Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

For The Love

Hey, you cannt write a thriller without guns :thumbdown:

It would be soooo funny if Betty would get the opportunity to use her "chinese" Kalashnikov :2thumbs:

And BTW, thanks JC and Jack Frost, I got to write my 400th post :great:

Congratulations on your 400th! :2thumbs:

Eric was shivering in the cold of the desert night. But worse of all, he felt cold in his heart. Not that he had any remorse, no. But he felt like a complete failure. He had looked at the spreadsheet every night for the last few weeks.

"By the time I turn 21, I'll be able to retire and live off the return on the investment of my ill-gained money. Certainly having poor workers, possibly children, working 15-hour days for me!"

The mere thought was enough to cause him a little erection (unlike his brother, he was not very well-endowed, which caused him to suffer a lack of self-esteem.)

He heard an engine approaching. The sound was this of his only friend now: the Piedmont Sheriff! Had Eric been a little bit more knowledgeable in Doors, he'd have known it was his only friend, the End: as the Piedmont Sheriff got down from his dark vehicle, he asked:

"Got the Data Stick, kid?"

"Nope, my queer brother got me in trouble and..."

The thud of the gun resounded through the empty valley.

The sheriff approached with his heavy gait. He turned the body around with his boot tip. Another blast echoed through the empty space. The body jerked. Was it from the blast or from a final spasm as the spinal cord was svered by the bullet?

"Gotta make sure the little shit won't rat me out. Too bad, this was some fine nice piece of ass. I'll have to find another one. It sucks."

He'd have spat on the mess that had been Eric's head a few minutes earlier, but no DNA had to be found in case the coyotes and the birds of prey, and the countless creepy-crawlies didn't do the job of cleaning up the crime scene. But the sheriff trusted Nature.

As he climbed aboard his vehicle, the words of the famous 80s philosopher Nikki Sixx ran through his mind. "When you play with the Devil, your day will come to pay..."

Awww, poor Eric! :,(

Nobody seems to understand that he's just being industrious and creative. And, true, he may have children working in a factory one day, but I'll bet he'd be fair and even have his own children laboring away in the sweatshop.

BTW, congratulations on your 400th post, too! :2thumbs:

What is important is not the number of posts. You and me have an habit to post only when we have something important to say, not as other postalcoholics do :P

OTHER postaholics? You just admitted being one then! :P

Old Bob and Fran
Edited by C James

The goats are up to overcome the human race. In this thread, human teenagers can die in car accidents, get shot, or the most evil of them are seen as saints, and the mere alignment of two disconnected nouns and an adjective, without a verb is immediately given a warning with this especially designed emoticon just for goats. Goat, grab, grind... :devil:

The goats are up to overcome the human race. In this thread, human teenagers can die in car accidents, get shot, or the most evil of them are seen as saints, and the mere alignment of two disconnected nouns and an adjective, without a verb is immediately given a warning with this especially designed emoticon just for goats. Goat, grab, grind... :devil:

OK, who blabbed? :angry:

And "most evil of them"? Surely you aren't maligning dear, sweet Eric again? 0:)

But, Bondwriter, it simply can't be that Goats have evil intent. Goats are nice, shy, quiet creatures. Well, it is true that I'm a lurker, and in some circles lurkers are maligned, but it must always be remembered: it isn't easy to type with cloven hooves.

this means that there will still be a posting hiatus for FTL, but it will only last from

12am on Tuesday to 12:01 am the same day, instead of the previously feared days or weeks.

My sincere thanks to everyone!

Hey CJ

no needs to thanks :blink:

We thank you for your punctuality :2thumbs:

Unfortunately, your local time 12:01 means 19: 01 for me. That means that I have 7 hours more to wait :o

Poor Europeans :huh:

Hey CJ

no needs to thanks :blink:

We thank you for your punctuality :2thumbs:

Unfortunately, your local time 12:01 means 19: 01 for me. That means that I have 7 hours more to wait :o

Poor Europeans :huh:

Well, it's up now, sorry about the time zone problems.

