Jump to content

centexhairysub

Members
  • Posts

    11,881
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by centexhairysub

  1. No, if it doesn't resemble something they have used; they might not have any idea of what they were actually looking at. I hope the Captain is able to keep them in the dark, he may not be able to call his former shipmates, but the might be able to use the system to track him if they get closer to him.
  2. Well, they have done enough with the pirates that the group that is left can hold firm and start to rebuild the planet in a way that will benefit all of those there. Let's hope that nothing happens to destabilize that plan. So, our intrepid pair can now go in search of a way to find the Ulaa Laa and help our Captain. Let's hope they have kept him alive. The base that isn't a base sound like a good place to start. Like @drpaladin said, a good hacker is always a great resource, and then having a bounty hunter that knows how to track; what could possibly go wrong. LOL
  3. centexhairysub

    Chapter 4

    Excellent chapter, and so much going on. I am glad that changing Charles David went as smoothly as it is did. I was worried for a minute there. I am glad that Jenny is going with them, she is going to be needed; and will be first rate protection for him as well. Greg has started to move on; it won't be as easy as it appears at this moment, but the change in him may give him some abilities to deal with everything that he would not have otherwise. Greg and Scott have a great support system, and they have so many resources. Let's hope they remember this and always no that they have someone to call upon. Great idea about the mob causing the wreck. It will explain the driver and security. Have they considered how they are going to explain a new son? Ah, vampire politics; have a feeling that they are never easy to deal with, and oh so bloody. The Prince did seem very unhappy about the other Baron and his sending such a small plan after Greg and his group.
  4. Some really great works on these lists; and some that I need to check out, but my first thought, is that I truly miss dkstories, he was just so talented.
  5. Okay, I am sure that he Admiral and probably even most of the pirates deserved the horrible deaths that came to them. But did all of them? What if there were prisoners aboard either of the ships that the natives destroyed? An eye for an eye, just leaves everyone blind eventually.
  6. Jubal is going to have to make some decisions and decide if he trust himself, first of all; and then does he trust Lucas. If he doesn't get comfortable with himself and the decisions he needs to make, he is going to drive a wedge between him and Lucas; and we know that is not what he wants. I think Reid has made peace with the idea that he and Lucas are no longer whatever they were to when the story started or perhaps before that. Reid just wants to see Lucas happy, and I think he knows Jubal might be the person to make that happen. That said, I don't think he meant to give anything away or cause issues with saying what he did about the money. Jubal just isn't that concerned with the money right now, and until he comes to terms with his feelings and figures out how honest he can be with himself and Lucas, probably won't be. Excellent chapter, can't wait for the next update.
  7. The issues Adam are dealing with may well take years for him to fully process and handle, if he ever is able to fully do so. A trauma like that at such a young age can manifest itself in so many ways. Sounds like Derek is truly going to get an idea of what the nursing profession can be about from the ground up, and that is always a good thing. I hate people that use their position to take advantage of children, glad that the Judge got involved and started the ball rolling, sounds like major changes coming to both areas involving child and family services in this area.
  8. Well, it looks like both groups are having issues; neither can help each other right now. That doesn't mean that they may not end up back in the orbit of the other. Sounds like both the Captain, who needs to get a few of the synthetics to act on his behalf, and our pair on planet both have coming battles headed their way.
  9. I think Russ is lonely; and for whatever reason has latched onto the guys and Toby as people he enjoys. I don't think he is trying to buy them; more that he isn't sure how to fully connect and keeps looking for ways to keep them in his orbit. That said, I do understand how they could be worried. Especially with the issue of custody coming up; why in the hell is Brian still paying Deidre for maintenance when he has Toby full time? That should have been the first thing settled when Toby came to live with them. Is Jasper using Deidre for money, and her only extra is that? Toby is just so full of life. I could see a whole series of stories involving him or this family.
  10. Well, this certainly makes you want to check out this story, and the right time of the year to do so.
  11. Excrement always runs down hill.
  12. Well, everyone is doing what they can to help, fighting, isn't everything but those that can do that must. Not sure that I like everyone going their separate ways but understand the necessity of it. Money is always a good place to hit someone; everyone either wants, needs, or hordes it.
  13. I truly hate Christmas...
  14. centexhairysub

