Jump to content
    Filzmoos
  • Author
  • 5,864 Words
  • 2,374 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Different Love - 38. Chapter 38

“You shouldn’t have bought me that” I sighed reproachfully, casting a suspicious glance at the rectangular shaped present in front of me “Its looks far too expensive”

“Nonsense love, it’s your 21st. You deserve something special” answered mum, smiling.

Dad nodded his head in agreement and the mug of tea he was holding shook slightly as he lifted it carefully towards his lips. It was the following morning and I was sitting in the lounge eating breakfast, before getting ready for work. Mum and dad had just wished me happy birthday, proudly presenting me with a card and a long rectangular shaped birthday present. It was wrapped in silver paper bearing the number 21 intertwined with a key and it instantly reminded me of the key that Nathan had given me to his flat the previous evening.

Normally, when my birthday was getting close, they would make a barely disguised attempt to determine what I wanted, but this year nothing had been said at all and I was genuinely puzzled. I quickly tore open the envelope and pulled out the card, smiling broadly as I read the neatly written inscription inside.

‘To our special son Jason. All our love on your 21st birthday. Mum & Dad xxxx.’

“Aww thanks mum, thanks dad. That’s really nice of you”

I stood the card on the table facing me and slowly began to unwrap my present. Carefully peeling back the paper revealed a narrow blue box and my heart began beating slightly faster in anticipation. The name of an exclusive local jewellers was embossed on the top in gold lettering and I immediately knew that whatever was inside must have been pretty expensive. The lid snapped open as I gently forced it apart and my eyes opened wide with delight as the contents of the box were revealed. A gold neck chain lay on the blue moulded velvet interior with a small round pendant sitting in the centre. The chain was a finely braided design similar to the ones I'd often looked at longingly in the shop window and the pendant was in delicately pierced metal forming the letter ‘J’.

“Do you like it lad?" Dad cried excitedly "Your mum chose it”

Choked with emotion, I was momentarily lost for words and couldn’t answer his question. “It’s absolutely beautiful” I replied finally, staring at the gold chain in awe “I’ve wanted one of these for ages”

“We know you have love” added mum “Its solid gold, so make sure you look after it, won’t you?”

She threw me a warning glance and I immediately knew she was referring to the episode with my wrist. I swallowed guiltily and once again thought about my damaged watch

“Yeah, of course I will"

I carefully took it out of the box and held the pendant in the palm of my hand, letting the chain slip gently through my fingers “This is awesome! I don't know what to say"

"You don't have to say anything" she replied quietly "It's just a token of our love"

Her poignant heartfelt words made the tears begin to well up in my eyes and I pulled her towards me in a tight hug. Momentarily overcome with emotion, I gave a muffled response into her shoulder.

"I love you both too"

She squeezed me slightly tighter to indicate she'd understood and I broke away, attempting to hide how emotional I was feeling with a simple request.

"Will you put it on for me mum? I’d like to wear it straight away”

“Of course love, turn around"

She took the chain from my hand and carefully placed it around my neck, fumbling with the delicate fastening at the back. “There you go son, it’s on”

“I don’t know how to thank you” I said, addressing them both “It’s absolutely brilliant! Exactly what I wanted”

“We just wanted to make it special for you” commented dad “You know, seeing as it’s your 21st and everything”

"You certainly did that! It's awesome! Thank you so much"

“Anyway, the look on your face was enough” said mum “I can tell we made the right choice”

The pleasure they obviously felt from my reaction was apparent on their faces too and I had a gut feeling that this was going to be a birthday to remember. I knew that money was always short so once again, as with the watch, they must have saved for ages to buy it. This time I would make sure I guarded it with my life!

“What time are you going out with Nathan?” Mum was saying

“Oh not ‘til about five. I’m meeting him at his flat when he finishes work”

I thought it best not to mention the key as I wasn’t sure if Nathan would want his father to know. He was bound to visit dad when he came to stay next week and it might just get mentioned in casual conversation. The relationship between Nathan and his father sounded fragile enough without me adding fuel to the fire and possibly jeopardising it even further.

