Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

it's cold, wet & nasty here too

we have freeze warnings & the home improvement stores are selling out of winterization stuff

i, however, am choosing to be grateful fir a good job, warm house & cafe con dulce de leche  💓

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

it's cold, wet & nasty here too

we have freeze warnings & the home improvement stores are selling out of winterization stuff

i, however, am choosing to be grateful fir a good job, warm house & cafe con dulce de leche  💓

That’s the spirit, molly! :thumbup: 

Good afternoon denizens of the DIC. I wish you all a great day... :) 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Hi everyone, sorry I've not been on for a bit I've just been down a lot and trying to deal with it all. As they often say things get worse before they get better, well now I getting to grips with things. I've just popped in to let you know that I haven't forgotten anyone or the support that you all have given me, and there are a few things that I've had to put right on the site. I'll be back on from time to time and hope that you're all ok.

Edited by cognacjnr
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Defiance19 said:

I was finally forced to turn the heat on this morning. 

Stay warm...

5 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

I'm not going to brag about, how out of the lower 48 states, Central and South Florida is the only warm spots in the USA. (According to local weather.) The reason I'm not bragging is that when we do get our two-weeks of winter, and it's cold enough for nuts to retreat, you'll be laughing at me. We should be supportive of each other during this time of winter weather.

*types the post, while sitting in shorts and t-shirt,  and getting ready to soak in the sun on Gandy Beach*

35 ° F at noon here with an east wind of about 30 to 40 mph.  I did some quick errands around town, and that's it for the day.  Looking into a Florida vacation.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Backwoods Boy said:

35 ° F at noon here with an east wind of about 30 to 40 mph.  I did some quick errands around town, and that's it for the day.  Looking into a Florida vacation.

It is Snowbird Season... so, you and a whole bunch of y'all northerners are looking at Florida Vacations. LOL 

Florida doesn't have the four normal seasons of spring, summer, fall, and winter.

The four seasons we have are:

Lovebug Season

Tourist Season

Hurricane Season

Snowbird Season

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Because I can...

I spent a little time in Florida while in the USAF, including Tampa incidentally.  The thing that I found most amusing was Florida's highest waterfall, which drops 100 ft. into a sinkhole and disappears into the unknown.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Backwoods Boy said:

I spent a little time in Florida while in the USAF, including Tampa incidentally.  The thing that I found most amusing was Florida's highest waterfall, which drops 100 ft. into a sinkhole and disappears into the unknown.

The Springs of Ocala National Forest are to die for. I've camped up there a lot, and the springs are always welcomed. Even though some are colder than ice.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Watch it you! No picking on Floridians allowed. I mean, I NEVER make fun of Jersey...   B)

sorry about my reaction to your comment, it's just that I can't help but chuckle at some of the banter in here, lol 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cognacjnr said:

sorry about my reaction to your comment, it's just that I can't help but chuckle at some of the banter in here, lol 

It happens with friends and I consider Kitt one of those. She's edited for me for quite a while and we've come to realize we have similar values.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Watch it you! No picking on Floridians allowed. I mean, I NEVER make fun of Jersey...   B)

you C?   Ha.. you never say nuthin bout anyone ...

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Sarcasm, boy?

Trust me, if it wasn't because I'd get in trouble with 1810, I would have some choice words about a few GA members. I'm scared of her moderator superpowers! :)

me Sir?  nope never sarccy  ... geez i'm hope i'm not one of em .. mind you.. i think if you thought i needed a slap you'd just do it.  LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Sarcasm, boy?

Trust me, if it wasn't because I'd get in trouble with 1810, I would have some choice words about a few GA members. I'm scared of her moderator superpowers! :)

wow, hope I'm not on that list I'm usually a good boy lol

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

a nice handprint on your bare bum would look pretty...

No, you're not one of the Canadians on my 'must trash' list. (I keep track by geographic region in case I find myself in the general area) 

Michael says.. it does..LOL 

oh good.. i'm glad :( 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

• Site Moderator
58 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Sarcasm, boy?

You’re scared of little old me? Strange, but I can’t think of why that would be... 0:)

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..