CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

26 minutes ago, Marty said:

A beautiful piece. Released last year, it could almost be a poem for today:

"Couldn't we do this differently."  Brilliant, Marty. Thank you. :hug: 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, clochette said:

Actually I'm not sure you can drive by yourself between the island and the mainland. You can walk, there's a define and secure path - though idiots often don't follow it - or you can take small tourist buses.

You're right. When I said "drive", I actually should have said "ride".   :facepalm:

24 minutes ago, clochette said:

Unfortunately you should be prepared cause its beauty is almost always hidden by masses of tourists and the rustic charm taken over by souvenirs shops.

Sounds like Disneyworld: Overcrowded, overpriced, and underwhelming.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

I have a great recipe for seafood lasagna rollups.  It's so good.  I'll have to do some thinking and come up with a low carb alternative :) 

Can you sub zucchini slices for the pasta?

• Like 5

Just now, Valkyrie said:

Yeah, that could work.  I also have a cauli crust for pizza or sandwiches that I"ve used to make lasagna before.  Those work too.  I wouldn't be able to roll them up, but I could make a nice lasagna out of them :)  The zucchini slices could probably be rolled up. 

I would try blanching them in lightly salted water first and then blotting them very well before making the roll ups. That should make them more limber and also release some excess moisture.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Marty said:

Greetings, Albert. :hug:

Here's a picture of Croaghaun Mountain, on Achill Island off the west coast of Ireland.

Hide contents

M2JmNjIwZmRkODYyODc0MjdlNTA4YmZhYTEzYzIz

(No, it's not one of my photographs.)

It's still lovely.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, clochette said:

Actually I'm not sure you can drive by yourself between the island and the mainland. You can walk, there's a define and secure path - though idiots often don't follow it - or you can take small tourist buses. Unfortunately you should be prepared cause its beauty is almost always hidden by masses of tourists and the rustic charm taken over by souvenirs shops.

Having sheeps grazing in salt fields is very common on the north coasts. The meat from the mont st Michel sheeps has an AOP (protected designation of origine). Same for those from the Baie de Somme https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prés_salés_de_la_baie_de_Somme

The pilgrims on there way to the holy land would stop here to get a blessing at the church on top of the mountain. They are also known for there HUGE omelets they make! 

A fav of the Pilgrims:yes: Very medieval:yes:

Image result for picture of mont saint-michel omelet Image result for picture of mont saint-michel omelet  Image result for picture of mont saint-michel omelet  Image result for picture of mont saint-michel omelet

Edited by Albert1434
  • Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..