Ok, CJ refused to accept "Goat" in the poll lest we denounce his evil tactics. But I won't give up, so here, it's a prompt.

Write anything related with GOAT.

Here I go:

Whitie staggered around in the road, road where he used to saunter around when he was just a small kidd. Yeah, those days� But now everything has changed. And all that because of C James.

At first when he had first learnt C James had become a well-known author, he was really pleased. It was time a goat earned a name for itself in the world. Whitie felt proud for being a goat. But gone are those days now. And all that because of C James� damn cliffhangers. At first, they were okay but later, they had started becoming unbearable for the readers. Young guys are suffering and dying due to those deadly cliffhangers. They could be seen roaming zombie-like all over the world. They have stopped eating and drinking; they�re just waiting for the next chapter�waiting�waiting�

Soon, goats were associated with C James and his evil cliffhangers. They became target of every religion and man. Humans were associating goats with �evil� and �satan�. Worst were those who were sick. They tortured every goat they saw so that they could know about C James� whereabouts. The case has become so serious that goats are now pretending to be dogs or mule to escape�

�Here is one,� Whittie heard.

He didn�t even look back but ran. He ran for his life. He could feel the angry mob behind him. But his old legs couldn�t carry him much far. Exhausted, he stopped and leant against a concrete seat. That�s it. It was his end. But his last thoughts were just for one person- C James

�Your evil cliffhangers are costing humans their sanity and goats their lives. Please, pity us and save your brothers and sisters (humans and goats). Please!�

Take care,

Ieshwar

• Haha 1
  • Site Administrator

"And in today's top story, we cross to Dimitri in the Australian Outback."

"Thank you, James. We are here at the scene of the latest success story from the Global Overt Anti-Terrorism unit, known colloquially as GOAT. The factory you can see behind me was being used by a sinister organisation of international arms dealers for the manufacture of nuclear weapons. The eventual purpose to which those weapons were to be put has not been revealed, but what we do know is that the plot was only foiled through the brave actions of an undercover GOAT operative. For security reasons the name and face of that operative have been suppressed, but we can reveal that he goes by the alias 'Shadowgod'. In the meantime, teams are busy dismantling the bombs prior to transportation to a secure location. The person in charge has fervently denied the rumours that the Australian government will be using the bombs as part of the negotiations currently underway with the USA to get Australian Rules Football on American TV. Back to you, James."

"Thank you, Dimitri. Coming up after the break, the latest on rock sensation Instinct and their tour Downunder. You won't believe what they did in Sydney today."

Write anything related with GOAT.

OK, here's mine.

Colin B)

It was the first day of school. Joel sat staring across the quad, looking at nothing in particular. He'd finished his lunch, trying to forget what was bothering him.

Someone walked past, diverting his gaze. It was a boy. Joel had never seen him before. He must be a new student at Hills High. He was really cute! Why couldn't he meet a guy like him? Suddenly the guy turned and looked at Joel, and smiled. Joel smiled back, he couldn't help himself. But then the guy turned away and looked down at the ground. Almost like he was shy or something.

Joel continued to look at him, not really staring because he didn't want to get busted, but slowly looking around the quad, and making sure he looked at the guy. Looked at him a lot. Damn, he was cute! And very sexy.

Joel realized that he was getting... excited... about this guy. 'Oh, my God,' he thought, 'if the bell rang now I wouldn’t be able to stand up without totally embarrassing myself.' He realized that he was as randy as a goat! He loved that expression. He'd overheard his uncle say that about his older cousin who had a reputation as a real girl chaser. He hadn’t been sure what it meant, so he Googled it, and found out that it did mean ready to "get it on".

Then the guy looked up and smiled at Joel. He had reddish-blond hair, and for Joel that was something that really turned him on. The guy smiled, stood, and began walking over. Joel's mind went into overdrive. 'Oh, please, no! Here I am, randy as a goat, and this super hot guy is coming over to me. What the hell am I gonna do?'

"Uh, hi. Um, I'm new here, and I have a question. Maybe you could help me out?"

Joel smiled and replied. "Sure. What dya need?" But he was thinking, 'I know exactly how I'd like to help you out!'

The guy held out a card. "How does this bus ticket thing work? I've never had to take a bus from school before. How do I find my bus?"

"Lemme see." Joel held out his hand, and the guy gave him the bus ticket, and brushed Joel's palm with the back of his thumb. Joel realized that it had to be purposeful. 'Oh, my God! I'm never going to be able to stand up again as long as I live!'

He looked at the guy's bus ticket. It was #15, the same bus he rode to and from school.

"Hey, this is my bus. Why don't we meet at the front entrance after school and I'll show you where we catch the bus."

"Hey, that would be great! Thanks."

Joel smiled at the guy's enthusiasm. "My name's Joel. Joel Carpenter."

"Nice to meet ya, Joel. My name's Randy Scott."

