Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

For The Love

• Site Moderator

Graeme said,

That attack was either intended as a distraction to something else going on, or there is another reason the bad guys want Chris and Steve out of action, if not dead.

It could have been a distraction to get Eric out of the area. Who knows, maybe when he left the house that night, he high tailed it to the fundies and now they are trying to get him out of town.

According to my sense of size...I'd call Kingman a small city. :huh: I grew up near an urban area called Wilkes-Barre/Scranton with about 250,000 people all clumped together in small towns and boroughs and two small cities in the valley 15-20 miles long but 3-5 miles wide. It's weird, there is a city called Pittson in that area and it only has 6,000 people...and it's officially a city by name (ask the state that declared it a city, not me). :blink: Wilkes-Barre has 40,000. Scranton has 75,000, but to me they're small compared to Philadelphia (1.5 million) and Pittsburgh (315,000), the state's two biggest cities. So I live near the fourth largest urban area in the whole state and I go there all the time. My school was there. I shop there... I guess I'm not as isolated as our dear boys in For The Love. :sheep: But still, traffic jams are so rare there despite the population. :P

So CJ, am I still a small town...more like small village kid since my community is just a speck in the middle of forests and mountains with no shops, one stone church, and the rest houses. :unsure:

Welcome to New Worlder talks. If you Old Worlders can't take it, leave the kitchen. :P

There are incorporated cities in Arizona with far smaller populations than 6k! I can think of a few with under a thousand, and a couple of them are county seats. One has a population of about 400.

Kingman sounds similar to Willkes-barr in a few ways; one is that the Kingman area is actually a cluster of cities. The incorporated city itself has a population of about 20k, but within 20 miles there are another 20k people. (in winter, at least).

I drive almost every day, but I haven't seen a traffic light (let alone traffic) this month. (compared to me, Chris and Steve live in the big city). :lol:

Thanks for all the personal info, Jack. It will make the abductor's job much easier.

And New-Worlders VS. Old-Worlders? Trying to bring dissent again? ;) No, I'm just waiting for a moderator to bring things back on topic. From my experience, being random doesn't have to do with which side of the Atlantic you're on.

BTW, thanks for dedicating 5% of your post to FTL. That's more than this one.

:lmao:

Yes, thanks Jack! We still plan on selling you... :devil:

And a Moderator to bring things back on topic? Hmmm... Good idea, but where the heck can we find a moderator? They are never around when you need them...

Seriously though, I'm one of the worst offenders for going off-topic, and I know it. The problem is that I usually can't get into speculative discussions about FTL. I sure love reading them, but I can't enter them without spoilers. For example, Graeme has just speculated about the guys being watched. Obviously, I can't comment, aside from my de rigiur 'they either are, or, they aren't'.

But, to bring things back on topic, I'll pose a few facts; Piedmont is roughly based on Seligman, Arizona (home of such fine dining establishments as the roadkill cafe (yes, I'm serous). Lonesome Valley is based on several cities, but very much on a city between Seligman and Flagstaff: Williams, Arizona. Yep, as in Steve's last name. Williams is also the home of the Grand Canyon railway ( railway to the south rim of the GC).

I seriously considered basing FTL in real AZ towns, but the geography would co-operate (I wanted the county seats to have the same names as the county, for simplicity, but that wasn't going to happen in the real world).

I thought we were discussing the story? :blink: Isn't it obvious that the boys are about to be abducted by Wal-Mart operatives, flown to Australia, and forced to work in the new Wal-Mart store there, while battling traffic problems in small towns caused by the boys driving the charger on the wrong side of the road? It all makes perfect sense to me....

I knew there would be a way to get an Echidna into the story... :devil:

Paranoia is good for you....

Yes indeed! :2thumbs:

Et enfin, il y aura un beau probl
I knew I should've written it in Icelandic or Vietnamese. :P

Btw, where I live, there are no traffic lights as well. Gotta love that...who wouldn't think of it. :D

Now, now, Jacques Lagivr

Uh... CJames, are you aware that by thus agreeing the French version of Jack in gender, you're actually mocking his manhood? It's been one of his usual taunts, but it's mean... It's nasty... It's base... I love it!

