Show yourself?

Well, in the interests in actually doing what this thread is supposed to do.

Behold, the only picture from Dallas where I'm not gawky and/or off balance!

post-1388-1213987520.jpg

Edited by B1ue

Great picture, Gabe! It's very artistic and you look very beautiful in it.

See what you missed?

And I wasn't the cute one.

Edited by B1ue

See what you missed?

B) ...........Don't underestimate yourself my freind!! I see that was before we dunked ourselves!!

Edited by Benji

Researching old pictures in my closet, I found this one, from 1951 (I was 23). I couldn't abstain to put it here :lol: .

Posted Image

funny clothing :P .

Comparing with my personal photo in my profile.... some changes, isn'it ? :funny:

The car is a Chevrolet.

Old bob

Edited by old bob

B) ...........Don't underestimate yourself my freind!! I see that was before we dunked ourselves!!

...Dunked? :P

Researching old pictures in my closet, I found this one, from 1951 (I was 23). I couldn't abstain to put it here :lol: .

Posted Image

Comparing with my personal photo in my profile.... some changes, isn'it ? :funny:

Old bob

Nice pic, Bob!

Nice car too btw :P

Posted Image

The car is a Chevrolet.

Old bob

B) ..........Nice pic Bob, BTW you look like your ready to jump into a phone booth!! :P

B) ..........Nice pic Bob, BTW you look like your ready to jump into a phone booth!! :P

"Jump"isn't the real word. I suppose I was allready waiting half an hour before the guy in front of me could finish his talk :lol:

BTW, I dont remember who (she or he !) took the picture :wacko:

naw, he looks like a typical young professor waiting for some insufferable dolt to stop annoying him. At least given the time frame .... 15 years later, the same person would have looked quite different :P

:king: Dr. Mr. Snow Dog

naw, he looks like a typical young professor waiting for some insufferable dolt to stop annoying him. At least given the time frame .... 15 years later, the same person would have looked quite different :P

B) .........Too subtle huh!!

Or to join Jack Kerouac on a trip from NYC to Los Angeles.

Wow, I'm honored :worship:

Kerouac (BTW also a bi !) the father of the Beat Generation! He was only seven years older than me.

I have all the records (vinyl) of the musicians he influenced (The Beatles, Ben Gibbard, Bob Dylan, Tom Waits, Simon & Garfunkel, Ulf Lundell, Jim Morrison and others) and I read some of his books (On the Road, The Dharma Bums, Big Sur).

But I was too well dressed to be a real bohemian hedonist B) .

Thanks for the "professor" :lol:

Wait a little, I'm searching a picture from 1965....

If I remember well my look didn't change a lot within 15 years :rolleyes:

Posted Image

I was thinking of good old Allen... He doesn't wear rags at that time.

And actually, on your pic, you look a bit like my friend Nick, who's really cute and fun to hang out with. Well, he does share my peculiar tastes, hence the fun part, but not only.

I was thinking of good old Allen... He doesn't wear rags at that time.

About Ginsberg's pictures, I prefer this one :

Posted Image

Allen Ginsberg (left) with his lifelong lover and friend, poet Peter Orlovsky

At least, even now, I have more hair on the top of my head :lol:

Old Bob

Posted Image

The car is a Chevrolet.

Old bob

Do you recall if the car was a 1951 Chevy? I'm trying to figure out if it was a Fleetline or a Styline. Both were available with the Deluxe trim package that's evident on your car.

Do you recall if the car was a 1951 Chevy? I'm trying to figure out if it was a Fleetline or a Styline. Both were available with the Deluxe trim package that's evident on your car.

Hey it was for 57 years ! The car belonged to my father, He died 1969. I cannt ask him any more :lol:

Sorry but I dont know the answer.

Take care Gary and dont be angry against me :P

Old bob

Hey it was for 57 years ! The car belonged to my father, He died 1969. I cannt ask him any more :lol:

Old bob

How could I ever be mad at you Bob? You posted a photo of yourself next to a car I happen to love. I just wish I could see more of the car to know exactly which model it was. I'm a total gearhead which is why these things fascinate me, LOL.

Thanks for the "professor" :lol:

Wait a little, I'm searching a picture from 1965....

If I remember well my look didn't change a lot within 15 years :rolleyes:

I didnt find any good picture from 1965 :angry: .

This one is dated 1973. I was 44, living in a big country-house with a pool.

You know the emblem of Paris (France) : "fluctuat nec mergitur" (he floats but dont sink). It was also mine, but not for long. 5 years later I had to sell the house :( .

Posted Image

Old Bob

See what you missed?

I do indeed see what I miss! :(

Anyway, you may not have been the only cute one, but you were certainly one of the cute ones, Gabe ;)

Posted Image

The car is a Chevrolet.

Old bob

Good pic, Old Bob!

:lmao:

Old bob

LOL! I think you did well to remember it was a Chevrolet! When people ask me what type of vehicle I drive I usually just respond "A red one" and leave it at that. :boy:

I do indeed see what I miss! :(

Anyway, you may not have been the only cute one, but you were certainly one of the cute ones, Gabe ;)

Good pic, Old Bob!

:lmao:

LOL! I think you did well to remember it was a Chevrolet! When people ask me what type of vehicle I drive I usually just respond "A red one" and leave it at that. :boy:

Well that's better than what other people say when they ask me about my car... they ask me what I've done to my "Grand Am", which is a MAJOR insult. (I drive a Grand Prix, the middle child of Pontiac sedans of the 90's and 00's... the recently deceased Bonneville being the big brother)

Well, in the interests in actually doing what this thread is supposed to do.

Behold, the only picture from Dallas where I'm not gawky and/or off balance!

Posted Image

Maybe it's because the picture is blurry but you look sorta like this guy Ben who I graduated with. *shrugs shoulders* Edited by rknapp