The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

15 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

I hope you told him to back off and that opinions are only valuable when asked for. Grrr.

Remember, opinions are like assholes, wveryone has one and not all should be heard from.

• Love 4

10 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends. 

just wanted to stop in and say “thank you” for being here when i needed your advice and friendship. i’m on my way for surgery but wanted to tell you.

Take care 

We're thinking of you, rick!  All the best.  Behave !

• Love 5

• Site Moderator
14 hours ago, rickproehl said:

just wanted to stop in and say “thank you” for being here when i needed your advice and friendship. i’m on my way for surgery but wanted to tell you.

Take care 

I hope your surgery went well, rick. 

• Love 4

19 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Take care 

I hope all went well. Take care, rick. Do as your doctors suggest, and get well soon. 

• Love 4

6 hours ago, rickproehl said:

thanks for the Get Well Wishes.

Update I just got home the surgery went good. Just waiting on it to heal. Just thought I would give you the update.

just took my pain meds hoping that takes care of it for a well. 

tim yes, i did behave all female nurses.

Thank you for letting us know how you are, rick.  Keep on top of the pain with your meds. No heroics.   I hope your recovery is short. 

All the best. 

M

• Love 4

On 7/7/2024 at 1:24 PM, Starrynight22 said:

One sip and I threw it away lol 

I did the same thing, once. I was at the bus station, sitting in a chair, and the vending machines were directly in front of me. I was feeling parched, and I thought to myself, "I haven't had a Mountain Dew in a long time. Probably been years." So, I fed some money into the machine, got my drink, and returned to my chair. After opening it, I took one long swig---and immediately spat it out, cartoon style. Some other people were giving me weird looks, so I said, "Now I remember why I stopped drinking this stuff; it tastes like battery acid." I put the cap back on the container and threw it in the trash can afterwards.

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

I did the same thing, once. I was at the bus station, sitting in a chair, and the vending machines were directly in front of me. I was feeling parched, and I thought to myself, "I haven't had a Mountain Dew in a long time. Probably been years." So, I fed some money into the machine, got my drink, and returned to my chair. After opening it, I took one long swig---and immediately spat it out, cartoon style. Some other people were giving me weird looks, so I said, "Now I remember why I stopped drinking this stuff; it tastes like battery acid." I put the cap back on the container and threw it in the trash can afterwards.

I'm almost afraid to say this...but that happened to me with bacon.  I had to stop eating red meat and pork about 5 years or so ago.  One of the things I really missed was bacon.  It smells so good cooking!  A few years back I was on vacation with my family and someone ordered a plate of it.  It looked amazing.   It smelled amazing.  I was on vacation and I  REALLY wanted some.  So decided to take the risk and broke off half of a strip.   Took one bite.  Was like biting into a solid piece of salt.  I couldn't finish it and sadly sat it back on the plate.  I haven't craved it since.  

• Wow 4

1 minute ago, CassieQ said:

I'm almost afraid to say this...but that happened to me with bacon.

Some can be super-salty, especially if the bacon is smoked. Cooking methods are a factor, too. In my experience, cooking bacon on a sheet pan in the oven gives a better result than frying it in a skillet.  :)

• Like 1
  • Love 4

• Site Moderator
31 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Some can be super-salty, especially if the bacon is smoked. Cooking methods are a factor, too. In my experience, cooking bacon on a sheet pan in the oven gives a better result than frying it in a skillet.  :)

This is my favourite way to make bacon. So easy and so delicious! 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

This is my favourite way to make bacon. So easy and so delicious! 

We have this fantastic little indoor grill. I cook bacon on it. It cooks it nice and slow, and the fat drips into the pan underneath. It's also great for burgers and stuff. We've used it a lot. It comes apart, and all of it except the plug can be washed or put in the dishwasher.

image.png.fd75e4d6e963fd8371286f65230d4e03.png

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 4

11 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Michael36 thank you Sir, 

yes I’m following Doctors Orders staying a head of my pain. The Doctor was more aggressive this time the last surgery fails. There is more discomfort this time been laying on my recliner to ease the strain. 

Thanks Agsin , Sir

I'm pleased to hear you're taking it very easy and taking the medications.  Recovery isn't fun and shouldn't rushed. One day at a time, and slowly. 

We're thinking of you. 

M

• Love 5

6 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Have a great Wednesday everyone 😀 

Oh, it's Wednesday.   

Oh.  It's Wednesday.   

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

Oh, it's Wednesday.   

Oh.  It's Wednesday.   

Is this good or bad? I never got the whole Hump day thing ... too much longing for Friday. I preferred Thursday when I worked Monday to Friday.  But I liked Wednesday when Thursday was my Friday, so to speak. 

Anyway, don't waste your days wishing they'd go by faster. We only have a finite number of them. That said, I do know why we do that sometimes. It's usually because our fellow man is torturing or annoying us. Let's not think about that too much, either.

Maybe we should ban thinking altogether! It is overrated unless you're Professor Brian Cox, Einstein, or someone else. Well, I know you're someone else, but you're not a physicist, are you? Are you?

i think i need more sleep. Have a good day, hump or no. :) 

image.png.82f95b3ee55d074be409a93c3ccb1747.png

• Love 3

4 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

8 more days left of the school term, then I'm off work for 6 weeks.

Oh no!  How will you cope with all that time off?  🤯

• Haha 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..