    Chapter 3

    Okay, the idea of killing your child to save them isn't new, I guess, but this is one for the books so to speak. The conversation with Fredrick was hilarious, and I am glad that Jenny has decided to help Greg and Scott with the infant. She will be ideally suited to this on a number of levels. I personally think it is so funny when so called Christians get so in your face about the older religions. Many of them still have believers and have been around thousands of years longer than Christianity and yet the self-righteous among us act as if their belief, which many profess but don't actually follow; is the only valid one. Scott will be the one that best understands what the infant will go through between the two of them. Not the actual changing but growing up as a vampire. That said, they will have their hands full and probably be more than glad that Jenny is around to help with a myriad of issues that neither of them have even considered yet. Great chapter, and the next few should be something else.
  15. centexhairysub

    Chapter 5

    A delightful little reprieve before the real business start. I thought the Professor was cool and open to what was happening. I am not surprised at all that he knew Auntie. So glad that the group is reaching out to others to help them spread the word. I do think that the Professor is right about how the governmental/business side will act. But it is possible to fight back, you just have to be willing to take your lumps when you do. Can't wait to see what happens next.
  16. I have a feeling that all hell is literally about to break loose. That said, this was a good first battle, all the right ones ended up dead. I do hope that Senklin gets his hotel back, and only has to deal with the dead pirates. Interesting songs these pirates sing.
  17. WOW, this is taking a turn that I never saw coming. From fugitives of love to freedom fighters. Can't wait to see how this progresses.
  18. centexhairysub

    Chapter 2

    Well, there may be hope for these two yet; they at least realize how in over their heads they are to start with. LOL. I wonder where the Viscount went? I do love the interplay with this group and even how well they mesh with the Prince and his primary advisors, et al. Of course, some of that is that the Prince is rather laid back but still. Great update, and can't wait for the next one.
  19. centexhairysub

    Chapter 21

    I honestly don't understand Huntington's end game with this situation. If he were to win; these creatures would eventually expose themselves to the humans. No matter how strong they are, the humans would eventually go to battle and defeat them; and Huntington as well. It would expose all the creatures to human eyes and turn everything and everyone against him. I am glad that the pixie was able to help Caleb and Asa discover a way to grab one of them. Enya found the weakness but will it be something that Sebastian and his side can really use against them effectively? I have to believe that Silas and Rosalie are nearing their ends; would not put it past either of them to play a part in the coming battle. I was really hoping that Caleb would find time to talk to Vann. I know there is a lot going on; but still, it is his son. Just too good.
  20. What a really fun chapter. The Family has always proven to be very generous not matter what the culture or place.
  21. I have a feeling that Ralph is going to be totally hot and interested in picking up at some point. I hate that Toby is going to be disappointed by his mother, but Deidre is just that type. I just want Toby to stay away from Jasper, I get bad feelings about him. I love how much Brian and Gordon both try and do even the little things to help Toby stay within his beliefs. Can't wait to see where they holiday.
  22. centexhairysub

    Chapter 1

    So happy with the quick start to this one. I already don't trust the Viscount, not sure why but... The Prince obviously knows more than he is telling, he admitted as much, but what? Not sure that he trust the Viscount either. Greg made the right decision about his son, but there will have to be an explanation at some point. Can't wait to see what happens next.
  23. centexhairysub

    Chapter 100

    Great chapter and loved how the conversation at the diner went. Travis stood up for himself and we learned that Big may not be as empty headed as we all thought. I could see Travis holding on to the land and at some point, he and Big doing some type of joint venture. I mean, Travis will have to be careful, not sure I trust any of the Buck's completely but still. Darius loves to bust Will but hates when he gets his love life brought out into the open. Glad that Travis came out to Big, and I do trust Big with keeping that a secret until Travis is okay with others knowing. Can't even imagine what the hell Taylor is thinking or doing, and do we even care?
  24. Hell hath no fury like a Judge scorned. I would not give two cents for the morons involved in this scheme. So glad the guys had a great party, and books are always a delightful gift. Hope a cat is to appear soon.
  25. Well, what a delight. The two of them have found some friends that will try and help them. Maybe staying here would not be a bad idea. I think a gala benefit would be fabulous...
×
×
  • Create New...