Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Porcupines - 14. Chapter 14 - Fallout

Hangovers are the worst. Especially when the heart strings are involved.

Chapter 14 - Fallout

Chuck was monitoring the cameras when he heard the door open. He saw a suspicious character in a parka, in August, head into the restrooms with a large bag. “Hmmm, what’s that about?”

“What?” he heard someone ask.

“I’m just trying to figure out what’s up with this dude,” Chuck said looking up. It was Raleigh grabbing his walkie and his belt. “How are you feeling today?”

“I’m good,” the big blond lug said without looking up. He adjusted his belt and continued looking downwards. Finally, Raleigh walked over to the monitors. “Thanks so much for letting me come to the party. I had a great time meeting your fantastic friends. Tell Dylan I really appreciate it.”

Chuck nodded. He saw the smile on Raleigh’s face but his eyes were filled with despair. It looked like tears were about to spill over his cheeks. Raleigh turned his face and fiddled with his belt again. Chuck decided not to press it.

“Let’s check out the food court rest rooms. Something fishy is going on there,” Chuck said. Raleigh said sure and pulling up on his pants, gestured toward the mall.

After realizing it was the Caribou coffee’s barista changing his clothes, the two mall cops decided to head around the perimeter. It was a beautiful day out.

“I’m glad you had a good time last night,” Chuck said as the turned the corner. “We should do that again sometime. You’re pretty cool to hang out with.” He turned and looked at Raleigh who was no longer at his side. He was still standing at the corner a few feet behind him.

Raleigh looked absolutely white and stricken. He was frozen like a statue. Finally he looked up a Chuck.

“Dude, I fucked up big time,” as tears fell down the blond man’s cheeks.

********************************************

Dylan saw Kenny come in looking no worse for the wear. He had his usual cocky grin on his face. While Kenny set up the bar, Dylan came around. “Did you have a good time last night?” Dylan asked.

“The best. That blond can rock my world,” he answered.

Dylan was shocked. Then a few moments later Isaac came in through the front door. He looked positively wrecked. His usually perfect blond hair was a mess. He had dark circles under his eyes. As he passed the bar Kenny called out to him, “Last night was amazing Isaac.” Isaac didn’t look up and went back to the wait station.

The brunch rush was busier than normal. Dylan was making great money and had big, happy tables of guests. The day was passing by quickly and Isaac was oddly silent all morning and early afternoon. As the dining room emptied, Dylan was determined to find out what was going on. This was weird.

“Isaac, how are you doing?” Dylan sat down to polish silverware.

“Good. I had an amazing time last night,” Isaac said but he looked sullen and dark.

“Was that straight boy everything you’d hoped for?” Dylan said, finally deciding to needle him a bit.

“He was the best lay I’d ever had,” Isaac said honestly but still looked like his dog had just died.

“So what was Kenny like?” Dylan asked. “I just couldn’t believe it when he kissed you.”

“Oh Dylan,” Isaac wailed. “I think I really screwed up. Big time.”

***************************************

Chuck slapped his forehead. “What did you say to her? Did you say nasty things to Susan?”

“Huh?” Raleigh asked. “Susan who?”

Chuck was furious. “The blond you went home with last night after the party. You don’t remember her name?”

Raleigh chewed the inside of his cheek. His hands opened and closed as he continued to weep. Chuck stared at him.

“I remember the name of the blond I slept with last night. His name is Isaac. It was incredible. And now I don’t think I’ll ever feel that wonderful again,” Raleigh said. Chuck jaw dropped. He walked over and embraced the man. He was heaving with deep, guttural sobs. He tried to comfort his friend. Yeah, this deeply sadden man was his friend now. He could feel his heart go out to him.

“What happened? You left the party with Susan. How did you end up with Isaac? And what the hell? I thought you were straight.”

Raleigh was trying to pull himself together. He didn’t know where to start. He’d had a night in heaven. He awoke this morning with a man he could love cuddled up next to him. But, after they got up he realized he’d never feel that way again with this man. His heart was broken.

Raleigh began. “Like I said, I fucked up. Chuck, I’m gay. I’ve always known I’m gay. I just didn’t know how to be comfortable with it. Last night was my first time. And now what am I going to do?”

Chuck was completely thrown for a loop. “But you and Susan? Kenny and Isaac?”

“Kenny heard Isaac say he could get any straight man he wanted into bed. Kenny and Susan asked if I’d help them teach Isaac a lesson. They’d gotten back together and needed an accessory. Kenny pretended to be interested in Isaac. He was leading him on. I was Susan’s date and that was the reason Kenny was going to do Isaac, to get back at her.” He sighed.

