Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Porcupines - 30. Chapter 30 - Game Day

So, it seems Isaac ran out of bitchy pills, but not the truth...

Chapter 30 - Game Day

“Raleigh and Isaac will be here in a few minutes. Have you taken a shower yet?” Dylan called from the kitchen into the living room. They’d had a bit of a late night at the Rail the night before playing darts with Skinny and Muffin. The foursome had a few pitchers of beer and then Chuck and Skinny thought shots would be a good idea. Going out had been Dylan’s suggestion to celebrate sending off Chuck’s scholarship application for Gastronomique. He thought the recipes and essay were perfect. Chuck kept trying to “fix” it but in the end Dylan won out. They dropped the fat envelope in the mail. It was due the following Thursday and Dylan didn’t want it to be late.

“Why did we decide to have company today?” Chuck groaned from the couch. He’d been quiet all morning and at first Dylan was worried. The visit with Kelli a couple of days prior was still playing in his head. He kept looking for signs of Chuck’s depression but he’d been the same happy, contented boyfriend each day. Chuck had smiled at Dylan through his headache just an hour earlier so he knew it wasn’t an episode.

“We asked them three days ago to come watch the game,” Dylan said finally placing the last glass from the dishwasher on the shelf. “I didn’t know you were going to make the Jim Beam Company rich last night.”

“No booze,” Chuck moaned. “Don’t talk about drinks.”

“They’re coming over to watch the Vikings/Jets game. We’re having drinks or at least I’m serving them.” Dylan had made a pitcher of Bloody Marys and had a case of beer in the fridge. He was finishing up the cleaning and then would get the TV blaring. Dylan was only a casual football fan but Chuck wouldn’t dream of missing a game. Even exhibition games, like the one this afternoon, were considered mandatory to his dark-haired boyfriend.

“Get into the shower,” Dylan said and peeked his head around the corner. “You smell like a drunk.”

Chuck got off the sofa, pulling off his shirt, padded with his head down toward the bathroom. When he got to the door, he turned around and dropped his boxers and wiggled his tiny tushy at Dylan.

“See anything you like?” he teased his red-haired lover.

Dylan threw the dishtowel at his naked hinny. “We don’t have time for that.”

“Too bad. I could use your stadium dog in my bun,” Chuck laughed and disappeared into the bathroom. Dylan shook his head and grinned as he picked up the dirty underwear and put them in the clothes basket. The apartment was presentable. It wasn’t exactly neat as a pin but he didn’t think Raleigh would care and Isaac had seen it much worse.

He turned on the TV and tuned it to the right channel. It was surprising that Raleigh was also such a Vikings nut but then his parents were from here. Even though he grew up in Wyoming, the guy was a rabid fan, like Chuck. They would sit and talk about the stupid team like they were coaches themselves. Isaac was even less interested in football than Dylan was. At least Dylan could follow the plays and basic rules. Isaac had been completely clueless when they were talking about them coming over for the game. Isaac couldn’t stop laughing about “wide receivers” and “tight ends” insisting they were made up names. When Kenny had confirmed those were actual player positions, Isaac had to go get jerseys for them all. He made sure he and Dylan had shirts from Vikings “wide receivers” while Chuck and Raleigh had “tight end” t-shirts. He thought that was too hilarious.

“Hey guys, come on in. Chuck’s in the shower. He had a little too much fun last night at the Rail,” Dylan said as the purple and gold clad duo of Raleigh and Isaac came into the living room.

“I know someone else who was a little green around the gills this morning too,” Isaac pretended to frown. “We went to my mom’s house for dinner and this one had a couple too many glasses of wine.”

“It was a special occasion. I didn’t make a fool of myself did I?” Raleigh asked quickly.

“No. Mom was twice as drunk as you by the end and Dad was passed out. You were fine. Hell, you were sober by their standards,” Isaac laughed.

“So you met the parents?” Dylan asked Raleigh. “How’d that go?”

