[Jack Scribe] Life's a Grind

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it, Jack....I really feel for Zach. I honestly think that unless h and Gio get some serious relationship counseling and sty on the same page about their sex lives, there's no saving their relationship. I just hope Gio doesn't/hasn't catch/caught AIDS. :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

I love it, Jack....I really feel for Zach. I honestly think that unless h and Gio get some serious relationship counseling and sty on the same page about their sex lives, there's no saving their relationship. I just hope Gio doesn't/hasn't catch/caught AIDS. :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

My hunch is that Zach should have ended it, BUT, the fact that he didn't is very realistic, unfortunately. But, I absolutely love

I love what he did with the guy's clothes! That was perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very imaginative, and great character development.

I know I'd have been far more inclined to dump the clothes and keys, after putting sugar in the gas tank, but had Zack done that I think he might have come across as less likable than he does.

Jeremy is very intriguing! Sounds darn hot, too! I like the fact that he is being responsible and helping his family.

Off to a great start by the look of it!

CJ

My hunch is that Zach should have ended it, BUT, the fact that he didn't is very realistic, unfortunately. But, I absolutely love

I love what he did with the guy's clothes! That was perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very imaginative, and great character development.

I know I'd have been far more inclined to dump the clothes and keys, after putting sugar in the gas tank, but had Zack done that I think he might have come across as less likable than he does.

Jeremy is very intriguing! Sounds darn hot, too! I like the fact that he is being responsible and helping his family.

Off to a great start by the look of it!

CJ

I agree....actually, come to think of it, I would have keyed the crap out of that Lexus :devil::devil::devil::devil:

I agree....actually, come to think of it, I would have keyed the crap out of that Lexus :devil::devil::devil::devil:

Key the paint? Well, yes, but that's sort of way too nice in my book.

My first question: Is liquid nitrogen handy? If so, get a couple of cans of shaving cream.

Freeze a can of shaving cream and then peel the can away from the

cream. Put the cream into the car. The shaving cream will soon defrost, and two cans will fill an entire car. 3 is better, becuase then the cream is coming out of interesting places. Whipped cream is better but it takes more. (this won't work with a freezer or dry ice freezing; nowhere near cold enough)

I can think of plenty of other tricks to do both with or without liquid nitrogen, but unfortunately most of them qualify as attempted murder (dang, they just won't let people have any fun these days.... )

My hunch is that Zach should have ended it, BUT, the fact that he didn't is very realistic, unfortunately.

Some guys prefer an "open" relationship...but it has to be agreed to by both parties (I'm not in favor of this approach). My suggestion is for Gio to heed to Zach's warning and advice. We'll see if that sinks in. BTW, remind me to tell you the night I innocently went over to a couple's house for dinner and ended up becoming the main course. 0:)

The reason Zach wasn't destructive to the guy's Lexus is because he suspected the "other man" was not been told of the relationship by Gio. His lover had left out those details in the past.

Nicholas, peeing on the carpet? In Chicago, pulling out your willie at night on a dark street during the winter can be a very chilling experience. :blink: :wacko:

Jeremy is a neat, complex guy. Having to accept responsibilities so young and to experience the loving guidance of his two gay uncles has given him a mature edge on his contemporaries.

Does anyone have a clue as to the genesis of the title?

Jack B)

BTW, remind me to tell you the night I innocently went over to a couple's house for dinner and ended up becoming the main course. 0:)
:music: :pickaxe: :devil::wub:

The reason Zach wasn't destructive to the guy's Lexus is because he suspected the "other man" was not been told of the relationship by Gio. His lover had left out those details in the past.

True...true

Nicholas, peeing on the carpet? In Chicago, pulling out your willie at night on a dark street during the winter can be a very chilling experience. :blink: :wacko:

lol.... :lol: We've never been there, so I'll have to take your word for it :)

Jeremy is a neat, complex guy. Having to accept responsibilities so young and to experience the loving guidance of his two gay uncles has given him a mature edge on his contemporaries.

I agree....I really like Jeremy a lot, and I think it's neat to watch his eyes open to his attraction to other guys

Does anyone have a clue as to the genesis of the title?

Well, I got the feeling that the title was related to the busy lives every character in the story seem to be leading

Some guys prefer an "open" relationship...but it has to be agreed to by both parties (I'm not in favor of this approach). My suggestion is for Gio to heed to Zach's warning and advice. We'll see if that sinks in. BTW, remind me to tell you the night I innocently went over to a couple's house for dinner and ended up becoming the main course. 0:)

But he hears the following bits...

From that, and some later parts, it's clear that Zack knows the other guy is aware of the relationship.

I'm sticking with my guess that it is something to do with the coffee industry...

My failure to communicate. I meant that the guy wasn't aware of Gio being in a relationship until...well, things got "insertive." At that point, caution went into a dark cave.

Coffee industry? Hmmm. Only if the beans can boop around. All will become clear in Chapter 5.

Jack B)

My failure to communicate. I meant that the guy wasn't aware of Gio being in a relationship until...well, things got "insertive." At that point, caution went into a dark cave.

Coffee industry? Hmmm. Only if the beans can boop around. All will become clear in Chapter 5.