I kissed mum on the cheek and thanking them once again for their generosity, walked quickly down the hall to my room, intent on discovering more about Nathan’s time as a model. The gay magazine was exactly where I’d moved it to, stuffed under a pile of clothes on the top shelf of the wardrobe. I hurriedly turned to the back page, desperate to see the breathtakingly beautiful photograph of Nathan once again. Within seconds I’d found it and my heart began to beat slightly faster as my emotions ran riot. Tracing a finger over the image of his body, my imagination quickly took over and I could almost feel his soft warm skin beneath my fingertip. Next, I carefully tore the photograph out of the magazine and gently kissed it before folding it in the back of my wallet. The huge erection that had begun pushing against my trousers emphasised how powerfully it affected me and rampant feelings of desire raged through my body. I had a sudden crazy urge to take off all my clothes, hoping it would somehow make me feel closer to the image of his near naked body and I slowly began to undress. In my mind’s eye it was Nathan peeling off my clothes and before long they lay in a crumpled heap on the floor. The material of the duvet brushed against my bare skin as I lay down on the bed and eagerly grasped my fully erect cock. A slow up and down motion of my hand sent frenzied feelings of ecstasy surging through my stomach, almost making me physically sick with desire. I could almost feel Nathan’s strong hands caressing my body and my back arched above the bed in protest. The movement of my hand gradually became faster and faster as it gathered momentum and the bed creaked and groaned as I pounded away. The muscles in my legs were stretched to the limit as I finally reached a climax and the sheer longing became too much to bear. I couldn’t possibly hold out any longer and several waves of thick creamy liquid shot into the air, landing with a splash across my stomach. I lay there for several seconds, basking in a cloud of euphoria before reluctantly cleaning up the mess. A short while later, my aching body sank back on the bed, a victim of the physical exertion and I gradually fell asleep, totally spent and contented.

The steady hum of the washing machine woke me up with a start about an hour later and for a second or two I wondered why I was lying naked on the bed. A smile crossed my face as the memory returned and an image of Nathan’s handsome face danced before my eyes. A shiver ran through my body as I realised how cold it was and I hurriedly struggled back into my clothes, annoyed for allowing myself to fall asleep and risk being late for work yet again.

The discarded magazine still lay on the chair where I’d left it and I thumbed through the pages, searching for details of how to obtain a back copy. Eventually finding the right page, I took a note of the website address and quickly fired up my old computer. Double checking the issue number that Nathan was appearing in, my hands were shaking with anticipation as I eagerly found the publisher and filled out the necessary online application form. All that was left to do now was to pay for it and the birthday present to myself would be winging its way towards me. Reaching for my wallet, I quickly completed the necessary transaction and by then it was time to leave for work.

Mum popped her head around the kitchen door as I stood buttoning my coat up in the hallway.

“Do you want to take anything for lunch Jason?” she enquired “I can make you a sandwich if you like”

Despite the fact that my recent activities had left me feeling slightly hungry, I didn’t want to spoil my appetite for tonight and reluctantly declined. “No, its ok mum. I won't bother today. I'm only there for a few hours”

“If you’re sure love"

She wandered into the kitchen and I followed her in, fully intending to say goodbye to dad.

“Won’t be a minute” I said, about to walk into the lounge “I’ll just tell dad I’m going"

“He’s fallen asleep love, but I’ll tell him you’ve gone when he wakes up”

That was all he seemed to do these days, I thought to myself sadly and felt really sorry for his poor quality of life.

“I’d better get going then” I said “See you later mum”

“Ok love, see you later”

By mid afternoon my short day at work was over, and I was back home in Dryford again, eagerly waiting for the time to pass before I could get ready to meet Nathan at his flat. Mum bustled into the lounge a few minutes later where I was talking to dad, wanting to know if I would do her a favour.

"Jason love?"

"Yes mum"

"Have you got time to go to the post office to buy some stamps for me? I've got loads of Christmas cards to send but I just haven't had time to get them"

I still had quite a while before it was time to meet Nathan and a walk to the post office would help to pass the time nicely. I readily agreed and in no time at all was ready to go.

