Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Porcupines - 25. Chapter 25 - Cody

Here is the story Raleigh couldn't tell before. It is quite disturbing and please don't read it if violence affects you negatively. Thank you.

Chapter 25 - Cody

Raleigh looked down and began, “I came with my mother because I needed to get out of there. Wyoming almost killed me.”

“What?” Chuck and Dylan said together, in shock.

Isaac touched Raleigh and nodded again. Raleigh screwed up the courage to tell his story. “It all started with a party…”

*******************************

“Rol, git your frickin ass in the truck or we’re gonna miss the entire shindig,” Cody yelled out his window at my house. I was trying to get out of there as fast as I could, but my mother was giving me some stupid instructions for errands she wanted me to run the next day. I was staying overnight in town at Cody’s. I couldn’t have been more excited and more nervous. I loved Cody and was going to tell him tonight. I knew he wouldn’t be happy about it, but I couldn’t stand it any longer. He’d been my best friend since I was little and it just killed me lying to him.

“Ma, I’ve got the list. I’ve got your notes. Don’t worry. I’ll get it all done and then bring the truck home from Cody’s. He said it’s fixed now.”

I finally escaped my mother and ran out to the truck. Cody was bitchin’ up a storm as I climbed into the truck. “You’re worse than a girl. You are always late Rol. Just like Connie. Always primping and making herself pretty when all I’m gonna do is throw her on the bed and mess her up. Maybe I should throw you on the bed and mess you up Rol. Maybe then you wouldn’t always make us late,” Cody laughed. I was quiet. The suggestion of Cody and me in bed had me pretty excited. I was so attracted to him, but it also kinda creeped me out.

“What’s your problem?” Cody hit my arm. “I’m just screwing with you. Don’t be such a pussy.”

“I know,” I said to him and I couldn’t stop looking at him. “I wish…” I heard my voice crack but Cody had turned up the radio so I don’t think he noticed.

“Gonna be some hot-ass pussy there tonight. Sweet poontang for you. Gotta get you laid Rol. That’s the only reason you’re so quiet lately. Time to get some hair pie for my bud,” Cody said hitting me again. This guy was so handsome. I loved him like a big brother, though. I feared his rejection but I couldn’t lie to him anymore. My guts were tied into knots because I didn’t know where my feelings for him started and ended.

“Speaking of hot chicks, Connie’s cousin Twyla is gonna be at the party. I texted a picture of you to her. She thinks you’re hot and she’s a sure thing. You’re finally gonna get some.”

“I’ve had my share of women,” I lied to Cody. I hadn’t actually done anything more than make out. Once a girl I dated tried to use her hand on me but nothing happened. It just didn’t do anything for me.

“Well, it’s been too long. We’ve gotta get you laid and you can have the basement after you put the moves on Twyla. She’s a sure thing,” Cody said again. I was sick to my stomach. What was I going to do? I planned on telling Cody about how I felt and he set me up with some girl.

The party was the usual shit kicking kegger with everyone whooping and lots of drunken cowboys and cowgirls. I liked the cowboys but they were usually on one end or another of a cowgirl. This time it was even worse. Connie had brought her cousin Twyla who was very pretty and was making it very clear she didn’t need a second date to consummate our relationship. She was hanging all over me and groping me all night long. I would talk with Cody, get all horned up and then Twyla would grope me and it would go away. It was a nightmare.

Finally, it was about time to go and Connie was hanging on Cody. Twyla was inviting herself along to Cody’s and I couldn’t take it. I was pretty drunk. Cody, Twyla and I were waiting at the keg for a final beer. I got an idea. I couldn’t face that big bossy brunette attacking me. I had to tell Cody tonight. I couldn’t wait. These two women stood in the way of that.

Cody grabbed a beer for him and Connie. “Get her primed and ready Rol. She’s ready to climb you like a fire pole,” Cody said and walked off.

“Hey, sweetie. What did Cody say?” Twyla asked and was crawling all over me. This had to work.

“He’s just wondering if you’re ready to go to his house.”

“Sure. I’m ready. I could use some of your sugar tonight,” she purred.