“They loved him. I knew they would.” Isaac handed Dylan a covered plate. “Brownies for later.”

While the two guys got comfortable in front of the television, Dylan got them all bloodies and beers. Raleigh looked hesitant but Isaac took his eagerly. Both waiters had to work tonight, but not for hours. A drink wouldn’t hurt this early.

Finally Chuck got out of the bathroom and came into the kitchen dressed in shorts and his Vikings t-shirt. “I don’t know about a bloody,” he said.

“Hair of the dog,” Dylan smiled and kissed his boyfriend. Chuck took a sip and walked into the living room.

The game was pretty close in the first half. Isaac didn’t know what was happening but tried to cheer whenever Raleigh did. Dylan and Chuck were cuddled up on the loveseat but every once and a while, Chuck would burst out of his seat and shout. Dylan always thought it strange to yell at the TV during a game. It wasn’t like anybody could hear them egg their side on. But, Chuck and Raleigh couldn’t contain themselves and Dylan and Isaac watched them indulgently.

“You boys ready for another drink?” Dylan asked. Both said yes without looking away from the screen. Isaac got up and went with to help.

“They get so loud,” Isaac said to Dylan as they got into the kitchen. “It’s kind of cute though.”

“Yeah. Our butch boys jumping up and down while guys in really tight pants pat each other on the butt,” Dylan said pulling out the ice bin and filling the glasses.

“That part I like,” Isaac mugged.

They brought out the fresh Bloody Marys and beers to the guys and Isaac and Dylan returned to the kitchen. It didn’t seem either of their boyfriends noticed as the heard cheers and clapping in the other room.

“So it went okay with the folks,” Dylan said taking a little sip of his drink.

“Went really well. My parents, well my mom mostly, have always been on my case to find someone special. I just never really had anyone I liked this much,” Isaac admitted. “Best part, when we got home, he let me top him.”

“You guys have never done that before?” Dylan asked. He really didn’t like discussing their sex life but Isaac was being so cordial he didn’t want to stall the conversation.

“No. Rol had been too scared before. Last night he was just tipsy enough he had the courage. It was really good. I don’t do that much,” Isaac confided. Dylan was surprised just how different his life was becoming since he met Chuck. He could barely stand Isaac at times before but even that had changed for the better.

“You love him don’t you?” Dylan smirked.

Isaac blushed. “I’ve never felt this way before. I just don’t understand it. We’re so different but the way he makes me feel is so crazy good. And he’s so sweet. He’s always doing little things for me. He’s at my apartment almost every night and I came home two nights ago and he’d cleaned it and did the laundry.”

“Nice isn’t it. Makes you want to do things for them too,” Dylan mused. He was thinking of when Chuck cleaned Dylan’s car out, Dylan was so touched he’d cleaned the cat boxes, which was Chuck’s job. It felt nice doing things for each other.

“Yeah. I never would have gone out with him. I’m just so lucky,” Isaac was looking off into space.

“Do you think he’s the one?” Dylan asked his blond friend.

Isaac put his chin on his hands. “I don’t know that yet. I think he might be and that’s a little scary. Last night, after I made love to him, I put on the radio for him and an old Randy Travis song came on. He held me and sang it to me. ‘I’m gonna love you forever, forever and ever amen,’ Isaac sang softly. “I asked him if he was singing that to me and he said, ‘maybe.”

“That’s so sweet. You’re listening to country music now.”

“I don’t mind it. Sometimes I even like it. The words are so good in some of those songs but what really makes me like it more is Rol sings to me. He looks at me and it seems he’s expressing how I make him feel,” Isaac said.

“You know, I really like this Isaac a lot,” Dylan said poking his shoulder.

“My mom said last night I must have run out of bitchy pills. I like being happy and he does that to me,” Isaac laughed.

“I know. I used to be so sarcastic and even bitter at times,” Dylan said quietly. “I don’t feel that way anymore.”

