[Jack Frost] Moving On

The plot against Adrien was utterly hilarious! Can't wait to see how that pans out.

I predict dire fallout as a result of the drunken 4, and the comments about the politics hit just the right note with me; great realism in that.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that chapter was totally naughty! :devil: I absolutely loved it! :2thumbs::wub:

Ok, a riddle....What's better than a pool party? :music::great::wub:

Finally, an author who knows what adventure is all about! I just can't wait to see how Adrien will try to squirm his way out of this one. Then there's Ben...how will he take advantage of the situation? Boy sucette, indeed. :lmao:

From my point of view, this must have been a difficult chapter to write. It just strikes me that having a foursome scene with our 2 lovers, Ben and Steph, coming out of it with their relationship intact, must have been a challenge. As an author, you took on a big risk. Well done, Jack! :worship:

By the way, the ending unquestionably qualifies as a cliffhanger! :lol:

Conner

For French beginners trying to sound out the French 'u', here's a trick.

Pucker up your lips, like for a kiss or to whistle, then try saying the English 'e' as in tree, keeping the pucker in place.

Conner

For French beginners trying to sound out the French 'u', here's a trick.

Pucker up your lips, like for a kiss or to whistle, then try saying the English 'e' as in tree, keeping the pucker in place.

Conner

That's Moli

Julien: the J is pronounced as in English, without the [d] sound [dʒu:ljən] for Julian [ʒyljɛ̃] for Julien

One of the problems in the link you give is that the sound clips are way too short. There are many places where you will get more sounds in context. BTW Talon Rider gave the link to readplease.com, a software to review text that reads it aloud, and you can download electronic voices. For all it's worth, they're not too bad reading text out loud, so for you language learners, you might want to have a look.

Yes. I refrained from using IPA because it will confuse people, so I tried using other ways. The link was a good copy from Google...I didn't even check them out. ;)

That's Moli

Really great pics, Jack. Well done!

There's one, I believe, taken on Ille Ste Helene, with the big globe-like structure in the background. Did you know that that structure, when first built, was the USA pavillion at Expo 67 (World Exposition 1967)? 1967 was also Canada's centennial year. That brought back a lot of memories. I was in my graduating year of high school. I had purchased a season's student pass and skipped a whole lot of school in May and June to see Expo...before the crowds ever got there. Expo became my personal playground; I felt like I owned the place.

Thanks for that.

Conner

And nothing like hating on another part of the country, kinda like what we likes to do with New Jersey and West Virginia :P

Hey, I LIKE New Jersey and West Virginia, two of my favorite states; even though I've never lived in either one, they're great places to visit--the first for my many friends, and the second for great scenery and music.

--Rigel

• Site Administrator

And nothing like hating on another part of the country

Yikes!!! And you even went so far as to pick Toronto :thumbdown:

TO is probably hated by 29 million of 33 million Canadians! Especially us rednecks from Alberta :D

Excellent Chapter Jack! The hockey game made it that much better for me, not enough hockey in stories it seems.

So, the question is with Adriens' non-label sexual status, and it seems the other four guys laissez-faire attitude, could we have an interesting scene before Steph and Ben head home to the states?

Yikes!!! And you even went so far as to pick Toronto :thumbdown:

TO is probably hated by 29 million of 33 million Canadians! Especially us rednecks from Alberta :D

So, the question is with Adriens' non-label sexual status, and it seems the other four guys laissez-faire attitude, could we have an interesting scene before Steph and Ben head home to the states?

Toronto bashing is at least something most of Canada share in common. That and making stupid jokes about the Newfies. :D

As for your last question you'll see in a due time. ;)

Thanks guys.

I wasn't trying to be cool.

Well, sorry...but it was't the first time I did that. Outside the offensive context, they're just expressions with no intent to offend anyone. What's the difference? We all do that... People just choose to be offended over certain words... Some words may sound nothing to some people but some others would find them offensive. I can't be careful not offending everyone that I don't know.

I was going to PM Jack about this, but thought that the lesson is important for all gay authors to hear.

You should have followed your first inclination and PM'd Jack. Frankly, you really do overstate the circumstance. You do come off well in the self-righteous department, though. Furthermore, your expressed intent to teach other gay authors a lesson is an insult and speaks to a presumptuousness often found amongst the very bigots you seek to chastise.

I wasn't trying to be cool.

Well, sorry...but it was't the first time I did that. Outside the offensive context, they're just expressions with no intent to offend anyone. What's the difference? We all do that... People just choose to be offended over certain words... Some words may sound nothing to some people but some others would find them offensive. I can't be careful not offending everyone that I don't know.

Sorry, Jack, but I shouldn't need to tell you that using the label for a person's heritage, which is something they have absolutely no control over, as a substitute for a derogatory remark is offensive. I shouldn't need to point that out to the readers of gay fiction. Yes, it's very easy to offend blonds, geeks, Canadians and a host of other groups of people, but unless you have been outright hated for being who you are, you can't fathom the effect a few words can have on a person. Hitler rounded up and sent gays to the concentration camps, too.

I didn't choose to be born to Jewish parents and I didn't choose to be offended by your writing. I would have been equally offended if you had used "Latino" to mean someone who is lazy, for example. And please don't presume to speak of all of us when you say "we all do that". If you condone the use of language that's actually pretty antisemitic (even if you don't realize that it is), then how can you expect anyone to respect people who are gay? I'm quite disappointed by your reply because it reflects your own beliefs and not just the ramblings of one of your characters. It's sad that it makes no difference to you. I never thought of you as a person who is insensitive.

You should have followed your first inclination and PM'd Jack. Frankly, you really do overstate the circumstance. You do come off well in the self-righteous department, though. Furthermore, your expressed intent to teach other gay authors a lesson is an insult and speaks to a presumptuousness often found amongst the very bigots you seek to chastise.

I do understand what you're saying, Conner, and any further remarks will be via PM. Perhaps it did come off as a bit self-righteous of me in the way I phrased it, but I still feel that a sensitivity to things that are blatantly offensive to people of certain racial or ethnic backgrounds or of certain sexual orientations is a must for any author. I'm not trying to teach anyone a lesson - I'm asking other authors to be sensitive to the feelings of others. Bigotry in any form degrades a story.