But Bondwriter, would a quiet, shy, and retiring forum lurker such as myself say such a thing intentionally? :ph34r:

BTW, it is time to announce the next chapter title! And that means that I'm going to tell y'all the new chapter title. Yes, really I am!

I'm actually going to say what it is.. yup, yup, I really will!

Hmmm, so, should I write a few more paragraphs detailing that I'm going to announce the chapter title, or should I just say that' it's

Fun in the Sun? Hmmm, decisions, decisions... 0:)

• Site Administrator
For moderate traffic, I much prefer European-style traffic circles anyway; no waiting.

I suppose that depends on your definition of "moderate". We have a lot of roundabouts here in Australia and they are good for light traffic, but to say "no waiting" is an exaggaration.

Uh... CJames, are you aware that by thus agreeing the French version of Jack in gender, you're actually mocking his manhood? It's been one of his usual taunts, but it's mean... It's nasty... It's base... I love it!

Now now now, that was just a last name. Under the French gender rules, last names are an exception since they're passed down through generations regardless of the person's gender. I could be Jacques Vall

I suppose that depends on your definition of "moderate". We have a lot of roundabouts here in Australia and they are good for light traffic, but to say "no waiting" is an exaggaration.

We probably have different definitions of "light traffic." I've driven in Europe before, and I sure do know what you mean. Traffic circles lose some of their utility when the traffic is heavy enough that you have to stop before entering the circle.

Now now now, that was just a last name. Under the French gender rules, last names are an exception since they're passed down through generations regardless of the person's gender. I could be Jacques Vall
BTW, hasn't anyone noticed that Beelzebub has an evil name and an evil disposition? So why no speculation that Beelzebub is the ringleader? Hmmmm... :devil:

(...)"You guys are in deep trouble now!"

I turned around, puzzled that I couldn't link the voice I heard with any of the goons in the mob that had cornered Steve and me and were apparently planning to use their carving knives on us.

Then I saw him. Beelzebub! Beelzebub was an evil talking cat!

"Yup guys, you're right I'm an evil talking cat, and a mind-reading one at that. How do you like them apples?"

The snarl was ghastly. An evil cat's snarl is very, VERY scary.

" You know Eric comes from ehre meaning honor and rik meaning king, don't you? So how do you think he could have been anything but an industrious, honest and benevolent young man? I've pulled the strings from the very beginning, and you dimwits have never suspected me. Slice them, guys, and please mix their meat with tuna before you can it, I'll have food for a few months! Mwah! Ha! Ha" (...)

Good luck keeping your credibility with this one, CJames.

(...)"You guys are in deep trouble now!"

I turned around, puzzled that I couldn't link the voice I heard with any of the goons in the mob that had cornered Steve and me and were apparently planning to use their carving knives on us.

Then I saw him. Beelzebub! Beelzebub was an evil talking cat!

"Yup guys, you're right I'm an evil talking cat, and a mind-reading one at that. How do you like them apples?"

The snarl was ghastly. An evil cat's snarl is very, VERY scary.

" You know Eric comes from ehre meaning honor and rik meaning king, don't you? So how do you think he could have been anything but an industrious, honest and benevolent young man? I've pulled the strings from the very beginning, and you dimwits have never suspected me. Slice them, guys, and please mix their meat with tuna before you can it, I'll have food for a few months! Mwah! Ha! Ha" (...)

Hey, I like that!!!

