Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
 

Even If We Tried – Kick-off Party:

To celebrate the release of my book, I'm hosting a live stream event on YouTube for folks to come and discuss my book so we can all reconnect about stories in general. I'd love it if folks stopped by. Everyone is welcome, and I'd love to see you there. It will be an informal chat, more like a coffee meeting, where we chill and talk about the release. I've decided to host it on April 3 at 8 PM (Irish Standard Time… aka GMT), so be sure to check the time difference. Links are below, so save the date.

 

Livestream link - click here.

https://youtube.com/live/eQbfI8vBSvc?feature=share

As They Say - (Revised) - 23. Entry 31

28th May 1991:

Great news... and it's a great start to this diary entry, but I said what the hell? I might as well tell the journal anyway. You're my like best friend, I guess. Well, you know, you get to know all my secrets just because I can't tell Carl all these gay things I'm feeling. So, I might as well put it here.

Great, I'm talking to a book again.

Okay, anyway, let's just get on with it. My aunt Stephanie had a baby boy at 4:30 in the morning. I didn't get to meet with Ross today. I would've so much more enjoyed being with Ross today, but then again, I can't not show up for the new family member. Couldn't she just keep her legs closed for an extra day or something? I would've been able to possibly tell Ross how I feel about him, but now anything that I've built up feels like it's come tumbling down like a pile of bricks.

I only got back about an hour ago from the hospital. Mam wanted to stay the entire day just to see this newborn baby. I mean, what's so interesting about it? Yeah, a new human has been born. What's so wonderful about that? There are thousands of births a day. Why should that one be any more exciting?

Okay, that sounds a little harsh; I'm not like that. I don't want to be like that. I'm not trying to be mean here or anything. I just got so worked up from last night after I went to bed. I was ready to say something to Ross. Even if it wasn't like, ‘hey, I love you, Ross’, or I caved and told him something entirely different, which was entirely off the concept.

I guess that would've been great too. I shouldn't be taking my frustration out on a baby; that's a new sort of low. He was cute— the baby though not Ross.

Ugh... Though Ross is lovely too.

But I'm talking about the baby. He was this chubby little wreak of happiness. His skin looked so raw. Why was he so red looking; did he overcook in the oven? And most of the time, he was just sleeping, so I didn't even get to see him awake. On top of that, Aunt Stephanie was a little exhausted and a bit grouchy. Yeah, I'd be probably a bit cranky if I pushed that thing out of me too…

I don't know how I'll feel about tomorrow. After last night, I started to feel like I could do it, like standing in front of my mirror. I was practically telling myself that I could just go down there first thing in the morning, knock on his door, and when Ross opened up, I'd tell him that I love him. And then Ross would probably be quiet, and then my heart would be like a stereo in my chest, beating like a beat-up clunker of a machine. Even the thought of it right now is making my knees go weak, and I'm sitting down... sigh. Now that I think of it... what if I blurted that out to his grandmother? Yikes.

 

Anyway, so Stephanie named the boy Brandon. Which is a cool name, I guess. Maybe next time I go see the little dude, he will be awake. I'm going to try and get some sleep. I was up late last night after doing my thing. I couldn't help myself; I had some impure thoughts about Ross. I was doing it, and then he popped into my head, and then one thing led to another, and then I started using my spit on my hands as a lubricant, and then things got a little carried away. I began to slur and whisper his name; I guess I wished that Ross was here in the room with me.

When I came, I felt terrible for even using Ross like that. Anyway, I should go now before my Mam says I'm too loud or something. Loud as in making a racket from cleaning or shit, not jerking off. Okay, good, at least I cleared that up.

Good night,

Adam

Copyright © 2023 D.K. Daniels; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Love 5
p style="text-align:center;"> Thanks for reading, if you liked the chapter, let me know what you thought. If you want to read uninterrupted, consider grabbing a copy.

Links to Amazon and Google via my website - www.dk-daniels.com 

Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 12/9/2023 at 12:08 PM, chris191070 said:

Poor Adam, he doesn't seem to get anytime to tell Ross how he feels.

I know, right. If only things stopped preventing him from telling Ross, life would be so much easier. Friends are sometimes so much work lol. Thanks for reading.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 12/9/2023 at 2:12 PM, weinerdog said:

Bad timing messes up Adam's plans....so what else is new?.

Bad timing is probably Adam's best friend right now. Its humiliating, but also so rewarding telling your crush how you feel, and Adam's probably thankful of the time to let things cook, even if its agitating.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..