The Drop in Centre

22 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

They have the Monthly option in the states too. It's $9.99 a month for us.

In the year we've had it ... i've ordered one thing, which never arrived. So, no.. i dont think i'll bother. But thanks for the info, A.  Much appreciated it.

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

In the year we've had it ... i've ordered one thing, which never arrived. So, no.. i dont think i'll bother. But thanks for the info, A.  Much appreciated it.

Reader posted before I did, so don't forget to thank her too. 🙂

• Like 4
1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Sir

we watched a little bit of the CSU football game from this afternoon while we were at lunch

i think i saw the windchill was 14 F (-10 C)

With freezing drizzle. Really wish I had a fireplace on days like this. 

How are you, molly?

• Sad 4
Just now, MacGreg said:

With freezing drizzle. Really wish I had a fireplace on days like this. 

How are you, molly?

freezing drizzle is the worst :(

do they still have burning bans on bad air quality days, Sir?

i'm doing ok thank You for asking Sir

it's good to see You, hope You've been well

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

freezing drizzle is the worst :(

do they still have burning bans on bad air quality days, Sir?

i'm doing ok thank You for asking Sir

it's good to see You, hope You've been well

Yes, on air quality action days. But many wood or pellet stoves are exempt. 

• Like 4
55 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

hello Sir .. how cold is it?

It was so cold... a polar bear was wearing an electric blanket!

I just spent the past hour watching another train video. This time it was the California Zypher from Chicago to that Shytehole city San Fransico. @MacGreg You have one damn beautiful state! It's now on the bucket list. Same guy who did the Zypher is doing another one from San Antonio to St. Louis.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Starrynight22 said:

What's wrong with San Francisco? 

A friend from high school lives there and he seems to enjoy it very much 

It's literally a shytehole. They have an app for residences that tell you what streets are safe to walk on because no one has shyted on the street. Or have used needles thrown about. Most expensive city in CA, where you have to purchase a parking spot in front of your house which may cost more than your house, and they have a homeless problem worse than Chicago, Atlanta, and New York combined.

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
11 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

What's wrong with San Francisco? 

A friend from high school lives there and he seems to enjoy it very much 

4 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

It's literally a shytehole. They have an app for residences that tell you what streets are safe to walk on because no one has shyted on the street. Or have used needles thrown about. Most expensive city in CA, where you have to purchase a parking spot in front of your house which may cost more than your house, and they have a homeless problem worse than Chicago, Atlanta, and New York combined.

AC lives in San Francisco.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

LA has a bad homeless problem too, don't they?  

• Like 3

LOL... I mention Zillow, and it was the second link on the search results on Google, when I was looking up the parking spot info...

And I just got an email from Zillow... asking if I want to search for homes in SanFran. LOL

I have an account on Zillow, so I can look at Tampa homes, for my series. It is where I found Jeremy's, Travis', Erin Ros', and < REDACTED > houses. Some of the pictures are in my Tampa Chronicles Gallery.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
17 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Parking Spot: https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/nevius/article/82-000-parking-space-a-sign-of-the-times-4597575.php

$82,000 to buy one. Zillow has a dedicated search for Parking Spots in SF. They currently list ten.

There’s a building near me that advertised parking spaces for $50,000 when the building was new (it’s less than 5 years old).

• Wow 3

21 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Parking Spot: https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/nevius/article/82-000-parking-space-a-sign-of-the-times-4597575.php

$82,000 to buy one. Zillow has a dedicated search for Parking Spots in SF. They currently list ten.

I would think SF would be a place where public transportation and ride sharing would thrive.  

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

I would think SF would be a place where public transportation and ride sharing would thrive.  

I think you're right. I've a couple friends in NYC that don't drive or have cars.  In fact one only got his,license at age 35 because his job wanted him to travel and he would have to start renting cars in other places possibly. 

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..