The weather was inhospitable to say the least as I stepped outside and shut the door firmly behind me. It was the kind of grey murky winter’s day that hardly seemed to get light at all and a bitterly cold breeze blew in my face. Icy snow compressed by a myriad of footprints still covered most of the paths and I gingerly walked towards the shops, doing my best not to slip. Across the snow covered village green, screams and whoops of delight could be heard as the young children were let out of school, eager to vent their pent up frustrations in the snow.

The lights in the Post Office were already on as I stepped inside and the bell above the door tinkled loudly, immediately announcing my arrival. A woman stood at the counter chatting to the post mistress and even before she instinctively turned around on hearing the bell, I realised with a start that it was Aiden's mother. A stack of parcels stood on the counter and as far as I could see the postmistress hadn’t even started to deal with them. I waited patiently behind her, realising it could be quite a while before I got served, when she suddenly turned around and smiled at me.

"Would you like to go first young man?" she asked in a pleasant voice.

Her face was tired and drawn and I didn't think she looked particularly well. I gazed at her undecidedly whilst I wrestled with the options in my mind. I knew the Cassidy’s sold stamps at the general store and I considered going there, but after the incident in the shop doorway I was trying my best to avoid them. Today I wasn't in a particular rush anyway and politely declined her offer, hoping she might mention something interesting about Aiden.

"No, it’s ok, I'll just look around for a while"

She smiled doubtfully and turned back towards the counter to deal with her parcels, whilst I hovered at a nearby magazine rack, absent-mindedly browsing through them. A minute later my patience was rewarded when a sudden mention of Aiden's name made my ears immediately prick up and I moved slightly closer, attempting to eavesdrop on their conversation. The post mistress had obviously asked her how he was and it seemed she was only too pleased to oblige.

“Oh, he's still working at the computer store in the city" she replied "He’s really happy there”

“Oh I am glad. He always seems such a nice boy, your Aiden”

My eyes rolled upwards in surprise and I wondered for a second or two if they were talking about the same person. As far as I was concerned, it would be so much easier for me if he didn't work there at all. For a split second or two, I considered interrupting their conversation to tell them a few home truths, but before I could consider it further his mother began talking again.

“He seems to have been really upset for a while though” she continued, shaking her head. She lowered her voice slightly and looked around the shop, but thankfully I could still hear her.

“I think he’s having problems with his girlfriend”

“Oh, that’s a shame"

“Yes, they seemed to be very much in love with each other not so long ago”

I stood there completely aghast, listening to them discussing how good their relationship had been and how much they'd been in love. No wonder they were having problems, I thought to myself. He'd kissed a guy for god’s sake!

As she continued talking my ears pricked up again and I listened with renewed interest.

“Personally, I don’t think he ever got over his father leaving”

Now this was something I didn't know about him! Hopefully they would continue to gossip and it might at least provide me with an insight into Aiden's home life.

The postmistress continued with her questions “Does he ever get to see him these days?”

“No" Mrs. Thompson responded sadly "He went off a few years ago now and refuses to have anything to do with Aiden at all”

“That must have hit him hard” she sympathised

“Yes, he was devastated. They got on so well when Aiden was younger and then suddenly, he was gone” she said, shaking her head sadly “And then his two brothers emigrated to Australia, so all he has left is me"

"And you're not in the best of health are you Mrs Thompson?" commented the postmistress in a loud whisper.

She leant forward and whispered something that I couldn't catch, before leaning heavily on the counter. The post mistress made sympathetic noises and at last began weighing the parcels. Their conversation moved on to more mundane topics and despite the way that Aiden had treated me, I couldn’t help feeling sorry for him. Perhaps there was more to it than met the eye to cause the way he was behaving. He obviously had more problems to deal with than just his sexual confusion. Crazy as it sounded, my feelings softened towards him as another thought suddenly struck me. Whilst there was never an excuse for bullying, could the way he'd behaved towards me at school have anything to do with his father leaving?