That could work... It might even fit in with a scene I had planned;

Beelzebub downshifted as he approached one of Lonesome Valley's two stoplights, easing the big eighteen wheeler to a halt. As he wated for the light, Beelzebub looked down the disheveled road, releived to see that the Lonesome Valley Sheriff's department appeared unaware of the approaching threat. The light changed to green as Beelzebub ground the gears, roughly shifting into first before stomping on the gas. As the massive truck slowly but inexorably accelerated, belching clouds of roiling black smoke, Beelezebub checked the multicolored wiring harness, flicking the arming switch that controled the pumps. As the tanker truck labored through thirty miles per hour, Beelzebub flicked the glowing switch, causing the pumps to dispense the deadly cargo at a rate of three thousand gallons per miniute. Sifting into third gear, Beelzebub roared through downtown Lonesome Valley, the truck steadily gaining momentum, releved as it was of the encumbering weight of ten thousand gallons of high-level radiacive waste...

Hey, I like that!!!

That could work... It might even fit in with a scene I had planned;

Beelzebub downshifted as he approached one of Lonesome Valley's two stoplights, easing the big eighteen wheeler to a halt. As he wated for the light, Beelzebub looked down the disheveled road, releived to see that the Lonesome Valley Sheriff's department appeared unaware of the approaching threat. The light changed to green as Beelzebub ground the gears, roughly shifting into first before stomping on the gas. As the massive truck slowly but inexorably accelerated, belching clouds of roiling black smoke, Beelezebub checked the multicolored wiring harness, flicking the arming switch that controled the pumps. As the tanker truck labored through thirty miles per hour, Beelzebub flicked the glowing switch, causing the pumps to dispense the deadly cargo at a rate of three thousand gallons per miniute. Sifting into third gear, Beelzebub roared through downtown Lonesome Valley, the truck steadily gaining momentum, releved as it was of the encumbering weight of ten thousand gallons of high-level radiacive waste...

This calls for a cross-over with Nexis's superheroes.:

(...)Beelzebub was laughing in his evil high-pitched shriek. He stopped all of a sudden.

"What the f...?"

He felt some shift in the balance of the truck load. The radiactive waste was being put back in! He started pushing the pump switch frantically. Then he felt waves circling around his head. 'Good kitty, nice, nice Kitty' a soft voice was echoing through his head. No, this couldn't be! Not again these darn Brit superheroes he'd been warned about on evilvillainsforum.org!

He tried with all his feline might to struggle against the goodness overpowering him. As he looked into the rearview mirror, knowing full well the object was closer than it appeared, he saw a hunk in pink tights and a similarly hugging nylon costume pushing the radioactive waste back into a tank by just using his hands as if they were a magnet. Hanging out from a Mini Cooper's passenger window, on the vehicle's right, he was also intently looking at the truck's cabin.

"The Brighton Rock! He's for real!"

Then his mind got lost in visions of piles of fish. His foot left the gas pedal as the truck came to a stop.

I must note that your last name is feminine too.

I just hope you will not out my last name as you did with my first one. And yes, my last name ends with an -e. But there are many other elements making it worthy of lots of respect. Case closed. (If you ever escape once you've been made into my personal servant, this new free man status will allow you to release it to the world. Wait until then though ;)

Btw cats don't talk. They scratch your legs.

Talking cats, besides releasing toxic waste, and getting arrested by British superheroes in pink tights, can scratch your legs too. Or give you allergies.

OK, call for new blood.

Your first name is not Jack.

You are in no way acquainted with CJames' gang of beta readers (acknowledged or anonymous)/ editors/ zeta readers.

You're in no manner on CJames' (lucrative) payroll.

You're not a goat.

You're not an echidna.

You have never posted in this thread. You think it's intimidating, since the same people seem to be talking with a huge knowledge of the subject. You may easily get at their level! It's easy and it's fun!

Join the gang!

You'll be more than welcome. Read For the Love (best and most entertaining method) or read the thread (hope you've got aspirin or any substitute under hand) and leave your comments. It will bring good things in your life, bring back your loved one and the wheels of fortune will turn your way.

If you have answered "Yes, it is", "Yes, I am"or "Yes I have" to any of the questions above, keep giving your precious input, and lobby hard to get more people to post into this thread.

I think F and CJ have turned this into an IM for two.

If either of you would care to let the rest of us in on your dialogue...please.

Rofl!

