[Jack Scribe] Life's a Grind

Charlie was great! A believable connection.

Charlie, though, is darn lucky that their little, um, "problem deflation" occurred in Illinois, because some states that would get him put behind bars (Jeremy is still a few weeks from his 18th, right?).

Charlie is a cool guy and I did research legalities before writing the "problem deflation" solution. Jeremy at this point is a few weeks away from turning 18.

Gio can't keep his peter in his pants (as Nick so delicately put it)...but that's another chapter. 0:)

Jack B)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie was great! A believable connection.

Charlie, though, is darn lucky that their little, um, "problem deflation" occurred in Illinois, because in some states that would get him put behind bars (Jeremy is still a few weeks from his 18th, right?).

Don't worry, CJames. I doubt Jeremy will go around telling everyone what happened with Charlie.

Oh, and dare I point out: I saw more references to coffee. :devil:

Yes, he has THREE cups, and then declines one that's nicely offered. Something about being wired already. There's definitely something brewing here.

Gio can't keep his peter in his pants (as Nick so delicately put it)...but that's another chapter.

No average male can keep his peter in his pants; it has to be removed several times a day for the release of some basic urges. As for Gio being unfaithful once again, let's no jump hastily to unsavoury conclusions: maybe he just needs his hair removed too. Up to this point he just rang the buzzer.

I liked the way this chapter worked out!

I thought that Jeremy was going to have to "break the news" but Gio spared him the trouble. Zach certainly made the right choice (overdue IMHO).

And I note the presence of a coffee table... Bondwriter, I think you are right: something is brewing...

The story's nicely moving along. Could Jeremy and Charlie possibly develop some relationship down the road?

On the coffee conspiracy front: did you know there is a Gio coffee table? And a Gio's Coffee outlet in Bangkok? We're still on the trail, Jack, so watch out!

Charlie, Tommy, Robert... Though Robert can be ruled out as the old friend/ f... buddy, as these guys elegantly put it, we still have two pretenders to win Jeremy's heart and thong's content. June was nice, since there hasn't been a very high number of female characters so far. Another pleasing chapter.

No mention WHATSOEVER of coffee, except if you consider Evian can be used to make coffee. This leaves me even more puzzled than before.

I really liked the photo shoot. One part stood out especially, the use of "barked". Very evocotive, and an excelent choice. :2thumbs:

No mention WHATSOEVER of coffee, except if you consider Evian can be used to make coffee. This leaves me even more puzzled than before.

Are you familiar with the term "Conspicuous by its absence"? :devil:

I still think he's gonna end up with Robert.

That's my guess too. However, there doesn't seem to be a romantic spark anywhere, yet, but not suprising as he's so newly out to himself.

I still think he's gonna end up with Robert.
That's my guess too. However, there doesn't seem to be a romantic spark anywhere, yet, but not suprising as he's so newly out to himself.

It's really difficult to say. I see your point: Jeremy goes out with the hipper high school crowd, has experiences with entertainment artists, and then eventually finds love and happiness with his childhood friend. That would be sweet, but so far, I didn't see the story heading this way. I'll keep on the look-out for more clues. And for coffee (even when missing).

It's really difficult to say. I see your point: Jeremy goes out with the hipper high school crowd, has experiences with entertainment artists, and then eventually finds love and happiness with his childhood friend. That would be sweet, but so far, I didn't see the story heading this way. I'll keep on the look-out for more clues. And for coffee (even when missing).

Jeremy has packed in several new experiences and is turning 18 in a couple of weeks. He's certainly exploring - safely - the orientation discovery about himself. But he's not a slut...there is a boyfriend in the future and timing is everything. 0:)

I remember winters in Chicago and get a chill thinking about breezes that could blow up his pants legs. The newly-shaved legs would be liability that time of the year. Hope the guy doesn't go comando. Brrr.

Coffee anyone?

Jack B)

Way to go Jeremy! Lots of "bumping and grinding". Kind of a transitional chapter with Jeremy's quiet eighteenth birthday, then this (soft) initiation rite with the Barecats. A nice read, not much more in the sentimental area, though lots of small hints about Charlie, Robert. And the coffee's still conspicuously missing.

