Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 1,353 Words
  • 1,178 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Life's Unexpected Surprises - 15. Chapter 5.2 - Those New Kid Feels - Life Starts Now

Elijah is back! And he's starting school like everyone else.
Check out the end notes for chronological order for chapter 5!!

Elijah Holmes

3 “Welcome to your new school! I hope you have a good time. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.” Our new principle gave us the last of her intro into the school. “Breston, your first class will be with my son. Enjoy his English class.”

Breston looked down at his schedule. “Oh hey, Gage Bells.” He looked up at the name sitting on the principle's desk.

“That's Mr. Bells in class.” She smiled before standing up. “Have a good day boys.”

We thanked her before leaving her office and entering into the new world that is our high school. We've both been stuck in our house for most of our time since we got in town. So we haven't made any friends here yet.

“Ready for a great new school year?” Breston asked me as we headed down the hallway. “Who do you think you're going to make friends with?”

I just shrugged. “I don't know, yesterday no one talked to me in homeroom. Guess no one wants to talk to the new kid.” They all just sort of stared at me and whispered to each other.

“You'll meet new friends in no time, promise!” Breston shook me before taking a step in front of me. “We have to head to homeroom again before classes. I'll see you at lunch, Elijah, don't get lost now!”

Left alone I wandered into my homeroom. Once again everyone avoided me like I was the black plague. So I kept to myself in the corner listening to the teacher as the kids fooled around.

Letting out a big sigh, the kid beside me nudged me. “This is pretty boring eh?” He had this goofy smile on his face that made him look really friendly. Honestly, it was contagious. “My name is Luke.”

I offered my hand. “Elijah.” I was being talked to!

We got interrupted by the teacher. “You can make acquaintance with your new classmates when I'm not talking Mr. Holmes.” I quickly nodded and returned my attention the teacher.

Luke and I managed to sneak in a few gestures while getting the first-day lecture. The teacher almost got mad at us again during the class. It wasn't long before we were sent on our way to our first class.

“What do you have?” Luke looked over my shoulder at my schedule. “Oh, sweet you've got science with me! I'll show you the way!”

“Okay, thanks.” That's good; I have Luke to show me to my first class.

Class started almost instantly when we got there. Luckily the teacher was chill about the seating plan for the first day. She said that there would be a seating plan starting tomorrow.

I managed to get a good look at Luke during the opening lecture. His blonde hair was longer than the average boys. He had on what I would call a soccer jersey which left almost nothing to the imagination. I had a hard time keeping my eyes off him honestly.

Once we were left to do a bit of work Luke and I finally got to talking. “So you're new to town too?”

“Ya, my step-brother and I are. Who else do you know that's new?”

Luke turned in his seat towards me. “Just Tax and his sister, though I haven't met his sister officially yet. Tax is cool; he is staying with his uncles and works at Antoine's Store.” My eyes went wide, could he mean 'The Antoine'!? “Yes, Isaac's husband.” He even knew what I got excited about!

“Have you met Isaac?”

Luke laughed. “I guess you're a Blades geek?” I nodded furiously. “I'm not really into that stuff, but I know Isaac. He works every once in a while down at a youth center I go to. He even went on a small vacation with a group of us!”

Pretty sure my eyes just went all glittery when he said that. Like in an anime where the character sees something they love. That HAS to be me right now. “That is so cool! When does he work?”

Luke laughed. “It's here and there; Isaac is an on-call staff member. So it depends on if anyone is sick or not. Sometimes he just comes down and hangs out.” I let out a sigh of pleasure. “You really are a geek aren't you?”

I could feel my face blush. “Ya, I have read everything there is to do with Blades. When my mom said we were moving, I was sad at first. When I heard that we were moving to Isaac's hometown, I was psyched!”

“He is a cool guy to hang out with.”

The teacher walked up to us; I thought we were going to get into trouble because we were talking so much. “Hello, boys, can I ask you two a favor?”

Luke and I looked at each other and shrugged. “Sure, how can we help?” Luke replied to the teacher. That was when I noticed there was a kid with her.

“Quinn here is stressed over the whole new school situation. I was wondering if you two would work with him.” The kid was almost holding onto her coat; nerves were getting the best of him for sure.

“I don't see why not.” Luke agreed with me with a nod. I moved over a seat so he could sit between us. “Come join us, Quinn! The more, the merrier.” Quinn gave off a shy smile and sat down between us.

“Thank you, boys try and keep the talking to a minimum please. I would like you three to get some work done.” Luke and I giggled to ourselves as the teacher returned to her desk.

“You're Quinn; we were in class last year right?” Quinn nodded. “Strong silent type?” Quinn remained silent just staring at his work.

“Hey...” I touched his shoulder just briefly, but he backed away like a bullet. “I'm sorry I startled you.”

Luke had a sudden realization. “That's right; you are super anxious about everything. It made all the kids unsure about you.” Quinn started biting his lip, and his hand started to shake slightly.

I looked at the teacher, who had her eyes on the three of us. She must have known about Quinn's anxiety and thought we were best for him. “Hey, Quinn?” I barely touched his hand, but it caught his attention instantly. “What question are you on?”

I tried to speak as calmly and kind, hoping to calm him down. His eyes looked like they were close to tears. We looked at each other for a bit. Luke tried to interject something but refrained himself from doing so. Eventually, Quinn turned to his paper and said “Question four.”

The voice I heard was so meek, so quiet you could barely hear it, but I did, and I wasted no time to reply to it. “Oh cool, Luke and I have only got to question three, could you show us the answer?”

He pointed to a part of the textbook. “It's this paragraph here.” Luke, Quinn and I actually got all the work done in class. The bell went right after we finished.

The teacher called Luke and me over to her desk before we left. “Thank you, boys, for your patience with Quinn. I know he can cause kids to be inpatient and that isn't any good for him. If you don't mind, I would like to sit the three of you together on my seating chart. Are you okay with that?” Luke and I shared a huge smile before turning to the teacher and nodding. “Okay, I think this will prove to be very good for Quinn and you two growing friends. If there are any troubles, please let me know immediately.”

“We will thanks!” Luke and I finally left the room and continued on our day. It turned out Luke, and I had three classes together, and Quin and I had two. I guess there is a friend of mine in each of my classes.

What a way to start the Year!”

Chapter End.

The Exact order of Chapter 5 is as fallows:

1 - Part 1 of Ch. 5.3
2 - Lucas' POV in Ch. 5.1
3 - Ch. 5.2
4 - Part 1 of Tax POV in Ch. 5.1
5 - Part 3 of Ch. 5.3
6 - Part 2 of Tax POV in Ch. 5.1

Copyright © 2017 kuragari129; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..