Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Open Club  ·  140 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

I admire your resourcefulness :) 

12 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Troughs are easier, crack with a hammer then use a pitch fork (dedicated, not used on manure) to move the chunks.  Somehow I always manage to get soaked when doing the stall buckets.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Troughs are easier, crack with a hammer then use a pitch fork (dedicated, not used on manure) to move the chunks.  Somehow I always manage to get soaked when doing the stall buckets.

I have a heater in my outside trough, but I manage to get wet busting ice from the stall bucket too... there's always that water in the center that splashes straight at me. :rolleyes: 

• Wow 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Headstall said:

I have a heater in my outside trough, but I manage to get wet busting ice from the stall bucket too... there's always that water in the center that splashes straight at me. :rolleyes: 

We have heaters where we can, but some fields are just too far out to have electric service.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Kitt said:

You have just the one mare, right? Why not get heated buckets for her? A little expensive, but soooooo worth it!

She's out most of the time, so I haven't bothered, and with one horse it's not such a big deal. I have about eight water buckets, so sometimes I just use a clean one and set the frozen one aside until it's warmer. :)  When I had the barn full of horses, the buckets didn't freeze at all. 

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..