By this time I'd returned to stand behind her and she suddenly turned around and gave me a weak smile, apologising again for the length of time it had taken to deal with the parcels.

“Sorry you’ve had to wait love” she said, as if an explanation were needed “I’m sending my sons in Australia some presents for Christmas”

“It’s ok. Really” I quickly assured her, smiling back.

A few minutes later she was finished and I purchased my stamps and left the shop.

The Cassidy’s shop windows were surrounded by twinkling coloured lights and Christmas decorations as I hurried past, anxious to avoid them seeing me. Mr. Cassidy had cleared the path outside the shop like he usually did and I was grateful to be able to walk normally again, even if it was only for a short distance. Passing the shop where I’d been sick in the doorway reminded me that I would definitely be staying sober tonight. The last thing I needed was a repeat performance of last Friday night’s episode, even though we wouldn’t be drinking in the village. I'd almost got past the door when I realised that Mrs. Thompson, Aiden's mother, was standing in the shop doorway, struggling to pick up two heavy bags.

Suddenly, she dropped them and with a large sigh called out to me.

“Excuse me love, I hope you don't mind me asking. But aren’t you the Wright’s boy?”

My heart sank and all sorts of ridiculous thoughts rushed through my head. Had Aiden told his mother what had happened between us? Was I about to be berated for corrupting her son and ruining his relationship? From the expression on her face I somehow doubted it, but nonetheless my response was hesitant.

“Oh, I erm..…Yes, yes I am”

“I thought I recognised you in the post office. It’s Jason isn’t it?”

“Yes, it is”

The very idea of having a conversation with Aiden’s mother filled me with dread and I wondered what was coming next. I was on the verge of making my excuses and disappearing as quickly as possible when her next words kept me rooted to the spot.

“I’m Mrs. Thompson by the way. I think you’re friends with my son Aiden”

I must have looked like an idiot, standing there open-mouthed, desperately wondering what to say. The 'relationship' that existed between us could hardly be described as friendship to say the least. Now I really was lost for words, but Mrs. Thompson didn't wait for answers.

“You work together don’t you? At the computer store in the city. Aiden’s told me all about you”

She caught the look of alarm that instantly appeared on my face and was quick to reassure me.

“Don’t worry love, it’s all good” she explained smiling “He often talks about you”

“He does?"

“Oh yes. That’s the reason I stopped you really”

She looked slightly embarrassed at this point, obviously wondering how to continue. “I know you probably overheard the conversation in the post office Jason. It’s just that…….well the thing is, I shouldn't have been discussing it whilst you were there. I wouldn’t want him to know I’ve been gossiping about his father. Aiden never talks about him nowadays, but I know it still hurts him. I just didn’t want you to mention anything about it, that’s all”

There was no way I would ever mention anything like that to Aiden, as these days just talking to him normally didn't seem to be an option, but I nodded my agreement and didn’t enlighten her. Standing there facing her revealed just how tired and drawn she looked and for some reason I couldn’t bring myself to reveal the turbulent relationship I had with her son, even if I'd wanted to.

“Well thank you Jason” she said, stooping to pick up her bags once again “And it’s nice to meet you at last. Make sure you come by the house before too long"

I stood there, completely stunned by the conversation we were having. What the hell was Aiden playing at, pretending to be my friend? Under normal circumstances I would have immediately offered to carry her bags, but the thought of running into Aiden clearly made it a non starter. There was no harm in finding out where he was though and seeing as though she was still under the impression we were friends, I tentatively made my enquiry.

“How is Aiden today Mrs. Thompson?”

“Oh, he’s fine love” she offered “He’s gone into town to buy some new clothes for the Christmas party tonight. I thought you might be with him”

“No” I answered nervously, immediately coming up with a vague excuse “I had other things to do”

"Oh well, I'm sure you plan to catch up with each other later"

“He won’t be back for a while yet then?" I asked, deliberately avoiding a response to her supposition

“Oh no Jason. I think he was staying in town with a friend and going straight to the party afterwards” She frowned slightly before continuing “Obviously not with you though”

For a while I thought again about telling her the truth but decided there was no point. She clearly adored him and shattering her illusions wouldn’t achieve anything apart from upsetting her and despite who she was it didn’t feel right putting her through that. At that moment I caught Mrs. Cassidy scowling at me through the window and hurriedly made a decision I would probably live to regret.