“Oh. I’m not gonna be at his house,” I lied. “I’m staying at another friend’s tonight. Cody wants to have a three-way with you and Connie. He wanted to know if you were ready to go.” I felt terrible about making up this story but I couldn’t live one more night without telling my buddy. Besides, I wanted her tongue out of my ear.

“Ewwww. Connie is my cousin. I’m not doing some guy with my cousin. That’s just sick,” she screwed up her face. She was drunk enough to believe this absurd story but not so drunk as to go along with the idea. I’d hit pay dirt. “Gross,” she said. “I’m not doing it.”

“Sorry about that. I thought you knew about this. Cody told me Connie was cool with it.”

“Gawd no. I was supposed to meet you tonight,” she said.

“I’m sorry but Cody was pretty sure you were both going to make it with him tonight. It’s always been a fantasy of his,” I laid it on thick.

I watched as the drunken Twyla got madder and madder. She suddenly marched over to Connie and took her by the arm. They whispered back and forth. I headed back over to Cody. The second part of the plan was up next.

“Cody. Twyla thinks you don’t like her. You should make sure you are cool with her coming to your house. Let her know how you like her apart from me. She told me you just tolerated her because of me.”

“Don’t worry buddy. I got this covered,” he said putting his arm around my shoulder and hugging me. I melted. This was my idol, my best friend, and his touch made me vibrate.

“Connie!” he called out drunkenly. “Bitches. Get your asses over here.”

Connie and Twyla looked at each other and whispered again. Twyla was shaking her head.

“Come on my lovelies. Give Cody some sugar. I love you both,” he called out. Connie whispered to Twyla. Twyla pointed over to us and I shrugged.

Connie came over pulling Twyla with her. They both looked angry, Connie even more than Twyla.

“What do you think is going to happen tonight?” Connie demanded. Cody never had a chance. He’d had at least a dozen beers and a few shots. He didn’t catch on to what she was saying.

“Gals. I like you both. Twyla, you are welcome to join us at my house,” Cody said and winked at me. It had worked.

Connie gasped at Cody’s response. She threw her beer on him. Twyla stepped up and swung her purse at him. He was struck right in the mouth. Poor Cody. I felt terrible but underneath a little good as well. He was mine for the night.

Cody ended up having a couple more beers while I sobered up some. He couldn’t drive, so I did the honors. He fell asleep in the truck and as we drove to his place I couldn’t stop looking at his firm, hairy jawline and his beautiful hair. He was so handsome. I felt just electric. I also felt kind of bad too.

When we got to the house, I helped him get out of the truck. He was so sloppy drunk I had to half carry him into his house. He couldn’t unlock the door. I took his keys and got the door open. After getting him into the house and on the couch, Cody was semi-coherent.

“Goddamn I’m wasted,” Cody said and pulled off his shirt. If only he hadn’t done that. I was drunk myself and the sight of his broad hairy chest and hot red nipples were so thrilling. I adjusted my shorts but it didn’t do much good.

“Get me a fucking beer,” he demanded. I told him he’d had enough but that only made him angry. “I said get me a fucking beer now.” I got him a beer. What a mistake. I got one for myself too.

He took a swig and turned to me and smiled a drunken, half-cocked smile. “Didn’t get either one of us laid tonight,” he said. “I don’t know what got into Connie. Usually she’s up for my shit.” With that, he grabbed his junk and shook it. I had to turn away. “Buddy, I had it all set up. I don’t know what happened.”

I knew what happened and right about then I felt like the crap you scrape from the bottom of your shoe. I just sat there and drank my beer.

Cody closed his eyes for a moment and I took the chance to look at him. I saw his erect, fiery red nipples and the gentle curves of his pecs and ridges of his stomach. I wanted to touch him. I could smell Cody’s scent but I wanted to taste him as well. It was like another layer of drunkenness. I was captured by his body. He opened his eyes and saw me. I looked away quickly.

“What’re you looking at Rol?” he asked softly. I could feel his eyes on me.

“You were perving on me you little shit,” he said. A cold, freezing stab of fear rose from my gut to my throat.