“He can also really piss me off,” Isaac said. “But, he can make me forgive him just as quickly. What about you and Chuck? Is he the one?”

Dylan paused and sighed. “You know, I would like him to be the one. I’m just not sure yet. It’s so new and we haven’t really faced any problems yet.”

“What do you mean?” Isaac asked. “Do you think he’d cheat on you like Ron did?”

Dylan began to turn red and eyes began flashing furiously. “Isaac, I thought you ran out of bitchy pills.”

“Dylan,” Isaac said softly and putting his hand on his friend’s shoulder. “I’m not trying to be mean. I just know how much Ron hurt you and how when he died it made you a little crazy.”

“Ron was a lovely, perfect, beautiful man. I don’t know why you have to bring that up,” Dylan said and turned to the fridge. He pulled out a can of Fresca and sighed. “Why’d you have to bring that up?”

“Because, it’s not the same with Chuck,” Isaac said. “Chuck is way different than Ron was.”

“I know that. I don’t think they’re alike. I just don’t know how we’ll handle things when problems come up.”

“Chad already tried with Chuck. Chuck shot him down cold. He’s only got eyes for you,” Isaac said.

“That motherfucker! I’m gonna fuckin’ kill him,” Dylan said as his anger returned.

“Chuck never even thought about it. He just laughed at Chad and walked away,” Isaac said evenly. “I have to say I was really happy to see it. You deserve someone who thinks you’re so special other men are invisible.”

“Why didn’t Chuck tell me?” Dylan asked, his anger abating.

“He knows how close you and Chad are. He didn’t want to cause trouble between you too. Besides, Chad was so pissed. He doesn’t like getting shot down and it happens so rarely.”

“Really, Chad was pissed. Maybe that’s why he was so nasty about Chuck last week,” Dylan said, the light bulb flickering on.

“Tried it with Raleigh too,” Isaac giggled. “He hit on Raleigh while he was waiting for me to finish up one night. I came over to the bar and good ole Rol just put his arm around me, looked at Chad and said, ‘I can barely handle him. What would I do with you?”

“What did Chad say?” Dylan said breathless and simply amused at his old friend’s audacity.

“What could he say? He’d just gotten a compliment from Rol, gotten told on, and looked the fool. It was priceless.”

“What are you two hens chattering about in here?” Raleigh said rattling the ice cubes in his empty glass.

“Hens? That wasn’t a beak pecking at your ass last night,” Isaac said grinning at his man.

“No, that was my little stallion making me scream,” Raleigh said but not without blushing. He snuggled up to Isaac’s back with his arms around his boyfriend. The big blond guy kissed Isaac’s ear and Isaac squirmed under his lover’s tongue.

Dylan refreshed Raleigh’s drink and handed him a fresh beer as well. “Thanks Dyl,” Raleigh said and headed into the living room. Another cheer came from the two and soon they were jumping up and down bumping chests. Dylan ventured into the room to check on Chuck. He saw his Bloody Mary had disappeared.

“Want another one?” Dylan asked Chuck. His boyfriend’s eyes were glued to the action. “Sure Hun. That’d be great.”

“Feeling better?” Dylan asked rubbing Chuck’s shoulders.

“Much. Say, we got any snacks,” Chuck asked looking up and smiling. He couldn’t resist and kissed him.

“Isaac, we’ve been relegated by our boys to find them some grub,” Dylan joked when he got back into the kitchen.

“Should we make some nachos?” Isaac said. “Even I can do that.”

“Good idea. It’s almost half time anyway,” Dylan said. “I think we got all the stuff to do that.”

The two friends began sautéing some hamburger and seasonings for the nachos when Dylan’s phone rang. He answered it stepping down the hall into his bedroom.

“Hey Dad,” his father rarely called him. Dylan was thrilled.

“Hey son. What’s going on?”

“Just have some friends over watching the Vikes,” Dylan answered.

“Really. Anyone I know?” his father asked.

