I've read a lot of your stories and I hope you know I appreciate them greatly. I try to review these days since I, when I started to write myself, realised just how much only a few words mean. We all seek validation and want to be seen, noticed. In my opinion, that hoes double for anyone seeking to share any kind of artistic work with the world. I've done a bit of acting, sing in a choir and now I write. Mostly, it's for me but at the same time I wouldn't do it to an audience if I didn't care for or want a reaction. We pour our souls into these manifestations of ourselves and it hurts if no one sees us.
Deep down, I think we have to decide to try and ignore the numbers as much as possible, in order to not lose our artistic uniqueness. Still, it is evolving as an artist to figure out what the audience (in reality our fellow man) wants or perhap needs. I guess for me the trick is to try and combine these two. To reach others you have to speak to them in a way that makes them listen. Otherwise, what's the point?
So, what do I want to say here? I don't know... Perhaps that you should listen to yourself most of all, or your work will become hollow. And maybe just keep one eye/ear on your public.
Personally, I think you're doing great!