The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

i have been too ...  woman who wanted out said she couldn't leave her kids .. Court person asked their ages.. oh they are 12, 17 and 21 ... Denied!  LOL   

Yeah, some of the excuses, and with about 1200 people present.... 🙄

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

I got called once, but thankfully, didn’t get chosen because it was a big case that would have lasted eight weeks. Still remember there were a few idiots that didn’t come back from break during the choosing process. I wonder if they got in trouble....

Yes, they would have.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
24 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Yes, they would have.

Oh, I figured they would (as did everyone around me). The judge didn’t say anything for obvious reasons, but it was easy to tell he was not going to just ignore their absence. People can be so stupid.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

I can't remember .......did I tell y'all I got called for jury duty? 

3 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

I got called once, but thankfully, didn’t get chosen because it was a big case that would have lasted eight weeks. Still remember there were a few idiots that didn’t come back from break during the choosing process. I wonder if they got in trouble....

3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

i have been too ...  woman who wanted out said she couldn't leave her kids .. Court person asked their ages.. oh they are 12, 17 and 21 ... Denied!  LOL   

I had jury duty once once several years ago for a drug-related case, and it was a disappointing experience to say the least.  So I got tapped again a couple years ago just before my seventieth birthday, to report two weeks after said birthday.  Well, it happens that in this state, you can get a permanent exemption after age seventy.  So in addition to pleading short attention span, frequent urination, and a couple other things, all true, I requested the exemption.  They didn't send it until the day of my birthday, and it was the best birthday present of the year.  I do a lot of volunteer work, but my civic-mindedness ends at the courthouse door.  :) 

Edited by Backwoods Boy
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

When you haven't slept since 4:00 am... yesterday...  

2672367653_80e51e1f57_z.jpg

The heart is because that's a beautiful picture... Also, hope you get some sleep soon.

Good morning, DiC! :hug: I feel steadily better in other ways, but now I'm super congested, lol! Hope you all have a nice day.

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

Good morning, everyone. It’s Friday eve...

Wish you all a good day!!!

NO!!   Hahaha .. it is MY friday.. yippeee   yay wooooo hooooooooooo    i have worked 5 days.. :D 

• Love 3
  • Haha 2
16 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

NO!!   Hahaha .. it is MY friday.. yippeee   yay wooooo hooooooooooo    i have worked 5 days.. :D 

Lol You know... I hope I forget all about this on Sunday 😝 😘

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Morning peeps.

I miss tim calling us Dicadees!

1 hour ago, Defiance19 said:

Good morning, everyone. It’s Friday eve...

Wish you all a good day!!!

Note to self - caffiene first, then read.  I read this as Friday evening. Was wondering where I lost a day and a half!  Caffiene, need more caffiene!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..