Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

3 hours ago, Headstall said:

Home Depots open up today in Ontario. They are showing line ups on TV. There are a lot of rules in place, and there is stuff I need, but my kids would be pissed if I went and shopped there. :( 

We had some restrictions relax and people went nuts. Shopping centers were crowded :( 

No news on other covidiots so maybe everyone was getting their haircut 💇‍♂️ 

Edited by Bucket1
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1
22 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Where can you see that Marty

On my own profile page... under the Activity tab.

Replies.jpg

Edited by Marty
Adding Screenshot
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

A couple of evenings ago, my builder rang, and then called round. Main reason was to collect some cash for the work done just before the lockdown, but also to discuss other things I want doing, as he plans to start doing a few jobs from a week on Monday.

One of the jobs is to fit a gate on the laneway leading down the side of the house from the main road. As we were walking back from looking at that possible job, I suddenly realised we were walking side-by-side, less than the specified two metres apart, so I immediately slowed down and started singing the words to Don't Stand So Close To Me by The Police.

Spoiler

That song has a certain resonance for me, as I was that young teacher in the 1970's  and early 80's, and have several second level girls (and the occasional boy) who would try to get too close to me.

But when I actually looked for the song on YouTube (to share with you all here) I also found this socially distanced covid-19 remix of the song with Sting, Jimmy Fallon and The Roots:

Spoiler

I just loved the way the different members were using "instruments found at home while in quarantine" in the performance. :rofl:

I also thought Jimmy Fallon did a brilliant job capturing Sting's singing voice from the original version. :yes:

And Sting may be a good bit older now, but by golly, he's still as sexy as (that word beginning with F)!! :o 

Instruments found at home:

Spoiler

Sting - Vocals, Jar Shaker
Jimmy - Vocals, Jar
Questlove - Scissors, Forks
Black Thought - Hair Pick
James Poysner - Melodica
Captain Kirk - Ukulele
Mark - Bass Tuba
Gooding Jr. - Tuba Stro - Pot Lid, Wooden Spoons
Kamal Gray - Connect 4
Ian Hendrickson-Smith - Throw Pillow
Dave Guy - Sneakers

Edited by Marty
Something about a comma being needed
  • Love 4
  • Haha 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..