The Drop in Centre

32 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Cia's newsletter games are pretty fun. Last year, we had to choose a number on a box, and she gave us a prompt related to that box.

This one was mine. I'm planning on a Christmas story this year, and I believe Alex and Dean will be in it.

It might be a fun thing to do.  Alex and Dean are even one-syllable names.

I looked at the words and was briefly alarmed by one that seemed out of place until I learned that "pud" is informal British slang for "pudding".  :blushing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

It might be a fun thing to do.  Alex and Dean are even one-syllable names.

I looked at the words and was briefly alarmed by one that seemed out of place until I learned that "pud" is informal British slang for "pudding".  :blushing:

I had to look that one up as well. LOL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Sirs and friends

it's great to see everyone 

i'm prepping tomorrow's dinner for the crockpot but wanted to take a minute to say hello

Hi molly *waves* 

Binging on Netflix right now, but I’ll be back

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I'm not going to bed, just yet. But I'm in a desperate need for a hand break. Which sucks, because I'm on revision #4 of the rough draft of the term paper that will be next week's final assignment.

EDIT: SO c-yay'all tomorrow.

Edited by BHopper2
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2

Morning.

I need someone to rub Vick's Vapor Rub on my chest, and sing to me Soft Kitty. While I channel my inner Shelden Copper.

hB4EEDC94

Accurate feeling.

I hope everyone has a good day. You won't see me around. Got an edited version of my Rough Draft back... So much red... Those that have my email, you can send me one, but I don't know when I'll respond.

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 2
26 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Morning.

I need someone to rub Vick's Vapor Rub on my chest, and sing to me Soft Kitty. While I channel my inner Shelden Copper.

hB4EEDC94

Accurate feeling.

I hope everyone has a good day. You won't see me around. Got an edited version of my Rough Draft back... So much red... Those that have my email, you can send me one, but I don't know when I'll respond.

Rough draft and cold recovery before anything... take it easy.

• Like 5

This is a two syllable word ... sorry ..

henchman Audio pronunciation

noun | HENCH-mun  

Definition

:
a trusted follower : right-hand man

:
a political follower whose support is chiefly for personal advantage

:
a member of a gang

The earliest known examples of today's word in written English show it being used as a term for a squire or a page, but the word may have seen earlier use with the meaning "groom." It first appeared in Middle English in the 14th century and is a combination of Old English hengest ("a male horse") and man. In the mid-1700s, henchman began to be used for the personal attendant of a Scottish Highland chief. This sense, made familiar to many English readers by Sir Walter Scott, led to the word's use in the broader sense of "right-hand man," which in turn evolved into the other meanings.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

Lunch Break.

Rough Draft submitted.

Going to have some soup.

Talk later.

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Tried new bus route the morning....really just the reverse of what I do at night. Not as crowded and a bit quicker...it was good. I'll do it again tomorrow! 

Awesome. Anything that would be easier is good. 🙂

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Parker Owens said:

Good morning everyone. The sun is out, so I’m going out, too.

That reminds of the movie Frozen. When Anna says about the night sky, "The sky's awake, so I'm awake!"

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
5 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

Morning.

hB4EEDC94

Accurate feeling.

I'm sorry you're not feeling good, A. :hug: 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator

Good afternoon DICers! I stayed up late to finish a really good book knowing I could sleep in. My gas-powered furnace was booked for inspection for sometime between 12 and 4. Low and behold the inspector guy shows up at 10:40. He was somewhere else in the building and thought he'd stop by my unit and get it done, too. 

Darn good thing I set my alarm and had my shower before my coffee, so I was presentable when he showed up. Wouldn't do to still have been in my jammies. lol

Good news is my furnace passed the inspection and now, I have the rest of the day to myself. Yay! 

Have a great day everyone. :) 

I will be around....

• Like 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Rough draft and cold recovery before anything... take it easy.

Thanks, Bro. I seem to have more downtime right now. The assignment has been uploaded for the week, all my learning tasks are done. Just have a couple of Posts I got to make now. Just need to start feeling better.

1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

I'm sorry you're not feeling good, A. :hug: 

Thanks, Reader. :hug:

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..