry can handle you hooligans. 

Not too sure of this. I was told at the show Saturday I can be "one scary bitch, but in a good way".

• Haha 5
3 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Um, the numerous story comments from the Krew might make your position a little less tenable. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..