“Look, let me carry your bags for you Mrs. Thompson, they look really heavy”

“No, it’s fine Jason. I can manage”

She clearly couldn't. The expression of fatigue and pain on her face told me otherwise and I stepped forward, firmly taking the bags from her.

“Really Mrs Thompson, I don’t mind”

A look of resignation and relief spread across her face, as she reluctantly admitted defeat. "Ok Jason, perhaps they are a bit heavy. But don't tell Aiden! I'm not supposed to lift anything"

She looked at me gratefully and we began gingerly picking our way through the compacted snow.

"You should really get Aiden to do this Mrs. Thompson"

"Oh, he always does Jason. It’s just that I wanted to try and get my own whilst he's out"

She obviously shouldn't have done so. It was becoming increasingly clear that Aiden looked after her and I marvelled at how completely different he seemed to the guy I knew from work.

The Thompsons lived in an old railway cottage at the edge of the village. Trains had long since ceased to run between Dryford and Hamborough and to the casual observer it was almost impossible to imagine there had ever been a railway here at all. The old station building nearby had been converted into a large house and the track bed was now a popular footpath between the two places. The cottage was the end one in a row of four and even though the garden was mostly covered in snow everything appeared to be neat and tidy.

“Nice garden” I remarked, as we walked up the path.

“I can’t take the credit for that I’m afraid, Aiden does it” she explained “He’s definitely got green fingers”

There was that pride in her voice again that reiterated just how much she thought of him. Filled with amazement, I began to wonder again if we were talking about the same person, or if some alien being took him over whenever he came to work. It made me realise how little I really knew about him and how different someone could be away from work. She struggled with the key as I stood waiting behind her in the porch with the heavy bags, before finally managing to open the door.

“Sorry about that Jason, it tends to stick”

The door opened straight into the kitchen and I carefully put the bags down in the corner. Not a thing was out of place and the neat well kept appearance immediately told me that Mrs. Thompson must be extremely house proud. She’d taken off her shoes in the porch before she came inside and I guiltily looked down at the wet footprints left by mine. Her eyes followed my glance downwards and she smiled, eager to reassure me that it didn’t matter.

“Don’t worry Jason, its fine. Aiden used to tramp inside in his muddy boots all the time when he was younger”

Her reassurance made me relax and I stood with my back to the work surface, watching her empty the shopping bags.

“Would you like to stay for a cup of tea Jason?"

“No thanks Mrs. Thompson, I really need to get back”

“Well thank you for carrying my bags. It was really good of you. I can see why Aiden likes you so much now”

Her comment made me blush and my eyes wandered downwards, struggling to avoid her direct gaze “I’d better be going then” I muttered to the floor, before reluctantly raising my head to face her.

In stark contrast to my flushed face Mrs. Thompson’s had turned deathly white and she began swaying unsteadily on her feet. She grabbed the table for support and I rushed over to help her, gently guiding her trembling body towards a chair. With my arm around her waist and her fingers grasped tightly around my outstretched hand, she gently sank down in the chair. My heart was racing and I gazed at her worriedly as I tried to determine how she was.

“Are you ok Mrs. Thompson?”

She didn’t answer at first and my eyes automatically scanned the room for a telephone. There didn’t appear to be one, but then we were in the kitchen so it was probably in the lounge. I relaxed slightly when I felt my coat pocket, relieved to find my mobile there. She smiled at me weakly and I was relieved to see that some of the colour had returned to her face.

“I’m fine Jason” she answered after a while “Just turned a little dizzy, that’s all”

I gave a huge sigh of relief that she seemed to be ok again but I couldn't help feeling concerned.