“I thought Isaac was really cute. I wanted to make out with him or something. I’ve never done anything with another guy. You said in the car Isaac would like me more if I was straight. I decided I’d play that role since I do it all the time. I didn’t know how well it worked.”

“So, Kenny was just pretending in front of us that he was interested in Isaac? You and Susan were playacting so they could play a trick on him? Then you figured you could get into Isaac’s pants by playing it straight?” Chuck said. What a stupid thing to do. No wonder Raleigh felt so terrible. He was about to find out how bad it really was.

“I just wanted to kiss him,” Raleigh said. “At that point, I thought that was the best I could do.”

Chuck groaned. Raleigh looked like he was about to start crying again.

“When we went into the house, Kenny took Isaac in his arms just as Susan and I came in. Kenny looked at us. Looked as Isaac and said, “Got ya bitch.” He let go of Isaac and then French kissed Susan. I didn’t know what to do. Isaac looked so mad.”

“You led me on to make me look like a fool?’ Isaac said to Kenny and Susan.”

“Isaac. You’re an arrogant little bitch. You can’t talk to people like that. You need to get real,” Kenny said.

Then Kenny and Susan kissed again. Isaac was so mad. “You are wrong Kenny. You are the bitch. I’m proving you wrong.” Isaac grabbed my arm and dragged me after him. When he got into the car he was crying. I felt so bad for him but I didn’t know what to do.

“Isaac, I think you are really cute but I’m straight,” I said. I don’t know why I said it. I just wanted him to stop crying. He was so humiliated. I couldn’t stand the fact he was upset.

“You’re cute too,” he said sniffling. “But now Kenny is gonna hold this over my head forever. Gawd I hate that bastard.”

“What if you did get a straight guy to make out with you?” I asked him.

“Are you gonna make out with me?” Isaac said. “I don’t think so.”

“I’ve always wondered what kissing a man felt like,” I told him. “I really love women but I think you are a good looking dude.”

Isaac looked at me. “Really?” he said. In order to keep the façade going, I looked down and nodded. I really wanted to kiss him. I leaned over and kissed him on the neck. “Really? You aren’t just part of this joke are you?”

*******************************************

“Dylan, he reached over and touched me. I swear to Gawd, he groped me.”

“Raleigh?” Dylan said hardly believing this story. He believed Isaac would pick up a straight guy or married guy or hell any guy and take him home to do, but Raleigh the pussy hound?

“After what Kenny and Susan did to me, I wasn’t sure either. But I decided to press the issue. I asked him if he wanted to come home with me. He didn’t answer at first. He just looked at his hands for a minute. Then he said yes but just to kiss.”

“Raleigh wanted to go to your apartment and make out with you? I don’t know the guy very well but…”

“Dylan. He came home with me and it was amazing. We got to the apartment and he was all shy and stuff. I started rubbing his shoulders and he was so tense. I sat next to him and he leaned over and kissed me. It was really gentle and sweet. Then he fucking attacked my lips.”

“Raleigh?” Dylan asked again. “Are you just making this up?”

“We have been friends for a long time. When have I made up sex with a guy?”

“You had sex with him?” Dylan asked.

“No. Gawd no, we made love. It was so wild at first. He was ripping my clothes off so I ripped his clothes off. He has an amazing body and he is built. That man is a rock but he was so sweet and so loving. It was crazy. And hot. It was amazing.”

Dylan’s mouth was open. “Are you saying you had sex with Raleigh?”

“No Dylan. I’m saying we made love. I should do straight guys more often. Fuck. He was incredible. His technique wasn’t the best but his enthusiasm more than compensated.”

“Raleigh fucked you?” Dylan said.

“Yes he did. Twice.”

“Maybe he’s bi.”

Isaac remembered his thoughts earlier. “This morning he confirmed he’s straight. I asked him. I want to see him again and he said no. He said it was just a one night thing. I felt so good until then. Now, I feel so bad. I’m just a hole. I’m just a warm body for men to use. I wish I were dead.”

Dylan came around the table as Isaac’s sobs made his chest heave. He whispered to Isaac as the blond man held his screams inside himself.

*******************************

Raleigh got himself under control. Chuck held him for another moment and then stepped back. He put a finger on the blond man’s chin and directed his head up. “Why didn’t you tell me you were gay? You didn’t say anything when I told you about Dylan. We had the whole car ride to the party. Why didn’t you say something then?”

Raleigh looked stricken. He swallowed and said. “I’ve never told anyone before. I didn’t know how to say it. I’ve been so closeted my whole life. I’d never had the courage to say those words. All I know how to do is pretend. I almost told you guys in the car but then, I just couldn’t.”

