Greetings Marty! :hug: 

Hey, Drewbear.  :hug:

7 hours ago, Headstall said:

Aloha, Albert! :hug: :kiss:  beautiful, warm, sunny morning here. :D 

Sunday: cold and snowing; Friday: 71 F/22 C. #WelcometoNorthernMichigan  :rofl:

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, Marty said:

Move to Ireland, buddy. ;)

There are times when we literally get four seasons of weather all in the space of a single day! :yes:

Just like Melbourne... so much so that they wrote a song about it :yes:

• Love 5

A plain tiger butterfly visits a bougainvillea

A plain tiger butterfly visits a bougainvillea

Danaus chrysippus, also known as the plain tiger , African queen, or African Monarch, is a medium-sized butterfly widespread in Asia, Australia and Africa. It belongs to the Danainae subfamily of the brush-footed butterfly family Nymphalidae.

Edited by Albert1434
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

Just like Melbourne... so much so that they wrote a song about it :yes:

It's a little known fact outside Ireland just how many places along the Atlantic west coast of Ireland are great surfing spots, with waves to rival those in almost any other part of the world. I suppose part of the reason for that is because most people equate surfing with long, hot, sunny days - which can be few and far between here in the Ireland.

Although maybe a little slow in getting to the amazing action shots (this is Ireland, after all: the Land of Time Enough) the following video, Four Seasons in One Day, is flagged as "the first in a series of surfs edits documenting the journey of a group of cold water surfers in their quest to surf perfect waves in the ever changing, totally unpredictable but ultimately rewarding Irish Winter." (I haven't managed to find any subsequent edits.)

Edited by Marty
Tidying up
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, Marty said:

It's a little known fact outside Ireland just how many places along the Atlantic west coast of Ireland are great surfing spots, with waves to rival those in almost any other part of the world. I suppose part of the reason for that is because most people equate surfing with long, hot, sunny days - which can be few and far between here in the Ireland.

Thanks for sharing ... I know none of them was wearing plaid but I'm certain Cian would agree if I offered to kilt him, he is afterall Irish ... so ... I'm claiming the ginger for my herd.

Edited by dughlas
Use all your words dugh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..