“You know Isaac from Nora’s. The other two I don’t think you’ve met,” Dylan answered and began smiling. He had a sneaking suspicion his brother was the reason for this call.

“I remember Isaac, little blond guy right?”

“Yeah, he’s here with his new boyfriend.”

“That’s nice. Who else is there?” his dad pried.

“Just my boyfriend,” Dylan grinned into the phone.

“Boyfriend? Naw. That can’t be. My little boy wouldn’t have an official boyfriend if he hadn’t introduced him to his old man.” Dylan could hear his father’s smile through the phone.

“I haven’t had the time to get you guys together dad,” Dylan said.

“Not according to my other son. He told me about this fantastic dinner party he went to at my other son’s house. I guess the caterer was kissing him.”

“Chuck was kissing Kelly?” Dylan laughed. “I hope not. There would be two dead bodies if that happened.”

There was a distinct pause in the conversation.

“Dad, we’d love to have you over for dinner.”

“I’m not asking for an invite,” Terry McMahon said. “I’m giving you the invite. I’ll take you two out to eat.”

“That sounds like fun dad but I think Chuck would love to make you and Alisha dinner some night this week,” Dylan said.

“I don’t wanna put him to work. I just want to meet him.”

“Dad. We’d love to have you,” Dylan insisted.

“We? Hold on, are you two living together?” his dad sounded almost panicked.

“No. Not yet dad. He’s here quite a bit but we haven’t moved in together.”

“Well, as long as you are happy. You know that’s what matters to me,” his dad said.

“I know dad. I really like this guy. He’s a pretty special guy. You’ll like him.”

“That’s what Kelly said too. He was pretty impressed and he’s pretty protective of you.”

“I know. You’ll like him and I want you to come here for dinner. He’s an amazing cook. We’re trying to get him a scholarship for cooking school,” Dylan said. He was so excited and Terry McMahon was moved. He’d never heard Dylan talk so freely about working as a team for another person’s goals. He’d been that way about his brother, but never about one of his boyfriends.

“If you want, we can come eat at your house. But, if your friend doesn’t want to cook, just let me know. We’ll go out. I want to get to know him,” Dylan’s dad said.

“Don’t worry dad. Chuck will be happy to cook for you,” Dylan bragged. “You’ll be amazed.”

Dylan and his dad chatted for another minute and then they hung up. Dylan looked up and saw Chuck at the door of the bedroom watching him.

“You’re missing the game,” Chuck said with a grin.

“It was my dad. He and his wife are coming to dinner this week. I hope that’s okay,” Dylan said approaching his boyfriend. Chuck was frowning.

“I know. I heard. You’ve got me slaving in the kitchen again,” Chuck said soberly. Dylan looked up and Chuck couldn’t hold it in. He started laughing. “I love cooking. I’ll be happy to cook for your dad.”

“I owe you big time,” Dylan said and kissed Chuck on the nose.

“Fine. Go to the kitchen and make me a chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot pie,” Chuck said laughing. Dylan giggled.

“How about another Bloody?”

Chuck agreed and grabbed Dylan’s hips. “And some nookie tonight,” he growled.

“That sounds like something I’d be happy to give you. Don’t you want to make me work for it,” Dylan laughed.

“I love you.”

“I love you more.”

“We had a lumber pardy with Dillwill and Uzie last night. We went to the place with games and had pizza. I got to play ball with Dillwill and ride on the horsies with Unk. Uzie and I were very good and didn’t stay up late or nothing.”
Copyright © 2013 Cole Matthews; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Absolutely loving this story. Great characters and their development has been fantastic. Can´t wait to meet the rest of the family :*) Lumber pardy sounds like a lot of fun, looking forward reading about that :gikkle:

Link to comment
On 10/30/2013 04:39 AM, Suvitar said:
Absolutely loving this story. Great characters and their development has been fantastic. Can´t wait to meet the rest of the family :*) Lumber pardy sounds like a lot of fun, looking forward reading about that :gikkle:
Thanks. I'm so glad you're enjoying. The lumber pardy wil be fun!
Link to comment

Your chapter end note was hysterical. But, back to this chapter.