“This isn’t so bad. You want to see Isaac again I take it,” Chuck asked calmly.

“I do but now you and Dylan will hate me ‘cause I’m a liar. Isaac will hate me because I’m just a piece of shit that lied to him. I hoped moving here to a place that was more open to gays would give me a fresh chance to be myself. I just fell into the same stupid trap I built for myself in Wyoming.”

“I don’t hate you,” Chuck said smiling at him. “I’m sure Dylan won’t hate you. We both had to come out of the closet at one time. I was lucky. My Nanna made it easy but Dylan had troubles. I’m sure Isaac will understand too once you talk to him.”

“Oh no. I can’t talk to Isaac. I just told him a few hours ago I was straight and didn’t want to see him again. He was so sad when I left. I’m sure he really hates me.”

“Don’t worry. Dylan will know what to do. He’ll take care of this. Raleigh. We like you. I really liked you last night. The real you was a fun guy without all the playacting and trying to be someone you’re not. There’s a really good guy in there and I want to be friends with that person.”

Raleigh grinned sheepishly. “Really? You’re not just saying that because I’m upset.”

“Hell no. I see someone now who I could hang out with and shoot the shit with. Before you were so weird and off-putting,” Chuck said. “Now I see a real person.”

“Really,” Raleigh’s sheepish grin widened into a real smile. “You like me better like this?”

“Hell yeah. Dylan will too.”

***********************************************

Dylan left the table and Isaac for a few minutes. Isaac was already embarrassed enough about what had happened. He didn’t want him to feel more self-conscious. He went to the bar where Kenny was watching the game with one eye and his three customers with the other. Isaac was feeling so bad and Dylan didn’t know what to do to help. Raleigh shouldn’t have done that. Isaac was an annoyance but didn’t deserve to get treated like a piece of meat. If Raleigh wanted to get his nut, he should’ve found some skank, not Isaac. That’s not really fair, Dylan thought. Raleigh did what Isaac wanted him too. It just sucked.

“Can you believe that call,” Kenny said to his patrons. “That was bullshit. He was out of bounds.”

“Kenny,” Dylan heard himself say. “Can I talk to you for a minute?”

“Sure Dylan. What’s up?” Kenny said from where he was standing.

“Come here,” Dylan ordered in a stage whisper.

“What?” Kenny hissed and came closer.

“Can you do me a really big favor?” he asked the studly guy. “It’s really important to help a friend.”

Kenny looked at Dylan questioning. The guy had the biggest heart. Kenny knew the favor wouldn’t be for Dylan though he couldn’t imagine what it could be. “Yeah Dylan. What is it?”

“Would you apologize to Isaac for last night?”

“Hell no. I will not say I’m sorry to that nasty, arrogant little bitch,” Kenny shook his head. “No way.”

“Come on Kenny. Isaac’s really hurting right now. He hooked up with Chuck’s coworker and feels like shit today. Listen,” Dylan said. “I’ll cover any shift you want if you’ll do this.”

Kenny stood back and crossed his beefy forearms and glared at Dylan. “Even after all Isaac has done to cause trouble with Chuck, you’d be willing to cover a Monday night?”

“Whatever you ask,” Dylan said. Monday was the worst shift of the week.

“Shit. I shouldn’t do this. That asshole had it coming.”

“I know he did but it would make him feel so much better,” Dylan said.

“Fine. Tomorrow night is yours,” Kenny said and ducked under the bar to get to the other side. He walked past the booths and into the back dining room. He could hear the blond sniffling as he approached. Gawd. The guy was so pathetic. But he’d never heard Isaac cry before. Maybe the guy really was in a bad place.

“Isaac?” Kenny said. Isaac looked up. He looked like warmed over crap. Dylan wasn’t kidding.

“I’m sorry Susan and I played that trick on you last night. It’s just you get so nasty…”

“Kenny,” Dylan said in a warning tone. He was right behind Kenny. “I think what Kenny means is you aren’t very nice to people sometimes.”

“Yeah, what he said,” Kenny growled. “Anyway, I’m sorry about that.”

Isaac snorted and cleared his throat. “That’s okay. I’m sorry I said you were only a couple shots of Jagermeister away from being my bitch.”

“Isaac! Did you really say that?” Dylan exclaimed. “No wonder he did that to you.”

“I didn’t really mean it,” Isaac said looking slyly at the two. “I was mostly kidding.”

“Isaac, you are a real piece of work,” Dylan said exasperated.

