Jump to content
    D.K. Daniels
  • Author
  • 1,103 Words
  • 993 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
 

Even If We Tried – Kick-off Party:

To celebrate the release of my book, I'm hosting a live stream event on YouTube for folks to come and discuss my book so we can all reconnect about stories in general. I'd love it if folks stopped by. Everyone is welcome, and I'd love to see you there. It will be an informal chat, more like a coffee meeting, where we chill and talk about the release. I've decided to host it on April 3 at 8 PM (Irish Standard Time… aka GMT), so be sure to check the time difference. Links are below, so save the date.

 

Livestream link - click here.

https://youtube.com/live/eQbfI8vBSvc?feature=share

As They Say - (Revised) - 6. Entry 9 & 10

5th May 1991: Part 3

Oh, My God! He's beautiful. I'm not sure if he knows that I could see him, but I got a glimpse of Ross partially naked. From my bedroom window, I have a clear view of the O'Sullivan's house; their house is sorta slanted towards the back of our house. I saw Ross naked. Well, I'm pretty sure he was butt nakey. Although I didn't see his thing, Ross definitely has a great body. He mustn't have been aware that I have a clear view from my bedroom window, but in retrospect, I'm happy. I didn't have anything to complain about.

Who would?

I had a lamp on, but it wasn't that bright, so even if he had looked out the window, he wouldn’t have caught me. But it seemed like he had come from a fresh shower; one of those white towels was draped over his shoulders. When Ross proceeded to dry himself, I got a chance to vaguely see his defined chest and the slim body all the way down as far as his belly button. The window ledge obstructed my view, but oh god, that was a sight.

I wish I had a telescope.

Okay, that sounded inappropriate and largely creepy. But come on, Ross is so damn hot. My shorts are tented right now under the desk. I said to myself that I would cut down on this hobby of mine. I'm not going to be able to skip it now. It's even tough to focus while writing this.

Crying on the inside.

I really need to do this now; fuck’s sake, Ross. Why are you so hot?

Night,

Adam

(who's got a major erection to take care of)

***

6th May 1991: Part 1

Do you know what happened today? That kid Eli punched, Jonathan, confronted me while I was in town? With Ross, with ROSS! He came up to me while I was showing Ross around, and Johnathan started talking leisurely with me, which was okay for the most part. I don't really hang around with Johnathan King. He is, after all, the village idiot when it comes to us. He is a little weird and nerdy, but he is genuinely okay. I'll never understand why we make it so hard for him to just fit in. Johnathan has always had a gentle approach with me because I never really gave him shit. I kinda stood up for him once when I felt that a situation was wrong. However, I was there when Eli hit him on the G.A.A. grounds behind the cluster of trees that separated the pitches from the tennis courts. You know… G.A.A - Gaelic Athletic Association.

I made no effort to intervene when Eli hit him, and he took that frustration out on me in town. Johnathan started his conversation with me like any normal person would, and then it turned subjectivity to the topic of bullying. He got defensive as we moved the discussion onto why Eli had hit him. I wasn't sticking up for Eli or what he had done. I was trying to defend myself.

All in all, Ross just stood around, not sure what to think. I hope this doesn't affect what Ross thinks of me. I hope he doesn't believe I'm a bully or a selfish person. I really am not. Just sometimes, I want to stay out of things. Look what this has done for me now. If I hadn't come to his rescue all those other times, he probably wouldn't have wanted me to help him that day. But he must have expected me to do so. I mean, something would have eaten me up if I stood by and not done anything. I mean, that day when Eli hit him still bothers me a little. It's not subconsciously plaguing me all the time, but it's definitely toying with me. Maybe I should have done more.

I could not believe where all this anger was coming from, but he just suddenly lashed out without any warning and swung his arm at me and hit my head. My immediate response was to drop my bike and shove him back, so I did. I didn't mean to make matters worse. I was just defending myself, but he acted like a dog with rabies. It's not my fault. Why did Johnathan want to tear into me?

He was going to lunge at me again, but Ross got in-between the both of us and pushed us apart. Johnathan did not have any bad words for Ross because Johnny didn't know him. I was kinda glad that Ross did what he had done.

Johnny crossed the line when he coldly said, "I would be careful with the sort of friends you choose. This one here is no different." And just like that, Johnathan walked off down the street.

I felt like I could cry from embarrassment and part guilt. I don't know what I did to cause this, but now I feel like I have jeopardized my friendship with Ross. I should have stood up for that fucking moron.

UghSigh. He's not a moron as much as I'd like to call him it.

Johnny's just angry at what my friends— well, for what Eli— did to him. Is Eli a good friend? I mean, he always has my back when I need him. He is a little moody and temperamental, but so is Carl when you get on the wrong side. Yet Carl is not like Eli; they are complete opposites.

 

Anyway, for the most part, I got to show Ross the village— well, most of it. But I didn’t really feel all that up to it to show him around more, and I asked if we could split and told him that I'd talk to him tomorrow. After making sure that he knew his way home, or an idea of the direction, I cycled home. I did find it a bit strange that Ross wanted to remain in the town. I could have cycled to Eli's house and punched him for all my troubles, but that sort of violence is not in me. Instead, I tossed my bike on the lawn and went inside to contemplate what had just transpired. Sometimes this diary (journal) is good for venting; I don’t do a lot of it in the real world. I do not want anyone to see how I’m suffering.

So, I guess it's a relief that I have you to write in. Is that weird? I called a diary "You."

Later,

Adam

Copyright © 2023 D.K. Daniels; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Love 9
p style="text-align:center;"> Thanks for reading, if you liked the chapter, let me know what you thought. If you want to read uninterrupted, consider grabbing a copy.

Links to Amazon and Google via my website - www.dk-daniels.com 

Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Jonathan confronting Adam would have meant nothing at all to Adam if it wasn't in front of Ross he wants Ross to think of him as a certain kind of guy and you just can't keep that up.

Edited by weinerdog
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 4/19/2023 at 11:09 PM, weinerdog said:

Jonathan confronting Adam would have meant nothing at all to Adam if it wasn't in front of Ross he wants Ross to think of him as a certain kind of guy and you just can't keep that up.

Something so small can feel like the end of the world when you're a teenager, and in front of your crush, sure. Everybody wants to look good in front of someone they like, we all want a shot at a happy ever after. Thanks for reading

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 4/19/2023 at 11:15 PM, chris191070 said:

Awesome chapter 

Thanks for reading, glad you're enjoying the progression.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..