The football game get together is my kind of thing. I love a den full of folks and dirnks and fans screaming at the television. Raleigh is so cute and bashful. He and Isaac seem perfect for each other. I'm glad Isaac told Dylan about Chad making a pass at Chuck, and Chuck putting him in his place.

Can't wait for the next chapter. Sounds funny!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Little "Brandon-speak" was so cute at the end of the chapter! Can't wait to read about their little "lumber party", lol.

 

Loved Chuck's 'tiny tushy' - haven't heard that word in a lllooonnnggg time! lol

 

So...Dylan and Chuck are acting very domesticated now. Dylan's dad and stepmom(I'm assuming Alisha - so close to my name but w/o the 'h' - is his stepmom), are coming to dinner and Chuck is cooking. Very cute. :)

 

Isaac has mellowed out so much since he's met Raleigh. That's a good thing - he was such a bitch before. lol But I really want to hear the story about Ron cheating on Dylan. Why is Dylan defending him?

 

Great chapter, Cole! Ok, on to the next one! Can't believe I missed this one!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/02/2013 11:59 AM, Lisa said:
Little "Brandon-speak" was so cute at the end of the chapter! Can't wait to read about their little "lumber party", lol.

 

Loved Chuck's 'tiny tushy' - haven't heard that word in a lllooonnnggg time! lol

 

So...Dylan and Chuck are acting very domesticated now. Dylan's dad and stepmom(I'm assuming Alisha - so close to my name but w/o the 'h' - is his stepmom), are coming to dinner and Chuck is cooking. Very cute. :)

 

Isaac has mellowed out so much since he's met Raleigh. That's a good thing - he was such a bitch before. lol But I really want to hear the story about Ron cheating on Dylan. Why is Dylan defending him?

 

Great chapter, Cole! Ok, on to the next one! Can't believe I missed this one!

Thanks Lisa. You're the best.
Link to comment
On 11/02/2013 06:30 AM, joann414 said:
Your chapter end note was hysterical. But, back to this chapter.

The football game get together is my kind of thing. I love a den full of folks and dirnks and fans screaming at the television. Raleigh is so cute and bashful. He and Isaac seem perfect for each other. I'm glad Isaac told Dylan about Chad making a pass at Chuck, and Chuck putting him in his place.

Can't wait for the next chapter. Sounds funny!

I love watching football and had to write this chapter. Also, Dylan's problem begins to unravel.
Link to comment

Isaac have really changed. I
hated
him in the beginning of this story and now I like him a lot :angry I hate to be wrong
:funny:

 

Another great chapter of this great story !
:):D
Link to comment
On 12/10/2013 09:37 AM, Slytherin said:
Isaac have really changed. I
hated
him in the beginning of this story and now I like him a lot :angry I hate to be wrong
:funny:

 

Another great chapter of this great story !
:):D
I call Isaac a loveable scamp because he really is a good guy, just a little over dramatic. But then, lots of us are!
Link to comment

Those four friends are great together. Amazing how we're all beginning to like Isaac. And now we know what Chad's problem is. Jerk. I bet he knows about Ron cheating, so why would he try to hit on Chuck? He probably defends it with 'making sure he's not a cheater.' Bastard. :angry:

Link to comment
On 01/21/2015 08:37 AM, Timothy M. said:
Those four friends are great together. Amazing how we're all beginning to like Isaac. And now we know what Chad's problem is. Jerk. I bet he knows about Ron cheating, so why would he try to hit on Chuck? He probably defends it with 'making sure he's not a cheater.' Bastard. :angry:
Thanks Tim! I really wanted to show how first impressions can be wrong and also how people can change when they are happier. I'm glad it worked for you.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..