Jack B)

I wonder if Gio will change? I figure either he will, or he won't. 0:)

Beans booping around, eh? Hmmmmm... Ah, what about double expresso? That has people bouncing off the walls... :-)

I got around to reading chapters 2&3. I agree with CJames about Zack disposing of George's clothing. This is not too mean and still he may get his point across. Gio is the liar/ cheater, obviously, so he's the one to be taught a lesson.

From the narrative and the very end of chapter 3, it doesn't look like the Zack/Gio situation is going to work out fine and dandy. Gio has the whole "I can't help it, it's in my genes" attitude that prevents him from changing or improving.

On the other hand, we've got this wonderfully drawn character Jeremy: a kind, responsible, loving soul. Handsome both outside and inside. Still wondering about his sexual leanings. Raised by two wonderful loving men.

Well, well, where can it go from there? ;)

I got around to reading chapters 2&3. I agree with CJames about Zack disposing of George's clothing. This is not too mean and still he may get his point across. Gio is the liar/ cheater, obviously, so he's the one to be taught a lesson.

From the narrative and the very end of chapter 3, it doesn't look like the Zack/Gio situation is going to work out fine and dandy. Gio has the whole "I can't help it, it's in my genes" attitude that prevents him from changing or improving.

On the other hand, we've got this wonderfully drawn character Jeremy: a kind, responsible, loving soul. Handsome both outside and inside. Still wondering about his sexual leanings. Raised by two wonderful loving men.

Well, well, where can it go from there? ;)

Totally agreed on all points. I'm skeptical about Gio/Zack, and Gio's attitude does seem to be what you say; ke knows he's wrong though but he DOES seem to have that attitude that it is in his genes. Actually, I think he also has the attitude that it is in his jeans.

Looking forward to Ch 4! And BTW, I love the chapter titles too! :2thumbs:

(...) it is in his genes. Actually, I think he also has the attitude that it is in his jeans.

Some beings cannot pass a pun when they see it. I didn't know hooved ones belonged to this category. :sheep:

I was wondering of the scandinavian/ italian mix was a conscious choice by the author, or if his characters came up as they are.

I was wondering of the scandinavian/ italian mix was a conscious choice by the author, or if his characters came up as they are.

Francois, I definitely visualize my characters and the images of two men together - one of Scandinavian origin; the other, Southern European - rings my chimes. :2thumbs:

Thanks, CJ, for the mention of the chapter titles. I do mull over titles that work in a subtle way with a glass of wine...or two in the evening.

Chapter 4 is more revealing about our protagonist.

Jack B)

I loved Chapter 4, and the title fit great!

Jeremy is very interesting... Very mature in so many ways, but still unsure in others. The scene with him and Bobby was confusing (for him). He said he felt "like a brother" for Bobby, but wow, I think there must be more there than that. I think Bobby has real feeling though, and I think he's heading for a heartbreak if Jeremy doesn't feel the same.

That job offer is mysterious... Very mysterious...

Sorry, I'm late tothe party - work and life intrude as usual.

I'm really enjoying this story thus far. The latest developments certainly peak the curiosity as to where this storyline is headed.

. The latest developments certainly peak the curiosity as to where this storyline is headed.

Chapter 5, arriving Saturday, will clarify some of the purposeful fuzziness of the storyline. The basis for the title should become clear.

Jack B)

Jack-

Just wanted to let you know that I'm enjoying this story and following it with interest. :thumbup:

I like it and that means something because I'm very picky about what I read.

James

Great chapter 5! :2thumbs:

Poor Jeremy has a lot of self-examination to do, and now he has to deal with the new job offer too!

Very interesting! I liked the "Cheese Fondoo" setting, because it was different and gave a nice background.

Hmmmm, I'm thinking that I might just possibly be wrong on my prediction that the name of the story was due to it being in the coffee industry... :lmao:

Poor Jeremy has a lot of self-examination to do, and now he has to deal with the new job offer too!

Hmmmm, I'm thinking that I might just possibly be wrong on my prediction that the name of the story was due to it being in the coffee industry... :lmao:

Jeremy is slowly figuring things out and where he fits in the big picture. The new job has potential of being a little icky...but Jeremy feels safe with Garin and judges that he won't be led astray.

Thanks, guys, for your support! The adventures will continue weekly for quite a while. Lurkers are invited to post on the forum, too. :P

BTW, Nickolas, I'm alway amazed by the amount of energy you pack in your signature. Terrific.

Jack B)

Jeremy is slowly figuring things out and where he fits in the big picture. The new job has potential of being a little icky...but Jeremy feels safe with Garin and judges that he won't be led astray.

I think he's gonna really like his new job, but if he winds up in a relationship, it could cause problems for him. He really needs the chedder, but at the same time, he might have a moral dilema with dancing and possibly stripping. He just strikes me as someone with a lot of morals

Thanks, guys, for your support! The adventures will continue weekly for quite a while. Lurkers are invited to post on the forum, too. :P

yay!!! I really look forward to the updates, so it's nice to know they'll be coming once a week :)

BTW, Nickolas, I'm alway amazed by the amount of energy you pack in your signature. Terrific.

I try :)

Lurker sticking her head out here :)

I've read all of your fic, I think :lol: but this is turning out to be my favourite, not sure why, but that's ok.

Jeremy just seems to be a really ordinary person, which is nice. I find in a lot of fic the characters are larger than life, which is fine, but can get a bit much at times.

Terri