Joel grinned. 'RANDY? The guy's name is RANDY?' He started to laugh, but choked it off.

"Hi, Ra... Randy."

Joel couldn't believe it. Here he was, randy as a goat, and this guy's name was Randy. If he'd tried to write that as a story no one would believe it. It was way too far-fetched.

Randy started to say something to Joel, but the bell for fifth period began to ring. Saved by the bell!

Randy looked at Joel. "You going to class?"

"Uh, yeah, but I gotta wait for someone."

Randy looked a little disappointed, but then he grinned and waved. "OK, Joel, I'll see you later. At the front entrance. We'll ride home together. Cool!" He turned and walked away, to his next class.

Joel closed his eyes, and willed himself to deflate. It finally worked, and he stood and hurried to his creative writing class. As he walked he thought about Randy. He started laughing to himself. For some reason, he was thinking of Randy as being randy as a goat. Now he was laughing out loud, and other students rushing to their classes turned to see what was so funny.

Joel realized what it was. Suddenly nothing was bothering him. Not any longer. That was very cool. And very funny!

ROFL, Ieshwar, that made my day!! Thanks!!!

Ummm, however, we all know I never use cliffhangers, so that couldn't possibly refer to me... :whistle:

Graeme, that was great! :2thumbs:

Colin, you too, that was great!

And James, ummm, I think I'd prefer I wasn't involved in a Barbecue.. LoL

Okay, now let me give this a whirl...

Stumbling up the precipitous path, the wizened old goatherd cried out out again, "Scarp! Where are you, Scarp?" as he pressed onwards and upwards, in search of his missing goat.

Mumbling to himself "Where has that Damn goat gotten to now?" he fought for his breath, tired from the long climb, struggling to trudge the last few yards to the top of the windswept crag. Upon reaching the small, flat expanse, he cursed what he did not see; no black goat,

instead, all he could see was rocks, and sky. Stumbling towards the overlook, buffeted by the roaring wind, he cursed his folly; the goat wasn't on the crag after all. But, it must be somewhere... "Scarp!" he bellowed again...

Resolving to gain sone use from his climb, he edged towards the line between rock and sky, knowing that it was the edge of a vertical

drop to his pasture land, several hundred feet below. Dropping to a crawl, he edged closer, ignoring the loose dirt and gravel and the downward slope as he neared the edge.

Finally able to inch his head forward far enough to look over the dizzying precipice, the old goatherd laid eyes on a familer back shape far below. "Scarp," he muttered, seeing the black goat looking up at him, "I've climbed up all this way, and there you are, right back where I started."

Inching backwards up the incline, or attempting to, the old goatherd struggled for purchase, the wind buffeting him, fear gripping his heart as he began to slide towards the dropf. Scrambling for a handhold that wasn't there, he spun around, sending his legs over the edge, as his wizened fingers tried in vain to stop his fall.

Hanging by one hand from the final lip of rock, his body dangling, his grip failing, he glanced down at the recalcitrant goat, and heard himself say, "I should have known Scarp wouldn't come up here... a goat won't have anything to do with a cliff..."

All I now is that you just killed an old man with another cliffhanger! You're s o cruel. As if Whitie wasn't enough...

Ieshwar

Ieshwar! That's not so... we don't know that the old goatherd fell to his death... Maybe Scarp will run up and saved him?

Also, you missed the moral of the story; A goat would never have anything to do with a cliff... And thus, certainly, would never do a cliffhanger...

No, he lured the poor old man into the cliffhnagers and himself disappeared to the safer side! He's so like you! You too lure your poor innocent readers into evil cliffhangers!

GOATS ARE CRUEL!!

Ieshwar

No, he lured the poor old man into the cliffhnagers and himself disappeared to the safer side! He's so like you! You too lure your poor innocent readers into evil cliffhangers!

GOATS ARE CRUEL!!

Ieshwar

Seonded!! What with them and their cliffhangers!!!

• Site Moderator

All of these are good. I think Graeme came up the most original use FOR the word by using, G.O.A.T.

Not that I'm looking to start anything here that doesn't need to be here, but I see no one else has commented on CJ's use of two words combined to together, goat and herd, to make goatherd.

Jan

All of these are good. I think Graeme came up the most original use FOR the word by using, G.O.A.T.

Not that I'm looking to start anything here that doesn't need to be here, but I see no one else has commented on CJ's use of two words combined to together, goat and herd, to make goatherd.

Jan

Actually, goatherd is a word, and goatherder is also, alternates for "goat herd" and "goat herder", respectively. Or respectfully. Or not. Whatever. But I digress.

CJ's "dropf" isn't a word. That's a goatish invention of GA's official resident goat (accept no substitute!), who apparently didn't finish ruminant school with a passing grade! My guess is that he meant "drop off" or maybe just "drop" or perhaps even (to quote Monty Python): "And now for something totally different!"

Colin B)