Join in... We were just speculating on whether Beelzebub the cat (who has an evil name and an evil disposition) is the real villain in the story. 0:)

Last comment, I don't consider that as mocking my manhood. And him calling me a nut or screwy is a honor. Je le suis en fait, merci beaucoup.

I must note that your last name is feminine too.

Now I'm off to finish what you did to my story.

I just thoguht I'd give everyone a friendly reminder; no outing of real names, in this thread or anywhere on GA.

I know it is all too easy to do by accident; I've almost used someone's real first name in a post before, due to being used to using it in PM's. Actually, I DID use it, but edited the post when I realized, seconds after posting. That was very much against the rules here at GA, and I kicked myself for doing it, until I saw that they sometimes signed their forum posts that way.

But in any case, this is something that we need to be careful of. :boy:

And Jack, What on earth makes you think that cats don't talk? They can be every bit as talkative as Goats (Even thoguh this particular goat is a shy, quiet, and retiring lurker). 0:):P

I just hope you will not out my last name as you did with my first one. And yes, my last name ends with an -e. But there are many other elements making it worthy of lots of respect. Case closed. (If you ever escape once you've been made into my personal servant, this new free man status will allow you to release it to the world. Wait until then though ;)

Talking cats, besides releasing toxic waste, and getting arrested by British superheroes in pink tights, can scratch your legs too. Or give you allergies.

OK, call for new blood.

Your first name is not Jack.

You are in no way acquainted with CJames' gang of beta readers (acknowledged or anonymous)/ editors/ zeta readers.

You're in no manner on CJames' (lucrative) payroll.

You're not a goat.

You're not an echidna.

You have never posted in this thread. You think it's intimidating, since the same people seem to be talking with a huge knowledge of the subject. You may easily get at their level! It's easy and it's fun!

Join the gang!

You'll be more than welcome. Read For the Love (best and most entertaining method) or read the thread (hope you've got aspirin or any substitute under hand) and leave your comments. It will bring good things in your life, bring back your loved one and the wheels of fortune will turn your way.

If you have answered "Yes, it is", "Yes, I am"or "Yes I have" to any of the questions above, keep giving your precious input, and lobby hard to get more people to post into this thread.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, um, shhhhh about the payroll. Oh, and please don't mention that you recently demanded a cash bribe, either. :ph34r:

Old Bob already mentioned Bondwriter's first name before me, so it was too late.

I wouldn't tell his last name however...since it hasn't been revealed...obviously due to privacy reasons. 0:)

Cats scratching my legs speak enough.

I wonder how the boys are going to camp in the middle of the desert? Few hours in the desert sun without water can cook you fast.

Btw, now I've been on GA for a year now. Go me! :D

I wouldn't tell his last name however...since it hasn't been revealed...obviously due to privacy reasons. 0:)

Cats scratching my legs speak enough.

I wonder how the boys are going to camp in the middle of the desert? Few hours in the desert sun without water can cook you fast.

Btw, now I've been on GA for a year now. Go me! :D

Happy GA anniversary, Jack! :2thumbs:

As to how they will camp in the desert, the place they are going is called "hidden springs". Thik about what sort of terrain that implies. ;)

• Site Moderator

Cats can talk to you in their own way. Beelzebub reminds me of a cat a cousin of mine had years ago. This cat, you couldn't even look at without something happening. She lived up to her name very easily, Miss Asster.

Jan

Cats, Echidna, Goats, and what else?

This is not a story, it is a menagerie!!!

And I suppose in the next chapter, we will meet snakes and scorpions, or even a cougar or a mountain lion (also named panther, catamount, painter, American lion, Mexican lion, Florida panther, silver lion, red lion, red panther, red tiger, brown tiger, deer tiger, ghost cat, mountain screamer, Indian devil, sneak cat, king cat, and painted cat).

BTW, I checked Wiki and I found that you can also call them Bobcat (The Bobcat is a carnivorous animal which will hunts anything from insects and small rodents to large deer, but often shows a preference for rabbits and hares).

Bobcat......, that could be my totem :P

And now back to the story :read:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..