Cody growled. I didn’t respond right away. I could feel all the fear and the desire and the disgust with myself well up. I couldn’t talk. I tried to get stand up and get away. He didn’t sound so friendly and maybe this was a mistake. Cody grabbed my arm and pulled me back down on the couch.

“How come you were staring at me? You were staring at my chest and your fucking tongue was hanging out. What the hell Rol?”

“I wasn’t staring at you Cody. I was just…looking at you.”

“I don’t get you. Why the hell were you staring at my fucking chest and dick? It’s fucking weird.”

I didn’t know what to say to that. I had been checking him out and it was exciting me. I just hung my head and hoped he’d just pass out.

“You’re a fucking fag aren’t you?” Cody roared into my ear. I could smell his stinking breath as he shouted at me. I could almost feel the heat of his anger. I was petrified. He pulled my face close to his. “You’re a faggot aren’t you?” I couldn’t say anything. I just looked at him and his face was blurred. Everything he was saying was true.

“Rol, you’re fucking queer for my ass aren’t you?” he was shouting at me and I could feel the spittle fly from his mouth. “You want my dick don’t you, little faggot boy.” I couldn’t say anything but I tried to get off the couch again.

“Just let me go,” I said but Cody wasn’t going to let me. He stood up and leaned over, his face in mine. I could feel the spittle fly from his lips as his drunkenness unleashed his fury.

“You got me all shit-faced so you could look at me didn’t ya, faggot?”

“Cody, no, I didn’t. I mean, I’m not…”

“Wait a minute. You fucking cock blocked me didn’t you? You got Connie and her cousin pissed so you could have me for yourself, you piece of shit.” I couldn’t say anything. I’d done that. I was the pathetic little fag he thought I was. I felt my face grow redder.

“You are a worthless little queer who got me drunk, got me horny, and then got me home to fucking creep on me, didn’t you?”

“No!” I finally denied it. “Cody, it’s not like that.”

“What a fucking faggoty piece of shit,” and with that he punched me in the face, right on the nose. Blood gushed and I said. “No! Cody!”

Cody pulled me off the couch and threw me on the floor. He started kicking me, hard in the side. Then he kicked my face again. He fell on me and pummeled my guts with his fists. Suddenly, he realized he was straddling my legs with his dick hanging out and lurched to stand.

“Probably like this don’t you,” and he said continuing to kick me and punch me in the stomach. “Fucking queer bait getting all excited because I’m touching you.”

Finally, Cody stopped raging and looked at me. A weird look traveled across his face as he realized what he’d done. He had beat the crap outta me, his oldest friend. But, that sudden appearance of horror slipped away. I wasn’t his friend Raleigh anymore. I was a sick piece of crap that had wanted him, not as a friend, but as a lover.

“Get the fuck outta my house,” he raged and kicked me in the nuts. “You won’t need those anyway you fucking faggot.” I was screaming and clutching my balls as I tried to crawl to the door but he kept kicking me in the side and the ass. “You’ve probably been jacking off thinking about how to get me to fuck you, haven’t you?”

I kept saying no and trying to make it to the door. His feet kept me down and I couldn’t get there. I was hurting bad now. I could feel blood drip from my face onto the carpet. “Get the fuck outta here,” he screamed at me and punched my back. That almost made me black out for a second, but I scrambled to my feet and jumped for the door. I made it outside and he was still yelling but he was crying too. I stumbled to my truck and drove like a bat outta hell home.

As I lay in bed that night, I thought about how everything Cody said about me was true. I wanted to die. I just cried from the pain in my side and face and the pain in my heart. I was nothing more than a piece of garbage faggot like he said. I fell asleep with my pillow wet with blood and tears.

When I woke up the next morning, my side ached and I had to piss. When I stood at the toilet, I could see my urine was red. I looked at my face in the mirror. My nose was crooked and I had bruises on my cheeks that were deep purple. I couldn’t let my mom see me like that so I tried to clean up and sneak out. She caught me.