Thanks! :wub:

Are you kidding? American people get the hours almost everybody has already used! Look at Graeme, the lucky one: he always knows whose birthday it is in advance. So let's chant: I'm glad and I'm proud to be an European! :)

Yes, Graeme sees things on Monday that are posted on Tuesday, due to the dateline between here and Australia. I've often asked him to send me a copy of my posted chapters on Monday, so I'd have then a day before posting, with no need to write them, but he just isn't agreeable for some reason. He says the date line would have them arriving here on Tuesday, but, he could always sent them to me by routing them west instead of east, thus avoiding the dateline. :sheep:

BTW, Chapter 21, "down the Barrel," is posted. :)

Yes, Graeme sees things on Monday that are posted on Tuesday, due to the dateline between here and Australia. I've often asked him to send me a copy of my posted chapters on Monday, so I'd have then a day before posting, with no need to write them, but he just isn't agreeable for some reason. He says the date line would have them arriving here on Tuesday, but, he could always sent them to me by routing them west instead of east, thus avoiding the dateline. :sheep:

Wait, isn't it a day ahead on that side of the dateline? Wouldn't it be Wednesday there when you post on Tuesday here? Not real helpful to you in that case... :funny:

• Site Administrator

Ignoring the comments about the international dateline and why I refuse to send CJ his chapters before he posts them....

I liked chapter 21. The opening scene was handled well. I would personally have used something different to what Chris had said, such as, "Sure, but you're first and which of your mates do you want to be the second?" but what he said was effective which is the only important thing.

I can appreciate why Steve's dad is taking his wife away for a few days, but a patrol car going past every hour isn't sufficient. You can't tell the difference between a quiet house and one with a dead body (or two) inside. I'm half-expecting that the house will be burgled/trashed -- which won't be spotted by a drive-by.

Thanks, CJ!

• Site Moderator

Very good chapter CJ. About the only thing I want to add is, I hope the guy's are keeping an eye on the rear view mirrors while they are heading out of town. Who knows who may be watching them at the moment.

Jan

A wonderful chapter and finally no cliffhanger.

Amen! Would have liked to have seen a little blood and guts...but then that's going out too far on a limb.

Is Eric going to appear in the camping area? That little slime is lurking somewhere and I suspect that he's monitoring the guy's movements.

The lawyer is a nice addition to the story. Can't imagine why working in D.C. would push him to find a more sane environment. A place with a rush hour traffic of two or three vehicles would be a pleasant change...expecially since he has his own husband in tow.

A good read.

Jack B)

Wait, isn't it a day ahead on that side of the dateline? Wouldn't it be Wednesday there when you post on Tuesday here? Not real helpful to you in that case... :funny:

Hmmm, you are right! They ARE a day ahead. So that means that Monday there is Tuesday here. Therefor, Graeme is seeing my chapters on a Monday. If he would then send me said chapter on our Monday, I'd have it a day early and wouldn't have to write it.

I do hope you realize that it's your fault that I am looking at this option... It's all due to that silly rule you have of not sending me an edited, completed chapter before I have written it... For example, I'd really, really like to have an edited, completed chapter 25 to look at right now, but you won't send me one until I write it and send it to you.

:P

Ignoring the comments about the international dateline and why I refuse to send CJ his chapters before he posts them....

I liked chapter 21. The opening scene was handled well. I would personally have used something different to what Chris had said, such as, "Sure, but you're first and which of your mates do you want to be the second?" but what he said was effective which is the only important thing.

I can appreciate why Steve's dad is taking his wife away for a few days, but a patrol car going past every hour isn't sufficient. You can't tell the difference between a quiet house and one with a dead body (or two) inside. I'm half-expecting that the house will be burgled/trashed -- which won't be spotted by a drive-by.

Thanks Greame!!!

I'm not quite sure why you won't discuss your reluctance to send me chapters... :unsure: You are confusing this poor goat... :unsure:

Your version of Chris' line is excelent, though the word "mates" would ring decidedly strange in the US Southwest. I like the idea of Chris having Redhead choose who gets the second one, though. :2thumbs:

What strikes me as decidedly odd is that someone (Redhead in this case) would be inclined to argue while staring down the barrel of a gun. But, I have seen this in real life, and though I find it incomprehensible, I have seen it more than once, so I used it.

It wasn
Edited by C James
A wonderful chapter and finally no cliffhanger. Thanks for the break from another suspense. :P

I can't wait to see that lawyer grill the fundies!

What? Me, use a cliffhanger? I never use cliffhangers! 0:)

Thanks Jack!

Very good chapter CJ. About the only thing I want to add is, I hope the guy's are keeping an eye on the rear view mirrors while they are heading out of town. Who knows who may be watching them at the moment.

Thanks Jan!!!

Amen! Would have liked to have seen a little blood and guts...but then that's going out too far on a limb.

The lawyer is a nice addition to the story. Can't imagine why working in D.C. would push him to find a more sane environment. A place with a rush hour traffic of two or three vehicles would be a pleasant change...expecially since he has his own husband in tow.

A good read.

Jack B)

Thanks Jack!!

Yes, the DC beltway would not be condusive to sanity. LoL.

Of course, one huge problem that people moving to small places often discover; they miss city conveniences, like good stores and restaurants. But it does have its advantages, such as the traffic situation. LoL.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..