16 hours ago, Slytherin said:

Football Acting GIF by happydog

14 hours ago, Backwoods Boy said:

LMAO!  Now, this could perhaps be interpreted several ways, but I see it as a disagreement over the definition of "football".  How far off am I?

It’s called “diving”, an execrable practice that’s infected the game :angry: “ ‘Diving’ is an attempt by a player to gain an unfair advantage by falling to the ground and, often, feigning injury to give the impression that a foul has been committed. Dives are often used to exaggerate the amount of contact made during a challenge. ” so LBO’s gif was v funny :funny:

oops, nearly forgot…

SNATCH!

:joe: :gikkle:

• Haha 3
15 hours ago, Backwoods Boy said:

LMAO!  Now, this could perhaps be interpreted several ways, but I see it as a disagreement over the definition of "football".  How far off am I?

I have never watched american football :) I love soccer (or football as we call it)

:hug:  :joe: :hug: 

soccer penguins GIF

Edited by Slytherin
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Zombie said:

It’s called “diving”, an execrable practice that’s infected the game :angry: “ ‘Diving’ is an attempt by a player to gain an unfair advantage by falling to the ground and, often, feigning injury to give the impression that a foul has been committed. Dives are often used to exaggerate the amount of contact made during a challenge. ” so LBO’s gif was v funny :funny:

oops, nearly forgot…

SNATCH!

:joe: :gikkle:

Thanks for the explanation.  Though I favor "soccer" over "American football" - as a youth sport and from a spectator perspective -  I wasn't aware of this phenomenon.

• Like 3