We went to the ER and I told her and the nurse I’d been beaten up outside the bar. I lied and said I didn’t know who did it but my mom didn’t believe me. She knew I was staying at Cody’s and he’d never let that happen to me. I didn’t say anything else, not at first.

They sewed me up and took some x-rays. I was rushed into surgery. They took out a kidney. It was mashed to pieces. My mom was crying and begging for me to tell her what happened. I couldn’t. I was too scared and too filled with anger at myself. I deserved to be beaten but I never said that to her.

A day later, a guy came to talk to me, a counselor. I tried not to talk to him but then it came gushing out after he promised not to tell anyone else. I told him I was gay. He was the first person I’d ever said those words to. He listened as I cried and hurt. Grey, that was his name, hugged me gently and told me it was okay. It wasn’t bad to be gay. I didn’t deserve to get beaten up and he offered to call the police for me. I panicked and he backed off.

My mom was supposed to leave the next day for the Cities to take care of my aunt. She called and said it would be a couple more days until I could travel. She wouldn’t take no for an answer. I was coming with her. She wouldn’t leave me here. She knew I was in danger for something, but I have never told her why. After I got out of the hospital, we drove here. It took me a month to recover from surgery and then I got a job at the mall working security.

That’s why I’m here.

******************************** End flashback

Isaac knew the story and as Raleigh told it he held him closer and closer to his little, slim body. The bigger blond man hadn’t cried or shown any real emotion as he’d told his story. It was almost mechanical the way he had told it. Chuck and Dylan brushed the tears from their eyes.

“I’m sorry Raleigh,” Dylan said and got up and hugged him around the neck. “I’m sorry you got hurt and I’m sorry you lost your friend.”

“Raleigh. We’re your friends now. We’re here for you whenever you are ready to tell your mother,” Chuck said, choking on the words. “You’ll never be that alone again.”

“Thanks guys,” Raleigh sputtered. Now the tears flowed down his cheeks. Isaac held him even closer and kissed his teary cheeks.

“I’m here for you babe. You’ll never have to go through that again,” his boyfriend said sweetly and soberly. “I know it’s been hard on you but we’re here for you now.”

Raleigh wiped the tears away. “It’s just so good to say it now. I feel sometimes like Cody did the right thing but then I see you guys and I know it was wrong.”

“He gay bashed you,” Dylan said. “He didn’t have a right to hit you because you like guys. That was wrong.”

“I know that but I was so scared and hated being gay so much, it was just killing me.”

“We’re here,” Chuck said taking Raleigh’s hand. “You’re loved.”

Raleigh kissed Isaac and smiled at them all. He was gonna be all right.

“I didn’t know you had more friends,” Dylan sulked. He’d said exactly the wrong thing.
“Did you think my sister and Raleigh were the only people I know in the world?” Chuck was now hot. “Am I that pathetic?”
“No. Of course not. I just didn’t know,” Dylan said. He was making things worse. He hated seeing the dark cloud that covered his boyfriend’s face. It was making his heart and stomach roil.
Copyright © 2013 Cole Matthews; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

OMG! What a powerful, heartbreaking chapter. Great writing Cole, and the emotions were over the top. Great job! :worship:

Link to comment
On 10/11/2013 01:16 PM, joann414 said:
OMG! What a powerful, heartbreaking chapter. Great writing Cole, and the emotions were over the top. Great job! :worship:
Thank you so much. I owe so much to Zandra and Daithi making it better.
Link to comment

I was really confused there at the end of the chapter. Why were Chuck & Dylan arguing over Chuck's lack of friends? Did that have something to do w/the chapter?

 

Poor Raleigh! Cody should have never laid a hand on him. That was a really heartbreaking chapter but very smart of Raleigh to think of cockblocking to that extent. :)

 

It's important for him to know he's among friends now & what happened w/Cody won't happen again.

 

This was a very emotional chapter, Cole. Shit, I can't believe Cody put Raleigh in the hospital & caused him to lose a kidney.

Link to comment
On 10/11/2013 11:13 PM, Lisa said:
I was really confused there at the end of the chapter. Why were Chuck & Dylan arguing over Chuck's lack of friends? Did that have something to do w/the chapter?