Way to go Jeremy! Lots of "bumping and grinding". Kind of a transitional chapter with Jeremy's quiet eighteenth birthday, then this (soft) initiation rite with the Barecats. A nice read, not much more in the sentimental area, though lots of small hints about Charlie, Robert. And the coffee's still conspicuously missing.

Yes indeed! I loved this chapter, especially when Jeremy's sister dropped the bombshell that she would be seeing him perform! ROFL!

Speaking of his 18th birthday, what on earth is an "Onion volcano"?

My hunch is that Jeremy will fall for Robert; the last lines in the chapter certainly hint that he could.

An I, too, noticed that the coffee was conspicuous by its absence. :2thumbs:

Speaking of his 18th birthday, what on earth is an "Onion volcano"?

An I, too, noticed that the coffee was conspicuous by its absence. :2thumbs:

The Onion Volcano is a theatrical cooking presentation on the grill at a teppan-yaki Japanese restaurant. The chef slices a whole onion and then builds a round pyramid, slice by slice. The chef then pours a combination of alcohol (It was sake and vodka at the restaurant I managed) into the cavity. Seconds later, he torches the top of the structure and a large flame shoots out. Then, smoke erupts. Afterwards, the onion is cut up and added to the vegetables.

I think that caffeine will enter the picture very soon. 0:)

The Onion Volcano is a theatrical cooking presentation on the grill at a teppan-yaki Japanese restaurant. The chef slices a whole onion and then builds a round pyramid, slice by slice. The chef then pours a combination of alcohol (It was sake and vodka at the restaurant I managed) into the cavity. Seconds later, he torches the top of the structure and a large flame shoots out. Then, smoke erupts. Afterwards, the onion is cut up and added to the vegetables.

I think that caffeine will enter the picture very soon. 0:)

Wow, that "Onion Volcano" sounds like quite a show!

Looking forward to hearing more of Gio and Zach, too, and I sure hope Zach doesn't take Gio back.

The new chapter is up!!! On a Wednesday, no less!

Very interesting, a definite meeting of the minds between two characters (I'm being vague here as the chapter is newly up)

Jeremy was very fortunate that his feelings were reciprocated. :2thumbs:

And I did indeed note the substitution of Chamomile for Coffee. 0:)

The new chapter is up!!! On a Wednesday, no less!

I'm experimenting with a better day - if there is one - to post a story. I sometimes wonder if the weekend is not a good time because of everyone's away-from-home activities and the volume of other stories. In a sense, all authors are competing for the reader's limited, valuable down-time.

Any thoughts concerning this topic are appreciated. (Jack typed, as he shamelessly pandered to the readers 0:) ) Oh, feel free to share your thoughts about the new chapter. :read:

Jack B)

Oh, feel free to share your thoughts about the new chapter. :read:

I wanted to share an email I received concerning Chapter 12. Sometimes, when I'm writing a scene, I wonder what sort of thoughts/questions/reactions will go through the reader's mind and how it will be interpreted. Did I communicate clearly what I wanted the reader to take away? I think I really was on target with this chapter.

"WOW! You captured the questions that I guess everyone had before they found out that the other person is special and reciprocates the feeling. Thanks, for bringing back that memory...when we were so scared about someone's reaction."

Jack B)

I wanted to share an email I received concerning Chapter 12. Sometimes, when I'm writing a scene, I wonder what sort of thoughts/questions/reactions will go through the reader's mind and how it will be interpreted. Did I communicate clearly what I wanted the reader to take away? I think I really was on target with this chapter.

"WOW! You captured the questions that I guess everyone had before they found out that the other person is special and reciprocates the feeling. Thanks, for bringing back that memory...when we were so scared about someone's reaction."

Jack B)

That (the questions) was very well done, especially the fear of rejection and the rationalizations thereof. :2thumbs:

Well, the other hooved one is joining this thread. I love this story, Jack! :worship::2thumbs:

How could I not enjoy a story that has the word 'avuncular" in it? :P Yes, I had to look that one up.

