Member Title

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

Remind me again how to alter the automatic title which appears on our profile page under the reputation count. I have changed it in my "Account Settings," "Member Title," but it doesn't stick. 

Thanks in advance

Edited by AC Benus
  • Site Administrator
  • Solution

To edit your Member Title, do this. 

1. Go to your profile
  2. Click Edit Profile
  3. Change first box to title of your choice
  4. Scroll to bottom of page and hit Save

The reputation level is not editable.

Well, somebody changed what I had put in in the Member Title box, but that not withstanding, it does not matter.

2021-05-17.png.c9235ba692162c7938fe7663fa2d705d.png

The automatic member title below the rep count stayed the same.

1345951279_2021-05-17(1).png.403ea81f25d4b64b7cd5c8b255e20212.png

I guess the question is - where does the member title display ? It's not seen in chapter comments or on your profile, but it's shown under your name in forum posts like this one. The community reputation 'title' must be something different. I have the same 'Master Scribe 2nd Class' that you do. It must be related to the amount of reputation you have, since people with more and less rep have different titles (e.g. Grand Master, Adept).

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2
48 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

I guess the question is - where does the member title display ? It's not seen in chapter comments or on your profile, but it's shown under your name in forum posts like this one. The community reputation 'title' must be something different. I have the same 'Master Scribe 2nd Class' that you do. It must be related to the amount of reputation you have, since people with more and less rep have different titles (e.g. Grand Master, Adept).

Yes, Tim, but there was a way to change it before

Are we talking about "rank" ( mine is lead mare) or "community reputation" ( mine is also master scribe 2nd class).

The rank is the one can be changed after attaining a pre determined rep level.

Edited by Kitt
  • Site Administrator
41 minutes ago, AC Benus said:

Yes, Tim, but there was a way to change it before

No there wasn't.

This is the Member Title that is editable:

image.png

1 hour ago, Timothy M. said:

The community reputation 'title' must be something different.

That would be called "Reputation Level" in the software.  The reputation level is not and has never been user defined.  It's defined at the site level and really only shown on the profile.

image.png

1 hour ago, AC Benus said:

Well, somebody changed what I had put in in the Member Title box

Well, somebody reported a non-issue and some administrator who has had a VERY long day went in to verify the site was not having a problem.  Fortunately the site was fine. 👍  Since you clearly followed the instructions, you could have just set it back or to something else?

• Like 1
On 9/20/2013 at 8:58 AM, Daddydavek said:

Since members can change their own title at 500 forum posts, they can just change it if they don't care for the one assigned.  I think AJ's original idea has some merit but I too vote to not include an unlike button that subtracts points.  If someone wants to criticize, write a review or PM the the person.  That being said, criticism with a bit of humor is the preferred method of torture. 

So, anyone try to switch their member title after the big platform switch?

19 hours ago, AC Benus said:

So, anyone try to switch their member title after the big platform switch?

yep, just done it

Profile - Edit Profile (greyed box upper right - not very prominent!) - Member Title - enter new name or text or whatever - click Save bottom right

Job done :)

49 minutes ago, Zombie said:

yep, just done it

Profile - Edit Profile (greyed box upper right - not very prominent!) - Member Title - enter new name or text or whatever - click Save bottom right

Job done :)

And that works for you? I see your profile still has the automatic one assigned per your rep count

20 minutes ago, AC Benus said:

And that works for you? I see your profile still has the automatic one assigned per your rep count

so “member title” doesn’t mean the text under your name - which for you shows as “Member” and for me as “Callidus est optimus” ?

• Site Administrator
6 minutes ago, Zombie said:

so “member title” doesn’t mean the text under your name - which for you shows as “Member” and for me as “Callidus est optimus” ?

It does, as shown in the graphic I posted above. @AC Benus seems to think that the Reputation level is changeable by a member. It is not. Reputation levels are global and are related to Scribe Guild rankings.

@AC Benus

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

@AC Benusit finally occurred to me that you are probably thinking of the old Member Rank that was automatic based on post count. Member Title didreplace that in the same place as member title currently exists. Reputation is a separate system and never had a manual setting. We removed member ranks some time ago in favor of allowing members to title themselves. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Zombie said:

Under your name on your page it shows "Members" (with an "s" for some reason). Under your rep score, some random drivel. Callidus est optimus may appear here with your name but not on your page anywhere. This whole thread from before the platform switch is about getting to 500 rep count and then being able to customize your title below the rep score; a common and very well-known GA feature. Looks like that's gone away, so wanted to know if anyone's had success with it since the switch. 

Thank you, Zombie. You're a peach to let me know how things worked out for you

https://gayauthors.org/forums/topic/37663-member-ranks-and-reputation-levels/?tab=comments#comment-1067420

Edited by AC Benus
  • Site Administrator
33 minutes ago, AC Benus said:

some random drivel. Callidus est optimus may appear here with your name but not on your page anywhere. This whole thread from before the platform switch is about getting to 500 rep count and then being able to customize your title below the rep score; a common and very well-known GA feature. Looks like that's gone away, so wanted to know if anyone's had success with it since the switch. 

"Some random drivel" Tell us how you really feel. Super respectful, there. The member reputation level titles were NEVER editable. You're mixing up the names of things, and it has nothing to do with anything that was once an option (it wasn't) or that we changed (we didn't). 

Maybe try to check the FAQ when you have questions before you revive extremely OLD topics when the forums were updated and changed many times by IP Board (not us, remember, we only customize Stories). What you can edit on your profile is clearly explained in one topic and there's even another topic that shows all the reputation levels and titles. 

How do I edit what appears on my profile?

What is Reputation? What are Reputation Titles/Levels?

• Like 4

I notice that when editing my profile, my catchphrase "Too terrified to publish" appears in a box labeled "Member Title," whereas on my profile it appears in the "About BigBen" sidebar (to the left of the screen) labeled "Rank."  When I post, it appears unlabeled just under my name.

The "Community Reputation" sidebar to the left of the screen describes me as "Journeyman Scribe 2nd Class."

At the top of my profile, under the name "BigBen," the word "Members" also appears.  I assume that's the group to which I belong.

I hope this helps resolve some of the confusion.