Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

On 1/6/2020 at 3:44 AM, dughlas said:

Sometimes life happens in a big way ... we were in an accident on I-495 at noon today and my car was totaled. The good news is that we all walked away. Mum had a cut on her elbow that didn't require treatment and Thistle is fine. Me, I got an ambulance ride and a 3+ hour visit at the Fairfax Hospital ER. My side of the car slammed into the concrete barrier wall. Fortunately the side airbags deployed and protected my head and neck. No broken bones but the ribs on my left side are bruised. I've got contusions from my seatbelt and my left shoulder may have tendon and/or rotator cuff damage, x-rays don't show that. I'll likely be making a visit to an orthopedist in SC. The best part is that while I was on my way to the ER mum and Thistle were taken to the nearby fire station where they were well looked after. Mum had coffee and once he relaxed Thistle explored until his heart's content. The guys went online to help mum find a rental car. The local rental places were closed so the nearest available was AVIS at Reagan International Airport. One of the guys took them there to pick up the car then led mum to the hospital to meet me. When mum was having trouble with the lady at my insurance agency he took the phone from mum and got things sorted. They were so kind and helpful. We collected our personal things from my car. It was taken to a nearby salvage yard until my insurance arranges to pick it up. After a five hour delay we continued south and are currently lodged in the motel where we had made reservations. While I'm very sore and shaken things might have been far worse. Now I just need to find a comfortable position for sleeping.

I hope you, your mum, and Thistle are healing/feeling okay. :hug: 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..