Poor Isaac, but even more so, poor Raleigh. Out of the closet and into the frying pan, so to speak.
Copyright © 2013 Cole Matthews; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Yes, poor Raleigh. And poor Issac. I know Dylan will know what to do to help Raleigh make it right with Issac.

 

Great chapter, Cole! :):2thumbs:

 

Although I still think that barista is a bit fishy walking around in a parka in August. lol He couldn't just keep his change of clothes in a plastic bag? lol

Link to comment
On 09/09/2013 08:45 AM, Lisa said:
Yes, poor Raleigh. And poor Issac. I know Dylan will know what to do to help Raleigh make it right with Issac.

 

Great chapter, Cole! :):2thumbs:

 

Although I still think that barista is a bit fishy walking around in a parka in August. lol He couldn't just keep his change of clothes in a plastic bag? lol

Thanks Lisa. OMG you are starting to like Isaac aren't you. He really isn't all bad. Not at all.
Link to comment

I don't know if I like Isaac or not. I just really like the name Issac. It always goes with such yummy menfolk. Enough about that though. Damn this was an excellent chapter. It was such a curve! I had no idea that was coming with Raleigh. I started reading this story last week and got all caught up now. I really like it. Anywho. I like your story and your dudes are fun. :2thumbs:

Link to comment
On 09/09/2013 01:00 PM, Carrie76 said:
I don't know if I like Isaac or not. I just really like the name Issac. It always goes with such yummy menfolk. Enough about that though. Damn this was an excellent chapter. It was such a curve! I had no idea that was coming with Raleigh. I started reading this story last week and got all caught up now. I really like it. Anywho. I like your story and your dudes are fun. :2thumbs:
Thanks Carrie. I'm glad you are enjoying it. I'm having a blast! There are a few more twists and turns to come. I hope you enjoy them as well. Yeah!
Link to comment

The apology scene was hysterical. Like any other conversation, you never know all that went on unless you were there to witness it. Poor Dylan, trying to make things better, and found out the "couple of shots" remartk. lol. Sorry, that was just too funny. Might have to use that myselt :P-_-

Link to comment
On 10/08/2013 04:19 AM, joann414 said:
The apology scene was hysterical. Like any other conversation, you never know all that went on unless you were there to witness it. Poor Dylan, trying to make things better, and found out the "couple of shots" remartk. lol. Sorry, that was just too funny. Might have to use that myselt :P-_-
I'm afraid I used to use the two shots remark when I was a bartender and the straight guys got a little uppity. Use away!
Link to comment

So not what I was expecting from the morning after :lol: I´m actually going to say "poor Isaac" :/ and poor Raleigh, now they need to talk and fix the bad situation. Isaac and Raleigh could make a great couple.

Link to comment

:unsure: but. but.. I don't like Isaac !! Dang ! I saw a completely new side of him :unsure: What a mess ! Poor Raleigh and poor Isaac :pinch:

Great chapter, Cole !!

Link to comment
On 11/08/2013 09:43 AM, Slytherin said:
:unsure: but. but.. I don't like Isaac !! Dang ! I saw a completely new side of him :unsure: What a mess ! Poor Raleigh and poor Isaac :pinch:

Great chapter, Cole !!

I pulled the old switcheroo on you! Thanks for the review.
Link to comment

This had me laughing my head off. Serves Isaac right. And Raleigh deserves feeling miserable for continuing the lie about being straight. Why the F... did he do that? :facepalm:

After I'd had my :evil::lol: I did manage to feel a bit sorry for them, but I'm sure Dylan and Chuck will sort matters out. They are so kind-hearted.

Link to comment
On 01/20/2015 03:42 AM, Timothy M. said:
This had me laughing my head off. Serves Isaac right. And Raleigh deserves feeling miserable for continuing the lie about being straight. Why the F... did he do that? :facepalm:

After I'd had my :evil::lol: I did manage to feel a bit sorry for them, but I'm sure Dylan and Chuck will sort matters out. They are so kind-hearted.

I thought you might like that. You'll see what drives these guys. Your instincts about Dylan and Chuck are good. Thanks Tim! :)
Link to comment

So, Raleigh's over the top sexist remarks were due to him thinking that's how straight guys talk and make friends?  Well, I guess he's not a 100% off.  ~chuckle~  :gikkle:   So, the consequences of lying and treating people badly suck, huh Isaac & Raleigh?  Tough!  You'll just have to face the painful results and humble yourselves a bit with some truth and communication with the one you want.  Serves you right!  Both of you better be thankful for good friends that see past your shit and are willing to help you fight for the good stuff.  Great plot twist, Cole, I gotta hand it to you.  :o  ~ Ms. V

Edited by Y0rite
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..