“Could you just get me a drink of cold water before you go please” she asked, pointing to a cupboard “You’ll find a glass up there”

“Yes, of course”

I quickly reached for a glass in the cupboard that she'd indicated and the tap creaked and groaned as the water spluttered out, slowly filling it. Carefully placing it on the table, I stood awkwardly at the side of her wondering what to do next. “There you go”

“Thank you” she whispered gratefully, bringing the glass slowly towards her lips.

“Look, is there anyone you want me to call? I asked her worriedly, hoping she wouldn’t say Aiden “Or can I get you anything else”

“No, I’ll be fine now Jason. You get yourself off home”

“Well only if you’re sure”

“I’m sure. But promise me you won’t mention this to Aiden”

“If that’s what you really want” I answered doubtfully, reluctantly nodding my head in agreement

“It is” she said with finality "I don't want to spoil his Christmas party. He deserves some time to himself at the moment"

There seemed to be an awful lot of things that she didn't want Aiden to know about and I got the distinct impression he had a much more important role in her life than just being her son.

"Thanks for helping me Jason" she was saying "I really appreciate it"

The colour had returned to her cheeks and she certainly looked a lot better now. I walked slowly towards the door, still feeling a little reluctant to leave her sitting there alone.

“And Jason” she called out after me “Thanks again for being such a good friend to Aiden. He really needs one at the moment”

I frowned slightly, pondering what she'd said. Why would he particularly need a friend right now?

With a final glance and an uncomfortable half smile I left the house, shaking my head with puzzlement. Deep in thought I carried on home, still finding it incredibly difficult to get my head around why Aiden was pretending to be my friend. What possible explanation could there be when he was treating me so horribly at work? Until his mother had fallen ill, I hadn’t intended to stick around, just in case he happened to come home unexpectedly, but there was no way I could’ve left her like that. No matter what he’d told his mother there was still a chance he might turn up at any minute and god knows what would’ve happened if he found me inside his house.

Some of the street lights had already come on and the breeze had grown stronger, whipping up the remaining loose snow against walls and hedges. I trudged home with shoulders hunched and head low, in a futile attempt to avoid the atrocious weather. By the time I got home it was almost three thirty and as I stepped inside, the wind made the door slam shut behind me, narrowly missing my outstretched fingers.

"Is that you Jason?" shouted mum from the kitchen.

"Yeah, I'm back"

She appeared at the kitchen door, wiping her hands on the flour spattered pinny she was wearing around her waist. "Did you get the stamps love?"

"Oh yes, of course"

After my encounter with Mrs Thompson, I'd completely forgotten about the reason for my visit to the post office in the first place.It did give me a good reason to mention her though and I took the opportunity to quiz mum.

"Oh by the way, I was talking to Mrs Thompson in the post office mum" I mentioned casually "Don't you know her?"

She glanced at me sharply and raised her eyebrows in surprise.

"Oh! I didn't think she went out anymore. She's very ill you know"

It was my turn to be surprised now and I eagerly quizzed her further.

"Oh, what's the matter with her?"

She gazed at me sadly before quietly responding "I don't think she has very long love"

For a second or two her meaning didn't register and then my eyes widened and my heart began racing as I struggled to say the words.

"You mean...she.....she's dying"

Mum nodded without speaking and as I stood there aghast, everything made sense. Why she'd looked so ill. Why Aiden was off work with no apparent reason so often. And why she'd said he needed a friend at the moment.

"She was in the post office sending parcels to her sons in Australia" I continued quietly

"Oh well, I suppose it's the last time she'll be able to do that"

I suddenly felt incredibly sorry for Aiden and couldn't imagine being in a worse situation. There was no excuse for his unpredictable behaviour towards me but at least I could now understand what was probably behind it.

"I don't know how Aiden's coping" she remarked "Is he still at work?"

