Open Club  ·  134 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

2 minutes ago, raven1 said:

Hey Bucket! 31C sounds about right, but 38C is a bit warm.  Are you sure you won't need some of Albert's snow?:great:

38C is a bit toasty and it will be the same sort of temps later in the week. Not looking forward to it. That snow sounds good but Albert needs the water. Some of Gary's snow would be ok :yes:

• Haha 5
7 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

38C is a bit toasty and it will be the same sort of temps later in the week. Not looking forward to it. That snow sounds good but Albert needs the water. Some of Gary's snow would be ok :yes:

Yeah, but then we would give Gary another excuse for not writing.   He'd be too busy arranging the shipment of snow your way.:gikkle:

• Haha 5
37 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

There's a real market opportunity there with snow :gikkle:

• Haha 5
54 minutes ago, raven1 said:

Hi Clo! Sawasdee Khrup!🙏 Hope all is well and you are getting some rest from the exams.

Hey Mr. T. I'm good. I came back home Saturday and should go back to the apartment Wednesday when my car will be back from her yearly check up. So yes I am resting and recovering from exams (I took a 2h nap this afternoon) also tidying my room and just puttering around the house. 

How are you doing? 

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Going down to minus 25C tonight. Hey, Bucket! :hug: 

Dang did you move to the artic without telling us?!

31 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Supply and demand. -_-  Hey, Tink. :hug: 

Hey you my Sexy Lumberjack, how are you doing today? Feeling better? :hug:

How are Falkor and the rest of the furry balls?

Edited by clochette
  • Haha 5
6 minutes ago, clochette said:

Dang did you move to the artic without telling us?!

Hey you my Sexy Lumberjack, how are you doing today? Feeling better? :hug:

How are Falkor and the rest of the furry balls?

All my furry balls are great. :P  Yeah, I'm feeling much better. Not coughing much now, but I still have some of my head cold left. My wrist is completely back to normal. :) 

I think the Arctic moved to me. :( 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, clochette said:

Hey Mr. T. I'm good. I came back home Saturday and should go back to the apartment Wednesday when my car will be back from her yearly check up. So yes I am resting and recovering from exams (I took a 2h nap this afternoon) also tidying my room and just puttering around the house. 

How are you doing? 

I glad to hear you are getting some rest. I'm good.  I went out do dinner with friends on Saturday.  It was a beautiful restaurant on the Mae Ping river.  After four of our group went to a dance club, my best friend and I went to a great jazz club.  I rested Sunday, but today I went out to a wonderful coffee place with the other four friends that went dancing Saturday night.  Chiang Mai has taken to coffee with a vengeance the last 15 years.  There are probably over 500+ shops in Chiang Mai.  Some small but most are very large with gardens, fountains and sculptures. People go there for hours to drink coffee and take selfies.  All of the coffee shops are decorated with several background areas suitable settings for pictures.  Today's coffee adventure was several small seating areas around a small pond surrounded by trees and bamboo.  

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, raven1 said:

Hi Gary,  Glad your doing well.  Any plans for the day besides freezing your cute butt off?:gikkle::hug:

No plans. Just going out to bring my horse into the barn. Temperature is dropping fast. :unsure: 

• Like 1
  • Wow 4
2 minutes ago, Headstall said:

No plans. Just going out to bring my horse into the barn. Temperature is dropping fast. :unsure: 

I hope you and your horse stay warm tonight!

• Love 4

Cowboy Hats Were Not Popular

The Stetson hat is better known by the name “cowboy hat.” It is so ubiquitous in Western films that people may think every cowboy wore them. In reality, cowboys rarely wore that hat. It wasn’t even designed until 1865.

American actor James Dean poses for a movie wearing a cowboy hat.

John B. Stetson designed the hat based on Mexican vaqueros hats. According to the National Cowboy Museum, the hat went through several designs before landing on the classic look we know today. It became popular in the late 19th and early 20th centuries for its durability, but few people wore it during the Wild West era.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

Cowboy Hats Were Not Popular

The Stetson hat is better known by the name “cowboy hat.” It is so ubiquitous in Western films that people may think every cowboy wore them. In reality, cowboys rarely wore that hat. It wasn’t even designed until 1865.

American actor James Dean poses for a movie wearing a cowboy hat.

John B. Stetson designed the hat based on Mexican vaqueros hats. According to the National Cowboy Museum, the hat went through several designs before landing on the classic look we know today. It became popular in the late 19th and early 20th centuries for its durability, but few people wore it during the Wild West era.

That's right. Most wore felt derby hats with wide brims. Working cowboys would widen the the normally curved up brims by steaming the felt and flattening the brim so it offered more protection from the sun and rain. Older derbys or bowlers would flatten out just from wear, but for photos, most cowboys tended to wear new bowler hats if they could.  Cowboys cared about function more than looks when they were out on the range. Many wore fur hats in colder weather, and a lot of them wore vaquero (sombrero type hats) for the vicious sun in the south. :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..