Enough with the coffee already, CJ! Mind you, there is a lot of percolating going on! 0:)B)

I think Jer's sister is an absolute sweetheart (curious, though, I've forgotten her name :wacko: ). I'm looking forward to she and Charlie meeting up again. Even though they never had sex, Charlie might still be a little embarassed. :2thumbs:

Jeremy most definitely has the world by the tail right now...which means, of couse, that some shit is gonna happen soon enough. Sometimes I think that authors just don't like happy. :angry: I mean, what's the attraction that authors have for lust, greed, ego, fear, envy, betrayal, etc??? :blink::thumbdown:

Give me a story with male strippers and pool parties!!! :wub:B):P:lmao:

Humbly posted,

Conner

How could I not enjoy a story that has the word 'avuncular" in it? :P Yes, I had to look that one up.

Give me a story with male strippers and pool parties!!! :wub:B):P:lmao:

Nice to have you with us, Connor.

Actually, I think the worthy editor, Trab, offered that word. I think I had to look it up, also.

Funny you should mention 'pool parties'. Last weekend I met a couple of new homeowners (an LA gay couple - a second home) at the HOA meeting. I knew several others would sipping and swimming later in the afternoon, so I invited them to come over to the pool and meet new neighbors. Well, everybody showed up and some of the guys knew mutual friends. One of the new condo owners was talking about photography as I walked over. I asked "what kind of photography?"

He looked at me, paused as replied "Adult entertainment," and went on to give me a 'matter of fact' rundown about his job. :great: He was traveling to S.F. on Monday to do a Falcon shoot and Wednesday to take videos and stills for one of those amateur straight guy sites. I've only heard about them. 0:)

Jeremy will be performing on stage in the next chapter...and cappucino re-enters the picture. Stay tuned.

Jack B)

Chapter 13 was just great, Jack! :worship:

Hmmmm, yes, coffee imagery right there in the opening scene. :lol: You never disappoint, Jack! :P

I'd love a job at this dance theatre. I could be the towel and talc boi! B):P

In real life, I hate it when friends arrange "meetings"; they're almost always disasterous. In stories, there's more control over the outcome. Mind you, that control only resides in the hands of the authour. I'm hoping Zack and Will hit it off. Although, it might be a little too soon for Zack.

I remember wondering how Jer was gonna handle the Charlie - Gio issue with Zack. Jer used the straight forward honest approach. In situations like this, I prefer to lie first...at least, then, I have something to fall back on. :P:lmao:

So, tell me, why is men's night just once a month? Sounds like the dancers would enjoy doubling up on that...with fewer scratches to boot. :D

The story is going very well right now. Everyone's happy, with the possible exception of Gio. So, Jack, when do plan on knocking us down and ripping our hearts out? :lol: I'm speaking metaphorically, of course. 0:)

Conner

I thought the match-making was sweet. I also loved the way Jer leveled with Zach. That worked great!

And Cappuccino? Heavy-duty caffeine! LoL

I loved the club scene, and Rebecca's planned visit could prove interesting, resulting in Jer's "outing" at school as an exotic dancer.

The story is going very well right now. Everyone's happy, with the possible exception of Gio. So, Jack, when do plan on knocking us down and ripping our hearts out? :lol: I'm speaking metaphorically, of course. 0:)

Conner

Howdy Conner!

I agree, I am waiting for the other shoe to drop... :2thumbs:

Nice chapter, and yes, it does open with cappucino; we could not avoid seeing it. Why should it all go wrong? Everybody seems to be quite nice. I'd still like to see Jeremy have a lady he knows come up to the show unexpected. What about the retirment party of one of his school teachers, with all the school's female staff in the front row? I'm not sure he'd be the most embarrassed.

By the way, both CJames and Nickolas James lost the bet on who Jeremy was going to go out with. *sniggers to infuriate the Jameses*

And Cappuccino? Heavy-duty caffeine! LoL

There is a lot of caffeine in this story. Guess the Starbuck's guy knew something when he set out to have a shop on literally every corner. :P

Oh, Connor, I do understand that there is a job opening at the club for a boi to take care of the towels and thongs. 0:)

Between his classmates - male and female - plus a few others in Jeremy's life, he's going to become very well-known.

Chapter 14 will mark a monumental moment for our young friend.

Jack B)