"Yeah he is. But he has a lot of time off"

"I think a lot of her care has fallen on his shoulders" she remarked "He must be under a lot of strain"

"He must be" I agreed

"He'd probably appreciate a friend right now" she said, gazing at me pointedly

"Oh I don't know mum. We've never really got on"

"That's not like you Jason" she frowned "I'm sure you can make an exception this time"

I gave an inward shiver at the prospect. If she knew what had happened between us I didn’t think she’d have been too keen to suggest it.When I declined to answer she turned back towards the kitchen and I disappeared down the hall to my room, realising it was time to get ready to meet Nathan.

Eager to look my best for him, I opened the wardrobe doors and peered inside. It wasn't very often I had a reason to dress up, but this time I was determined to make a special effort, even if he didn't appreciate it in the way I desperately wanted him to. First of all I stripped naked and selected a pair of figure hugging boxer briefs that showed off my assets to their best advantage. Next, a pair of smart blue trousers hanging in the corner immediately caught my eye and I lifted them out, carefully letting the soft material slide gently over my hand. They were a birthday present from over a year ago and I'd only worn them once before, but I loved the way they hugged my slim figure. A blue striped shirt hanging at the other end was a perfect match and I tried it on, unable to decide whether to wear it inside my trousers or out. Finally, after deciding it looked better inside, I disappeared into the bathroom for a shower and a shave. The smiling face in the mirror stared back at me and my heart fluttered at the thought of how much I was looking forward to our meal together. For a second or two I even thought about wearing a tie but quickly dismissed the idea, anxious to show off my birthday present from mum and dad. The smell of deodorant hung heavy in the air as I sprayed it liberally inside my shirt. A second of wishful thinking made me spray some inside the front of my briefs, just in case there was even the tiniest chance that the inconceivable might happen.

Finally satisfied with the way I looked, it was time to leave the house and catch the bus to Nathan's flat in Cranfield. Mum had gone to sit in the lounge with dad when I went to say goodbye and they both smiled as I walked into the room.

"Blimey! Who's getting married?" asked mum, bursting into laughter.

"What do you mean?" I asked indignantly

"I've never seen you look so smart since we went to Mary's wedding last year"

Despite my indignation I couldn't stop a smile from breaking out on my face as I remembered all the fuss I'd made at the time. Mary was mum's sister and they'd practically had to force me to get dressed up. Normally I was much more comfortable wearing jeans and t-shirts but to me this was the most important meal I'd ever been out for and I was determined to make every possible effort I could.

"How many cans of deodorant did you use?" asked dad, jokingly turning up his nose at the smell.

"It's not that bad is it?" I asked worriedly "Have I put too much on?"

"No love, your dad's only joking. Don't take any notice"

"Ok. I'd better get going then" I said, relaxing again "Don't want to be late"

"You get off" said mum, standing up and kissing my cheek "And make sure you have a good time"

Dad reiterated what she'd said, and I backed slowly out of the room, smiling and waving from the door. "I will. And thanks again for the present"

I practically skipped out of the house and down the street, hardly able to wait for tonight.

 

Copyright © 2021 Filzmoos; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 19
  • Love 12
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

3 hours ago, Okiegrad said:

Jason putting that pic in his wallet probably wasn’t the smartest move 🧐

I agree! I can see it falling out at the worst possible time.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Stupid Jason...

 I hurriedly turned to the back page, desperate to see the breathtakingly beautiful photograph of Nathan once again. Within seconds I’d found it and my heart began to beat slightly faster as my emotions ran riot. Tracing a finger over the image of his body, my imagination quickly took over and I could almost feel his soft warm skin beneath my fingertip. Next, I carefully tore the photograph out of the magazine and gently kissed it before folding it in the back of my wallet.

Stupid...stupid...stupid...what a fustercluck

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I'm beginning to feel a tiny bit of sympathy for Aiden now. He's got a lot on his plate.

Yes, that photo is going to turn up at the worst possible time.

Link to comment

Sympathy for Aiden is justified, but his actions toward Jason are not. Period. The picture is most likely a poor choice, but what about ordering a back issue of a gay mens magazine to be delivered by post? Unless there is something different about mail in the UK, I would think there is a better than average chance Mum is going to be the first one to see the pictures of Nathan in his (almost) birthday suit......

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..