 

Poor Raleigh! Cody should have never laid a hand on him. That was a really heartbreaking chapter but very smart of Raleigh to think of cockblocking to that extent. :)

 

It's important for him to know he's among friends now & what happened w/Cody won't happen again.

 

This was a very emotional chapter, Cole. Shit, I can't believe Cody put Raleigh in the hospital & caused him to lose a kidney.

I must be doing Chapter end notes wrong. Their argument is the teaser for the next chapter. This is the third comment I've got on that. I must have bumped something.

Anyway, thanks so much Lisa.for the review. It is difficult and there is more to come.

Link to comment
On 10/11/2013 02:16 PM, Suvitar said:
Poor Raleigh! What a horrible thing to happen :,( But now he has some new and wonderful friends.
Everybody has good and bad back stories. I hope that comes through when they find people who are on their side.
Link to comment

I couldn't read the entire chapter because I really hate violence :( Poor Raleigh :,(:,( *wiping away tears from my Eyes*

Link to comment
On 12/09/2013 06:36 AM, Slytherin said:
I couldn't read the entire chapter because I really hate violence :( Poor Raleigh :,(:,( *wiping away tears from my Eyes*
Sorry about that. I couldn't tell it any other way. I hope you're enjoying it otherwise.
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
:,( Poor Raleigh :,( How awful that his best friend could hurt him so badly both physically and mentally. I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of Cody. I wonder if he knows how badly he hurt Raleigh - that he caused him to lose a kidney. I also wonder if he feels any remorse... I'm so glad that Raleigh has finally found acceptance, good friends, and a boyfriend who's crazy about him. Great chapter!
Link to comment
On 05/26/2014 11:54 AM, Valkyrie said:
:,( Poor Raleigh :,( How awful that his best friend could hurt him so badly both physically and mentally. I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of Cody. I wonder if he knows how badly he hurt Raleigh - that he caused him to lose a kidney. I also wonder if he feels any remorse... I'm so glad that Raleigh has finally found acceptance, good friends, and a boyfriend who's crazy about him. Great chapter!
Thanks Valkyrie! It was a hard chapter to write. Cody will not return in this story. Raleigh's history molded him. It made him understand how precious his new friends truly are. Remember Isaac's been carrying him through this. It's not new to him.
Link to comment

Oh, Raleigh, what an awful outcome of some poor drunken choices. I'm glad his mother had good sense even if she didn't know what was wrong. But I bet she suspects.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/21/2015 07:18 AM, Timothy M. said:
Oh, Raleigh, what an awful outcome of some poor drunken choices. I'm glad his mother had good sense even if she didn't know what was wrong. But I bet she suspects.
We never meet Raleigh's mom. I decided if I ever do get to a sequel, she will be introduced. It was some terrible choices, wasn't it? Thanks Tim!
Link to comment

I'm so glad you didn't leave this story untold.  I know a couple of chapters back Lynora's intentions were good in asking Raleigh why he came to the cities.  I know Isaac was supportive and loving in telling Raleigh he was among friends and it was safe to share.  Isaac was right and wrong.  It was Raleigh's choice, and I thank god for people in real life like Kelli that help distract and move the curiosity and focus (that can feel like force) away from victims like Raleigh.  Kelli did it in such a low key and organic way, too.

 

I know everyone was supportive at the dinner party, but when we're pushing, even in caring, we make it about our wishes and desires to know, to encourage, to control.  Whether it's coming out or just sharing something traumatic, it can't be about what we want; it's their story, it has to be their timing.  So many well-intentioned people sometimes unintentionally create pressure that can cause more trauma.  It is better to create a safe, loving space to encourage each time someone is getting close and then gently let it go when they can't yet, knowing their time will come, it's not just about our curiosity that isn't getting satisfied.

 

Sorry for the rant, but that's how deep a passionate cord you touched in me with your skill as a writer.  A lot of great even if subtle writing brought us to this moment.  Wow, I'm so glad I will have more of your writing to enjoy.  Keep up the excellent work!  :*)  ~ Ms. V

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..